A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

They are even now making those more difficult, your vote is not now registered until you click on the link they send you l

• Sad 1

Latest news from piggy-eyed Simon Clarke (not my description but one from Mrs S) - his comments today to the media are that Liz Truss is enjoying her moment. I think this shows everyone how this government thinks. And with stories in many outlets of Kwarteng's legendary self confidence and arrogance. 

To actually say this (rather than keeping it to yourself) at a moment when there are so many reports of people struggling with bills, with health and some dependent on benefits is ill-advised. Surely?

Anyway, to pay for the tax cuts for the better off it looks like we're going back to austerity. Perhaps to be announced at their conference and will gain lots of support?

I've read the notes on the football side of the forum about Truss being a supporter but I'm ashamed I must admit by the association. I think it's very unfortunate for us to be linked to a person like her who appears devoid of human emotion, let alone character or judgement. The difference and comparison with Delia couldn't be more pronounced.

We've just been through two weeks of celebrating the long reign of the Queen - arguably something that has brought a lot of people together, a uniting event ...to be replaced with an atrocity of a PM who is heralding an era of more division. And to believe I couldn't envisage anyone worse than Johnson!

Britain should prepare for new age of austerity, warns Simon Clarke

Simon Clarke, the levelling up minister and a key Liz Truss ally, has told the Times that the market chaos that followed the government’s tax cutting mini-budget would pass and warned that Britain should prepare for a new age of austerity.

He also said the prime minister was “enjoying having the chance” to enact policies that “she believes is right”.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

The depravity of Johnson and Truss may have different sources, but the malign effects that each of these degenerates has on UK politics is equally egregious. Johnson brought naked narcissistic corruption to our highest political office and has left in his wake a corrosive lack of trust in our democratic system. Truss has brought an emotionless, ignorant, dogmatic adherence to ideology that she laid out so horrifically in that dystopian rant "Britannia Unchained" (written with those other RWNJs Kami-Kwasi, Patel, Raab, and Skidmore). UK citizens can now expect their human and working rights to be decimated as she seeks to create a land where the poor will be exploited to fill the pockets of the wealthy. An even more brutal austerity is on its way, and it will be the very poorest who will be expected to pay the price for tax cuts for the very richest. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Britain should prepare for new age of austerity, warns Simon Clarke

Simon Clarke....said the prime minister was “enjoying having the chance” to enact policies that “she believes is right”.

@littleyellowbirdie

Now you know where Cambridge gets his singular problem from. Simon Clarke is a Tory minister 

This letter was in the FT. By a Conservative! **

Quite a summary and the content is thoughtful and has depth to it.

** Though there's not much resembling Conservative about this latest incarnation of government.

IMG_20221001_193543.jpg

• Thanks 1

I see Truss is describing those who oppose her plans as "declinists". I somehow doubt householders who in the real world are about to get mortgage and energy bills they will struggle to pay see themselves in that kind of theoretical way, or regard themselves as responsible for some supposed national decline. Truss is right in one sense of the word though. The victims of her policies are very likely to decline to vote for her party at the next general election.

She's not very good when she's asked questions that require numerical answers, this one can go with the "How many affordable houses did you build?" that A F Neil asked her.

18 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

She's not very good when she's asked questions that require numerical answers, this one can go with the "How many affordable houses did you build?" that A F Neil asked her.

She also answers questions that have not been asked! Like a game show skit...answer a question that was asked just before. She has been mentored too - on how to use a gap and a space before answering questions. Except she cannot make it natural but very forced and noticeable. That is because she is running a script through her head - you can see her literally searching for which one in this interview.

We have had an utter narcissist before and she shares some characteristics but we now have a sociopath in charge.

Oh and btw, really rank journalism by Kuenssberg this morning. Ever quick to really challenge and interrupt Reeves but not Truss. Truss was allowed to answer questions not asked.

It leaves a surreal effect.  Campbell and Stewart are both excellent in their podcasts and have stated their views already of Truss being unsuitable and very disliked by her own MPs. I very much doubt she will last these next 2 years. Possibly only a few months.

I know the expression "may you live in interesting times" but I would rather we didn't - for a year or two at least.

• Like 1

On 01/10/2022 at 11:12, Herman said:

Petition anyone. They usually work.😬

I asked this question the other day, good to see, but what clout does this petition have?

1 hour ago, Indy said:

I asked this question the other day, good to see, but what clout does this petition have?

It will get asked in Parliament depending on how many sign it but I can see it getting short shrift. It gets the ball rolling a little bit if nothing else.

• Like 1

See Gove now is putting the knives in, guess that’s the Johnson supporters first move, Sunaks supporters just staying away from conference as their first move.

On 01/10/2022 at 10:54, keelansgrandad said:

Anyone watched "This England"? Fiction based on fact I know but certainly a glimpse of the personalities involved.

Any good? 

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

See Gove now is putting the knives in, guess that’s the Johnson supporters first move, Sunaks supporters just staying away from conference as their first move.

I thought he was quite balanced in his views with Laura Kuenssberg this morning. Kuenssberg was hopeless and let Truss off the hook 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

1 minute ago, Herman said:

No comment.👏👏👏

There's still plenty of common sense in the UK electorate yet. The fact that a clueless refugee from the 19th century is an MP doesn't necessarily speak volumes for his constituency, but does show how the political realm is not really representative of its populace.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Herman said:

No comment.👏👏👏

Blimey. Be careful you'll give Natural Cynic a turn! These lefties you know (the poor plebs).

There is a lot of anger right now across the country. Even audiences on Question Time have seen enough...

... and bankers are queueing up to get meetings with Reeves I've been reading. They know who they'll be speaking with in a future government. And markets always look forward don't they🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It seems now that there are more than enough Tory MPs that are joining the rest of the house to vote down the decrease in the 45% tax. 

She began to dissociated herself from the 45p rate decision yesterday……..not discussed by Cabinet and the Chancellor’s idea. “The Iron Lady” 😂 Hopeless!

More evidence of why we need an election, we need a government whose policies have been voted for by the electorate with a leader and Cabinet who are all moving in the same direction.

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 3