A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

49 minutes ago, Indy said:

The problem was Labour had that absolute commie in charge of the last election so there really wasn’t much choice, I could never vote for Corbin, nor anyone else at the last election so you could say I wasted my vote but what should I have done! I’m seriously pissed off with entire lot of them, it really doesn’t matter who you vote for, they take your money and most ensure jobs for mates, contracts for those in positions to aid and the electorate are really not bothered about…….it’s an antiquated and misused system now which could do with bringing into the 21st century.

Indy, your country was run by actual Commies!🤓

4 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Okay, smart ****. Define left wing and right wing. 

Edit: Actually, on second thoughts, don't bother: really don't have any interest in your opinion on anything you tedious inadequate troll. 

Thicko loses it again. All you have to do is point out he hasn't got a clue what he's taliking about. Never informed, never a reference to any serious article, or anything longer than a page.  And clearly hasn't heard of the Socratic fallacy or he wouldn't be so stupid as to ask for definitions of terms that have clear accepted application but like most social concepts defy any attempt at a definitive definition. Laughably ignorant!

1 hour ago, BigFish said:

Con 33%, Lab 41%. Which would see 128 Tories lose their sears. Fill in the current polls.

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/userpoll.html

I don't believe there will be an Election in the near future. But Johnson is single handedly destroying the Tories.  The poll tax was not defeated by riots in Trafalgar Square. But when 'matrons' in Maidenhead protested. Many of those 128 Tories will be worried. Even the Daily Express has sensed where the public mood lies. How much more will be needed to come out?

10 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

You are joking right? He may come across in his appearances in front of the camera as someone who wants to level up Britain but its vertically not horizontally. He is overseeing some of the most disgusting right wing provocation and lawmaking in years. He appointed Patel, who makes Tebbit look like Nelson Mandela.

The biggest spending government in history. Supporter of the Climate Change scam. Not sent a single illegal alien back home. Raises taxes. None of these are markers of a ring-wing government.

7 hours ago, RobJames said:

I was replying to RTB. But the names seem interchangeable. As does the right wing bigotry.

What bigotry are you talking about?

5 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Trump wanted protectionism for the US based on being a Global Power and MAGA. That the Chinese have a better foreign policy to countries that the US don't even know exists plus their massive manufacturing base, irked him.

Corbyn would want protectionism for worker's rights. There seems to be a rumour abroad that its all about money. the left are quite rightly more interested in conditions. That foreign workers were paid less on a building site is not a massive concern. The rate they worked for only serves to set a better rate for the rest. That they may be ignoring H&S on a site or factory was much more of a concern.

If you believe that foreign workers are responsible for setting wage rates you are not right. Thatcher established a policy of driving wages down and trying to deregulate. She got rid of the Unions thanks to the idiot Scargills's stupidity.

I was a printer and can tell you that the conditions people are working under in the industry are no better than when I finished in 1991.

If Corbyn was really interested in workers' rights he would have prevented cheap foreign labour coming to the UK and undercutting working-class wages. The working classes are the one's who suffer the most from overcrowded schools where English is a minority language in many schools, where hospitals are overcrowded and where social housing is almost non-existant for working-class families as immigrant families score higher on the points system. Corbyn as leader of the opposition did nothing to oppose open-door immigration, and did nothing for working-class people.

4 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Indy, your country was run by actual Commies!🤓

Exactly, purple I spent a few years of my childhood in Prague, early 70’s some parts were really good. Others not really, but having an English mother was really funny as we got away with so much, there’s a few really good stories I have, you wouldn’t believe! Sorry it might be a little strong but Corbyn just wasn’t the right choice in this day…. Times have moved on. I’d much rather a government made up of coalition with focus on what’s best for the country and electorate!

If we ever meet up, I really have a great background, being half Czech and from a circus background I really am lucky to be who I am……😉👍

Edited by Indy

3 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

cheap foreign labour coming to the UK and undercutting working-class wages.

Oh dear, this lie again. There is no evidence of this being true in anything beyond a marginal sense.

Just racism.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

The biggest spending government in history. Supporter of the Climate Change scam. Not sent a single illegal alien back home. Raises taxes. None of these are markers of a ring-wing government.

Windrush? Britannia Unchained? ERG Group?

And the spending was forced on them not given freely. Funny how Brown helped save the World but was criticised for his bailing out of the banks.

There are many on the Tory bank benches and among the donors who want Sunak or Patel as the leader after Boris. Wait for the clampdowns then.

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Windrush? Britannia Unchained? ERG Group?

And the spending was forced on them not given freely. Funny how Brown helped save the World but was criticised for his bailing out of the banks.

There are many on the Tory bank benches and among the donors who want Sunak or Patel as the leader after Boris. Wait for the clampdowns then.

I wonder what the more right wing of tories would think about having someone of Asian heritage as their leader??

37 minutes ago, Herman said:

I wonder what the more right wing of tories would think about having someone of Asian heritage as their leader??

Token?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Indy said:

The problem was Labour had that absolute commie in charge of the last election so there really wasn’t much choice, I could never vote for Corbin, nor anyone else at the last election so you could say I wasted my vote but what should I have done! I’m seriously pissed off with entire lot of them, it really doesn’t matter who you vote for, they take your money and most ensure jobs for mates, contracts for those in positions to aid and the electorate are really not bothered about…….it’s an antiquated and misused system now which could do with bringing into the 21st century.

Two things are happening to undermine Johnson. One is that the 'They are all as bad as each other' mantra isn't being believed any more. There was a Daily Mail front page piece two or three weeks ago which claimed what was then the example of the day of Tory sleaze actually showed  the whole UK political system was rotten.

Within a couple of hours someone senior at the Mail realised that just looked stupid (not least with straight-arrow boy scout Starmer leading Labour) and it was changed to being the latest sign of a purely Tory malaise. And in none of the subsequent coverage I have seen anywhere is there are attempt to tar Labour or the LibDems with the same brush.

The other development is that what was vote-winning for Johnson - his posh/roguish bit-of-a-lad persona - has been seen through. Not only does it not now work the way it did, but is increasingly been seen as a liability. It was appealing in good times but catastrophically tone-deaf in bad. Not least because voters who fell for it now feel like he took them for fools.

I remember when the wallpaper scandal broke one voter was asked their opinion, and said that if Johnson had managed to get someone else to pay for redecorating their home then good luck to him! OK, he is a bit of a chancer but actually I admire him for it. I doubt that still applies.

16 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

If Corbyn was really interested in workers' rights he would have prevented cheap foreign labour coming to the UK and undercutting working-class wages. The working classes are the one's who suffer the most from overcrowded schools where English is a minority language in many schools, where hospitals are overcrowded and where social housing is almost non-existant for working-class families as immigrant families score higher on the points system. Corbyn as leader of the opposition did nothing to oppose open-door immigration, and did nothing for working-class people.

You just don't look at it from any other point of view than your right wing one. When are you going to stop blaming immigration for social issues in this country.

"https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/userpoll.html"

Putting the above figures through the predictor. Has Tories losing 134-140 seats. Depending on the Libdem vote. Lab would be a couple of seats off an overall majority. The John Major sleaze was memorable for those responsible clinging on. And not resigning soon as. 40% of Tory MPs will be focussing, this w/e, on how to be rid of Johnson.

7 hours ago, Herman said:

Pippa has another scoop.

She will save the best for last, and I don’t believe this is anywhere near the last. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dj11 said:

She will save the best for last, and I don’t believe this is anywhere near the last. 

Revenge is a dish served piping hot by the looks of it. And she has some angry people in her contacts book.😀

• Like 1

Great line by Alistair Campbell this morning.

Based on the calibre of the possibilities of who would take over from Johnson he described it as "Out of the lying pan into the dire". 🤣

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Two things are happening to undermine Johnson. One is that the 'They are all as bad as each other' mantra isn't being believed any more. There was a Daily Mail front page piece two or three weeks ago which claimed what was then the example of the day of Tory sleaze actually showed  the whole UK political system was rotten.

Within a couple of hours someone senior at the Mail realised that just looked stupid (not least with straight-arrow boy scout Starmer leading Labour) and it was changed to being the latest sign of a purely Tory malaise. And in none of the subsequent coverage I have seen anywhere is there are attempt to tar Labour or the LibDems with the same brush.

The other development is that what was vote-winning for Johnson - his posh/roguish bit-of-a-lad persona - has been seen through. Not only does it not now work the way it did, but is increasingly been seen as a liability. It was appealing in good times but catastrophically tone-deaf in bad. Not least because voters who fell for it now feel like he took them for fools.

I remember when the wallpaper scandal broke one voter was asked their opinion, and said that if Johnson had managed to get someone else to pay for redecorating their home then good luck to him! OK, he is a bit of a chancer but actually I admire him for it. I doubt that still applies.

Call me a cynical ****, but I suspect much of the Tories GE campaign will be to dig up as much dirt as possible on Starmer (or whoever the Labour leader is).

11 hours ago, Herman said:

Pippa has another scoop.

All I can say is if thats a party, I'm glad I wasn't  invited.😀