A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

16 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I doubt he will be the leader at the next election, far too much baggage now. My guess is he will be replaced sometime next year otherwise we are getting to close to the next GE date. It will be interesting to see who comes to the front amongst the challengers. Rishi favourite but may lose some gloss as CE has to raise taxes to pay for Covid.

In any event the future is essentially unknowable and lingering Covid will make any prediction a punters nightmare. Making bets on a GE outcome in 2023/24 is finger in the air stuff. Much water will flow under Trowse bridge before then.

More seriously it would have to be someone untainted by the present cabinet - Hunt.

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

More seriously it would have to be someone untainted by the present cabinet - Hunt.

Yep, if I was a betting man, which I'm not, I reckon my money would be on Hunt.

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Now now, remember what the judge told you." Evidence is what you hear in court and nothing else"😉

It will be a long list then.....

3 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

14-1 with Betway.

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

It will be a long list then.....

Don't fall asleep on the jury bench.

Just now, Creative Midfielder said:

Yep, if I was a betting man, which I'm not, I reckon my money would be on Hunt.

The rumour I heard about Hunt is that after a poor (ideological) start at Health eventually he eventually came up to speed. He can be taught. Couldn't say the same about Hancock.

Just now, Yellow Fever said:

A hanging judge ?

Thankfully we dispensed with that barbaric practice some time ago else I could see some on here going for hung drawn and quartered with his head on a spike outside Downing St.

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Thankfully we dispensed with that barbaric practice some time ago else I could see some on here going for hung drawn and quartered with his head on a spike outside Downing St.

And he would still be making jokes

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Have I Got News For You and Frankie Boyle would have fun with a PM called Hunt

What about Truss?

7 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I have that image of the zip wire over the Thames...

Like a damp towel on a line': the day Boris Johnson got stuck on a zip wire  | Olympic Games 2012 | The Guardian

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fpolitics%2F2019%2Fjul%2F16%2Fstuck-zip-wire-boris-johnson-london-2012-olympics&psig=AOvVaw2oQqc98hl4_H_R2wTMtt5m&ust=1639500664708000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAsQjRxqFwoTCIDIuIie4fQCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

What about Truss?

Yes What about Truss.

Tuss is a favourite saying down here in Cornwall. It may be short for something but certainly sounds good the way it is said.

You can guess the meaning.

Its nearly as good as clunge from Inbetweeners.

• Like 1

Ricardos boy is finished. Too much still to come out. PPE contracts, flat refurbishment, Accuri backhanders. Tomorrows vote is being seen as a test. Not the last, either.

• Like 1

Here's the detail of levelling up under Johnson.

Full Independent article available on clicking.

42 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Not so sure. Truss's last four jobs have been Lord Chancellor, Chief Secretary to the Treasury, International Trade, and now Foreign Secretary. Those have kept her at a bit of a remove from what has gone on domestically, so by accident or design I don't think she is that much associated with either the sleaze or the staggering incompetence and outright viciousness (as exemplified by Patel) of the Johnson government. The electorate is purely made up of MPs, and her supposed libertarianism should win her support from the barking mad wing of the party.

36 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Not so sure. Truss's last four jobs have been Lord Chancellor, Chief Secretary to the Treasury, International Trade, and now Foreign Secretary. Those have kept her at a bit of a remove from what has gone on domestically, so by accident or design I don't think she is that much associated with either the sleaze or the staggering incompetence and outright viciousness (as exemplified by Patel) of the Johnson government. The electorate is purely made up of MPs, and her supposed libertarianism should win her support from the barking mad wing of the party.

And she was a remainer.....

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

What about Truss?

Probably a good shout, there are two electoral hurdles to leap: the MPs to get in the two person run up and then the Party. If she gets passed the first one she is the most popular candidate amongst those who vote. So if anyone wants to win they need to stop her getting on the ballot e.g. two candidates, possibly Sunak but can't see another.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

What about Truss?

Trussing Hunt. What a low level the vote leave cabal have left the tory party.🤣

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

Trussing Hunt. What a low level the vote leave cabal have left the tory party.🤣

Worth reminding ourselves of her credentials..... Canny operator in interviews, able to think on her feet, articulate, very funny and witty, a deep reservoir of intellect...

....not

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

BBC News with their rolling updates already having a field day with their scaremongering posts and front pages from newspapers.

Why won’t Covid just go away?, it’s very clever even more than Spanish flu, as this one keeps mutating and setting us back, while giving countries record daily figures despite high vaccination rates.

Boris is also making the situation worse on a national level.

Now I am no fan of the Conservative Party, in case you cannot tell, but what has happened to them? It's incredible that tonight they will rebel in large numbers against quite reasonable health & safety measures in a pandemic, in what is clearly a virtue signalling exercise because they know they will lose. At the same time they will happily vote to crack down on protest, reduce Human Rights, and in favour of expulsion of UK citizens. All of this ahead of a bye-election and while their poll ratings are tanking. Madness.

Edited by BigFish

C'mon guys and girls having a NCFC supporter as PM must be advantageous. Chelseas fortunes changed for the good when John Major became PM, Villa were terrible before the Cameron era.

I'm sure Liz can do the same for us. 😀

36 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Now I am no fan of the Conservative Party, in case you cannot tell, but what has happened to them? It's incredible that tonight they will rebel in large numbers against quite reasonable health & safety measures in a pandemic, in what is clearly a virtue signalling exercise because they know they will lose. At the same time they will happily vote to crack down on protest, reduce Human Rights, and in favour of expulsion of UK citizens. All of this ahead of a bye-election and while their poll ratings are tanking. Madness.

Agee with this  - but do you already know something about them - a bye-bye election 

• Haha 1

A bit too late. This speaker has been the most gutless speaker in a long, long time.  He leaves the chamber walking backward. Genuflecting to the Tory side of the house.