A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

There's a million things Boris can be sanctioned for but characterising three people sitting round a table with tinsel on their heads as some sort of rave is about as pathetic as it gets. Why use tittle tattle when theres plenty of real meat to get your teeth into.

But it wasn't three people. As you and he both know. "in one office there were four teams of six people". I suspect you were trying to defend this idiot. By laughings at the libs. That's the expression, isn't it, Ricardo? Now you are trying to row back. Only obeying orders were we ?

• Like 1

Just now, RobJames said:

But it wasn't three people. As you and he both know. "in one office there were four teams of six people". I suspect you were trying to defend this idiot. By laughings at the libs. That's the expression, isn't it, Ricardo? Now you are trying to row back. Only obeying orders were we ?

Im laughing at the Mirrors Scope. We can all see it was as weak as pi$$

14 minutes ago, ricardo said:

There's a million things Boris can be sanctioned for but characterising three people sitting round a table with tinsel on their heads as some sort of rave is about as pathetic as it gets. Why use tittle tattle when theres plenty of real meat to get your teeth into.

There is a police presence in Downing Street. And people have to login when entering. Yet the police cannot and will not come forward to say what happened. Aren't they there to uphold the law, not choose which ones to.

And the quiz night was just another piece of evidence that Downing Street was being used for purposes tax payers don't agree with. On its own, its worth little but with every other piece of evidence, it is very pertinent.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

It's not about what type of party it was. It's the fact there was many large gatherings and the blatant lying to try and cover it up. The Mirror is showing you the proof of complete disregard for you and me. They are taking the mick out of us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

BJ on tele at 8pm, hopefully to resign but looks like due to COVID 

As he will not be taking any questions from journalists the venue for this press conference will be a fridge.

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

No. You were trying to make fun of those who took this seriously. The evidence is fairly solid. Around 70 staff stayed in No10 after work to play the quiz. All Johnson has to do is deny it. He hasn't.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I guess you read the headline then stopped. 
The quiz was for lots of different offices in Downing Street. In one office it was reported that 12 people were around a small desk with drink and no social distancing. This was arranged / encouraged by Johnson. As this was against the law at the time it means that Johnson actively encouraged people to break the law.

Where do you draw the line in your morals of when and to what extent you are allowed to break the law ?. Do you think parking offences should not be prosecuted, or do you go as far as rapists and abusers should be excused ?. 

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

I guess you read the headline then stopped. 
The quiz was for lots of different offices in Downing Street. In one office it was reported that 12 people were around a small desk with drink and no social distancing. This was arranged / encouraged by Johnson. As this was against the law at the time it means that Johnson actively encouraged people to break the law.

Where do you draw the line in your morals of when and to what extent you are allowed to break the law ?. Do you think parking offences should not be prosecuted, or do you go as far as rapists and abusers should be excused ?. 

Well I certainly doubt that I would go as far as you with your Strawman arguments. This will all come out in the wash as things always do. As I have said on here many times, its not the action but the cover up that gets you in the end.

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Well I certainly doubt that I would go as far as you with your Strawman arguments. This will all come out in the wash as things always do. As I have said on here many times, its not the action but the cover up that gets you in the end.

I think they are trying for a cold rinse not a full wash.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think they are trying for a cold rinse not a full wash.

A week is a long time in politics. Time enough to get a new washing machine.

45 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Mean while you will laugh along with him. What's over 145,000 deaths among like minded souls?

Whoops, looks like he’s in trouble again.

The press saying he did not want to announce via a press conference as he knew he would get questioned about why the booster programme has failed to date.

The MP’s saying an announcement of this magnitude has to be announced in Parliament first.

He now has more Labour members supporting his COVID responses than Tory MPS.

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

There is a police presence in Downing Street. And people have to login when entering. Yet the police cannot and will not come forward to say what happened. Aren't they there to uphold the law, not choose which ones to.

And the quiz night was just another piece of evidence that Downing Street was being used for purposes tax payers don't agree with. On its own, its worth little but with every other piece of evidence, it is very pertinent.

I think that is the key point - we have a corrupt and politicised police force protecting our corrupt and incompetent government - that is a toxic mix in any society and one that usually ends very badly.

22 minutes ago, Well b back said:

He now has more Labour members supporting his COVID responses than Tory MPS.

I think that Labour have actually handled the Covid response as an opposition throughout the pandemic in a serious and considered way - irrespective of one's views on lockdowns etc. They have very rarely sought to make political capital from the government's positions, other than to really urge caution. If it was the other way round I just wonder how many of the Tories would support Labour caution? Whether they would play a more political game? For sure, there would have been a more transparent procurement policy and none of the contracts for friends.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I think that is the key point - we have a corrupt and politicised police force protecting our corrupt and incompetent government - that is a toxic mix in any society and one that usually ends very badly.

Indeed

I will stand to be corrected but I understood that the police recorded everybody in and out, to include departure and arrival times.

12 hours ago, ricardo said:

No, it does not matter what they were wearing, or the nature of what they were doing, the point is they broke the law on gatherings at the time.

1 hour ago, KernowCanary said:

No, it does not matter what they were wearing, or the nature of what they were doing, the point is they broke the law on gatherings at the time.

The law is the law whether you agree with it or not. Clearly Johnson and others broke it.

I'm actually looking forward to the symbolic skip outside No 10 with the Johnson's gaudy tasteless tat pilling up inside it as it is stripped out (and Tory donor's eyes watering as their £50K or whatever is carried off to the tip)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

The law is the law whether you agree with it or not. Clearly Johnson and others broke it.

I'm actually looking forward to the symbolic skip outside No 10 with the Johnson's gaudy tasteless tat pilling up inside it as it is stripped out (and Tory donor's eyes watering as their £50K or whatever is carried off to the tip)

The Mirror story may not be the silver bullet, but like it or not & @ricardo clearly doesn't like it, it dominated the news agenda over the weekend and panicked Johnson enough to pointlessly broadcast to the nation with the sole objective to move the agenda on. It did its job. It further emphasised the contempt Johnson has for the electorate.

Heads down now to the Tory revolts tomorrow. May struggled to get business through the HoC because she lost her majority. Johnson struugles because he lost the confidence of the Conservative Party.

18 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Try defending the smug pirck @ 2.35

I got almost heartbroken watching that, especially when he mentions his friend who died last year and the funeral had to be done on Zoom 😞

Edited by KernowCanary

Looks like Ricardo is ploughing a lonely furrow these days...though you do have to admire his determination to support lost causes to the bitter end. 🤣

Apples

15 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Looks like Ricardo is ploughing a lonely furrow these days...though you do have to admire his determination to support lost causes to the bitter end. 🤣

Apples

Watched far too many relegations mate.

• Haha 1

It amazes me there are still apologists for Johnson. I see it as a strength to be able to shift your position  when such  evidence is presented. It was only a zoom call, there was only 3 of them, it was last year, they were working extremely hard and he is doing his best, does not wash with me, and nor should it to law abiding, objective,  open minded people. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, dj11 said:

It amazes me there are still apologists for Johnson. I see it as a strength to be able to shift your position  when such  evidence is presented. It was only a zoom call, there was only 3 of them, it was last year, they were working extremely hard and he is doing his best, does not wash with me, and nor should it to law abiding, objective,  open minded people. 

Maybe I'm reading between lines but I get a strong feeling you might not be voting for him next time.

9 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Maybe I'm reading between lines but I get a strong feeling you might not be voting for him next time.

Must be what you are saying to every one you meet.

53 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I think most of us are rather hoping that we won't get the opportunity to vote for him 'next time' 😀

Arguably since Johnson has become an electoral liability for the Tories I suppose there is a case for saying that we should just grin & bear it for another 2-3 years and hope he survives, as it would substantially increase the chances of getting rid of the Tories completely next time.

But personally I think the more immediate satisfaction of seeing him get the bum's rush he so richly deserves from his own party is irresistable - another 2/3 years of his incompetence and corruption would be just too painful even if it did mean annihilation for the Tories in 2024 - way too anyway by then for the damage he has caused to ever be fixed.. 

9 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I think most of us are rather hoping that we won't get the opportunity to vote for him 'next time' 😀

Arguably since Johnson has become an electoral liability for the Tories I suppose there is a case for saying that we should just grin & bear it for another 2-3 years and hope he survives, as it would substantially increase the chances of getting rid of the Tories completely next time.

But personally I think the more immediate satisfaction of seeing him get the bum's rush he so richly deserves from his own party is irresistable - another 2/3 years of his incompetence and corruption would be just too painful even if it did mean annihilation for the Tories in 2024 - way too anyway by then for the damage he has caused to ever be fixed.. 

I doubt he will be the leader at the next election, far too much baggage now. My guess is he will be replaced sometime next year otherwise we are getting to close to the next GE date. It will be interesting to see who comes to the front amongst the challengers. Rishi favourite but may lose some gloss as CE has to raise taxes to pay for Covid.

In any event the future is essentially unknowable and lingering Covid will make any prediction a punters nightmare. Making bets on a GE outcome in 2023/24 is finger in the air stuff. Much water will flow under Trowse bridge before then.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Depends if I'm on the jury or not 😉

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

Depends if I'm on the jury or not 😉

Now now, remember what the judge told you." Evidence is what you hear in court and nothing else"😉