A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

9 minutes ago, ricardo said:

All a matter of timing😉

😀

I heard Carrie Antoinette had a sudden craving for Phal Curries last night.

23 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Each of the three cases that ended in fines this month would have required evidence from the Metropolitan Police and a decision by the Crown Prosecution Service to proceed.

And due to delays in the courts system, more could be coming down the track from the same period last year. 

Ami Goto, a 23-year-old from West London, was last week fined £1,100 plus court costs.

Westminster Magistrates Court found she had, without reasonable excuse, participated in a gathering in a flat in Holborn, central London, on 18 December, despite the area being under Tier 3 restrictions.

Ebru Sen, 26, of Sittingbourne, Kent, was also fined for being at the same gathering. 

Both women must pay the fine by 29 December or face bailiffs taking possessions to cover the amount.

In a third case, Emilia Petruta-Cristea, 24, of Wanstead, East London, was also fined £1,100 for being part of an illegal gathering at her own home.

Yet they found “no reasonable evidence” for the No.10 Christmas Party all despite a leaked video featuring a dithering spokesperson.

Edited by KernowCanary

1 hour ago, BigFish said:

I suspect Starmer's main aim now is to make sure he paints ALL the Tories with Johnson's lying and cheating sleaze and that he takes them all down with him. No point in doing only half a job.

1 hour ago, KernowCanary said:

Yet they found “no reasonable evidence” for the No.10 Christmas Party all despite a leaked video featuring a dithering spokesperson.

The leaked video doesn't contain any explicit admission of anything though, and the resignation was ostensibly for making light of the pandemic measures rather than any party. 

Personally, I think the big issue here is the lie rather than the event itself. If they'd had simply said they were in the office together working and decided they might as well have a glass of wine together they'd have shrugged it off by now. 

It is not in Labours interest to be rid of Johnson. Just now. They know there is much more to come out. Better it does while he is PM.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The leaked video doesn't contain any explicit admission of anything though, and the resignation was ostensibly for making light of the pandemic measures rather than any party. 

Personally, I think the big issue here is the lie rather than the event itself. If they'd had simply said they were in the office together working and decided they might as well have a glass of wine together they'd have shrugged it off by now. 

I bet BJ is s****** himself that the ghost of Christmas past Dominic Cummings will be exposing the facts soon.

As a matter of interest do you think the 3 people fined should have been allowed to lie and let off their fines ? Don’t know if you have kids, but if you do, should they tell you lie after lie would you tell them to stop lying or encourage them to lie more ?

By the way the video contained quite a bit, for people like my wife, it shew that as her dad laid in hospital dying on his own, Boris’s aides thought it was funny. Maybe Stratton and co would like to face a few people like my wife and laugh at them in their faces rather than behind their backs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Whoops, looks like the evidence will be there soon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59601447

Jack Doyle, former Daily Mail journalist, succeeded James Slack, another former Daily Mail journalist,who became Deputy Editor of The S*n.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Until this country gets from under the spell of these feckin newspapers it will never get better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RobJames said:

It is not in Labours interest to be rid of Johnson. Just now. They know there is much more to come out. Better it does while he is PM.

The same applies to the Tories, they need everything to land at the clowns door so they can have a fresh start. Problem is if they leave it to late more and more people will blame ‘ the Tories ‘ rather than ‘ Johnson ‘.

QT will be good tonight. Anyone know who the Tory put forward tonight is or have they boycotted it.

I do wonder how they got hold of that what’s app message re the wallpaper, can’t believe Boris or the donor gave it up, Dominic Cummings maybe ?

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

The same applies to the Tories, they need everything to land at the clowns door so they can have a fresh start. Problem is if they leave it to late more and more people will blame ‘ the Tories ‘ rather than ‘ Johnson ‘.

There is a great reluctance for any Tory to step up. However, polls that would wipe away 117 Tories cannot be ignored. I suspect a move away from the hard right. And towards the centre will follow..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Double figures now? 🤔🤣

Apples

I think he's aiming for a ra-ra rugger team, what-ho.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

I think he's aiming for a ra-ra rugger team, what-ho.

He's probably already working to provide the subs and seconds. 🧐🤣

Apples

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Well b back said:

QT will be good tonight. Anyone know who the Tory put forward tonight is or have they boycotted it.

A pretty tame bunch - Rachel MacLean MP, Anneliese Dodds MP, Steven Bartlett, Michael Portillo and Adjoa Andoh.

4 minutes ago, RobJames said:

A pretty tame bunch - Rachel MacLean MP, Anneliese Dodds MP, Steven Bartlett, Michael Portillo and Adjoa Andoh.

Michael Portillo may tell it the way it is.

A point. If there were no parties? No infringement of the covid rules? Why has Angela Stratton resigned?

• Haha 1

It seems now there were 7 parties of which 5 have dates, at least 1 hosted by Johnson and another staff were internally disciplined.

The number of parties needing to be investigated is increasing at a faster rate than the Omicron variant.

52 minutes ago, RobJames said:

A point. If there were no parties? No infringement of the covid rules? Why has Angela Stratton resigned?

Is resigned the appropriate word?

Probably not. But it amounts to the same thing. Someone has left over something that we are told did not happen.

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

By the way the video contained quite a bit, for people like my wife, it shew that as her dad laid in hospital dying on his own, Boris’s aides thought it was funny. 

I doubt any of them would have thought that was funny if they knew about it. 

Meanwhile Economic growth is slowing, £ is down 7% since the Summer, inflation rising and the largest tax rises in history are coming in the spring.

The one piece of good mews is the Covid restrictions and rising rates of infection mean the BoE are unlikely to raise interest rates just yet

8 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I doubt any of them would have thought that was funny if they knew about it. 

Interesting concept. I appreciate they were not laughing at individual circumstances or possibly even that people were in those predicaments, however if I break the law, but wasn’t aware of the law I would still be guilty. In my opinion therefore they were laughing at the predicament of the British public and the fact they were breaking the rules and therefore laughing at everybody who kept to the rules.

They are treating us like we are idiots, however again only my opinion, surely they are ‘ the village idiots ‘. In the coming weeks I guess many will be denying they supported and defended Johnson.

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Et tu YouGov??

Who are the 33% Tory voters?

They've been lied too, cheated and now laughed at by the Tories.

Do they have no self respect ?

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 2