A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

44 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Same as @Well b back, I used to be a regular Tory voter but won't be going anywhere near this shower.

Indeed

I have brought my children up to not lie, deceive, be racist or treat anybody differently to how they would want to be treated, whatever their circumstances. Consequently I would find it impossible to vote for Johnson or the like as I would be very hypocritical. 
I wonder if Johnson will bring his own child up to have his values with regards to things such as lying.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Indeed

I have brought my children up to not lie, deceive, be racist or treat anybody differently to how they would want to be treated, whatever their circumstances. Consequently I would find it impossible to vote for Johnson or the like as I would be very hypocritical. 
I wonder if Johnson will bring his own child up to have his values with regards to things such as lying.

There's plenty of room for a principled, socially relatively liberal and economically laissez-faire approach to things, the problem nowadays is that it's mainly the Liberal Democrats - and with a gamed FPTP model, third parties are particularly hamstrung.

26 minutes ago, Well b back said:

It will be a miracle if he has anything to do with bringing up the child at all. How many has he abandoned so far, 5 or 6? He seems to treat his children with the same regard he has for the truth.

Edited by horsefly

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

There's plenty of room for a principled, socially relatively liberal and economically laissez-faire approach to things, the problem nowadays is that it's mainly the Liberal Democrats - and with a gamed FPTP model, third parties are particularly hamstrung.

The thing is, this is not a 'normal' Tory government.

• This one a highly populist and does a lot of its business through slogans. "Get Brexit Done", "Levelling Up", "Freedom Day", "Global Britain". Cabinet ministers must go to school somewhere where they are reminded to say this in each statement they make. Even Javid yesterday turned his Covid declaration into something like spin - for the vaccination programme. You could say it was not a good story but he tried to turn it into a good one. These slogans are meant to project drive, ambition and delivery

• Yet....it's all rhetoric. Brexit hasn't been "done" as we can all see. Like me signing for a house but the whole thing needs reconstruction before I could ever live in it. We are NOT Global but we are weakened internationally. It ISN'T freedom and for lot of people it is a goodbye or if vulnerable, it is a scary future. And people will have heard his levelling up speech...there is NO detail. Covid policy and responses throughout most of this government's term has been like watching a listing ship. Hell, oh for a John Major or Thatcher type government (and didn't expect to type that). Even May would have fared better I believe

• This administration also looks paralysed, subject to polls as I posted the other week. It therefore often backtracks. It is devoid of REAL ideas. It performs U turns

• The main object is to keep power - to "take back control". Forget the ridiculous slogan about the EU this control is about taking it from parliament (just look at the lack of scrutiny at the moment, evading questions and challenge). They are trying to undermine the civil service (look at who has been pushed out or has resigned). It's taking back control from the judiciary (consider the proroguing attempt and the scathing stance of the Supreme Court last year). Even the BBC isn't safe - certainly not the liberal Channel 4. How many times does the BBC Newsnight service state they asked for a minister but none was available. Only extreme regimes avoid scrutiny. Does this not appal anyone on this forum?

• It uses people of high standing and cronies to dominate the media. The press isn't neutral (and see comments on BBC above).

• As @TheGunnShow says, there is little opportunity to challenge because of FPTP. Look too how the government is trying to introduce Voter ID through. Pesky younger voters might not like this adminstration. They are also looking at changing administrative/constituency boundaries. They want more blue walls

• Slogans have bought off many Tories who still will vote for funny old Boris. Yet, one small glimmer of hope is that if there are many more voters like @TheGunnShowand @Well b back then perhaps, just perhaps, there could be more by elections  like the recent one. A more decent, liberal alliance perhaps?

• In the meantime expect more culture wars - and the few folk on this forum who try and stoke division too - the "wokes", the "snowflakes" etc. Division is obviously high on the agenda. Look at the statute for Northern Ireland. It will lead to blood on the streets. It doesn't need little me to see this

• As long as they can scrape in and keep doing well in the polls it is all Johnson wants

• It is one of the poorest quality cabinets in living history, absent of real understanding. Listen to them, they just talk generalities. Why? Because there is nothing much underneath. Listen to Williamson, listen to Truss, listen to Raab. Gove too - yet he is far more seasoned at bullsh1t

• Look at what has been done, more importantly, HOW it has been done and how much it has been about themselves and not FOR the general public

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sonyc said:

The thing is, this is not a 'normal' Tory government.

• This one a highly populist and does a lot of its business through slogans. "Get Brexit Done", "Levelling Up", "Freedom Day", "Global Britain". Cabinet ministers must go to school somewhere where they are reminded to say this in each statement they make. Even Javid yesterday turned his Covid declaration into something like spin - for the vaccination programme. You could say it was not a good story but he tried to turn it into a good one. These slogans are meant to project drive, ambition and delivery

• Yet....it's all rhetoric. Brexit hasn't been "done" as we can all see. Like me signing for a house but the whole thing needs reconstruction before I could ever live in it. We are NOT Global but we are weakened internationally. It ISN'T freedom and for lot of people it is a goodbye or if vulnerable, it is a scary future. And people will have heard his levelling up speech...there is NO detail. Covid policy and responses throughout most of this government's term has been like watching a listing ship. Hell, oh for a John Major or Thatcher type government (and didn't expect to type that). Even May would have fared better I believe

• This administration also looks paralysed, subject to polls as I posted the other week. It therefore often backtracks. It is devoid of REAL ideas. It performs U turns

• The main object is to keep power - to "take back control". Forget the ridiculous slogan about the EU this control is about taking it from parliament (just look at the lack of scrutiny at the moment, evading questions and challenge). They are trying to undermine the civil service (look at who has been pushed out or has resigned). It's taking back control from the judiciary (consider the proroguing attempt and the scathing stance of the Supreme Court last year). Even the BBC isn't safe - certainly not the liberal Channel 4. How many times does the BBC Newsnight service state they asked for a minister but none was available. Only extreme regimes avoid scrutiny. Does this not appal anyone on this forum?

• It uses people of high standing and cronies to dominate the media. The press isn't neutral (and see comments on BBC above).

• As @TheGunnShow says, there is little opportunity to challenge because of FPTP. Look too how the government is trying to introduce Voter ID through. Pesky younger voters might not like this adminstration. They are also looking at changing administrative/constituency boundaries. They want more blue walls

• Slogans have bought off many Tories who still will vote for funny old Boris. Yet, one small glimmer of hope is that if there are many more voters like @TheGunnShowand @Well b back then perhaps, just perhaps, there could be more by elections  like the recent one. A more decent, liberal alliance perhaps?

• In the meantime expect more culture wars - and the few folk on this forum who try and stoke division too - the "wokes", the "snowflakes" etc. Division is obviously high on the agenda. Look at the statute for Northern Ireland. It will lead to blood on the streets. It doesn't need little me to see this

• As long as they can scrape in and keep doing well in the polls it is all Johnson wants

• It is one of the poorest quality cabinets in living history, absent of real understanding. Listen to them, they just talk generalities. Why? Because there is nothing much underneath. Listen to Williamson, listen to Truss, listen to Raab. Gove too - yet he is far more seasoned at bullsh1t

• Look at what has been done, more importantly, HOW it has been done and how much it has been about themselves and not FOR the general public

I think you may be summing up the difference between genuine free-market capitalism, and the brand of crony capitalism that is going on now.

No respect for anyone, especially his own supporters. Like Trump, he knows they will buy any old horse****.

So either you are lying Johnson or Janrick lied about the PM in which case he should be sacked. Unless I misunderstand Track and Trace Johnson has just lied again. If you are pinged as he is now saying I thought you didn’t get contacted by them, it was only if your name is given to them as a contact. Maybe I misunderstood, but if that is the case then not only was I not contacted via contact with positives who gave me as a contact, but I haven’t been contacted by the ping I had as well totally unrelated to the app. I also understand it that it is not a legal requirement to isolate on a ping.

The PM later said they had "briefly" considered taking part in the scheme.

But Boris Johnson said it was "far more important that everybody sticks to the same rules and that's why I'm going to be self-isolating until Monday 26 July".

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

The PM later said they had "briefly" considered taking part in the scheme.

But Boris Johnson said it was "far more important that everybody sticks to the same rules

So basically exactly what he did when he "briefly" considered the Hancock breach of Covid rules as "dealt with" until the opinion pollsters told him it was unpopular so he accepted his resignation a few hours later. The man is a degenerate witless fraud.

Too many stories to keep up with. 

Now, the vaccines minister Zahawi's property deals look like they will come under the microscope. Why would you want to buy a Chunnel industrial estate next to the Ashford Eurotunnel train station just days before the trade deal was signed. 😜... and as usual with this lot, done with maximum transparency. Not.

Busy fella ...his property portfolio with his vaccines portfolio.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/vaccines-ministers-100m-property-empire-

Edited by sonyc

58 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Too many stories to keep up with. 

Now, the vaccines minister Zahawi's property deals look like they will come under the microscope. Why would you want to buy a Chunnel industrial estate next to the Ashford Eurotunnel train station just days before the trade deal was signed. 😜... and as usual with this lot, done with maximum transparency. Not.

Busy fella ...his property portfolio with his vaccines portfolio.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/vaccines-ministers-100m-property-empire-

It’s ok don’t worry about him Johnson’s mate on the ethics committee will ensure he is found to ‘ have done nothing wrong ‘

Johnsons first Law: Me Me Me.

Johnsons Second Law - after having due respect for evidence based science: If it can be c  oc k e d up I will c o c k it up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Johnsons first Law: Me Me Me.

Johnsons Second Law - after having due respect for evidence based science: If it can be c  oc k e d up I will c o c k it up. 

Forgot to add the third law - there's always another Tory/Brexit supporter to sponge off (holidays, decorations and on and on)

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I hope you all sleep well, because Boris is going to be in for a long time. 

Hope you don’t bring your children up with his morales, lying piece of scum

33 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I hope you all sleep well, because Boris is going to be in for a long time. 

If you mean prison, I agree

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Stop calling names

Johnson is a lying piece of scum, what would you call him ?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Well b back said:

Johnson is a lying piece of scum, what would you call him ?

Answers on a postcard. One the size of a billboard.

• Haha 1

Perhaps Nominative Determinism should be made law such that everyone would be forced to adopt a name that represented their behaviour. Then "Lying Piece of Scum" would be a most apposite choice to replace "Boris".

32 minutes ago, Herman said:

Are we sure Swindo and is actually English? 

Patel should be informed

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Cornish back to 1327  what about you Chris ?

That's not actually English though is it?

He's probably of Greator Brittany stock - i.e. a Frenchy. Or he's descended from a Norman invader, so again a Frenchie. 

Not like proper Angles or Saxons or Danes who build this country to what it is today.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Cornish back to 1327  what about you Chris ?

another lie by swindle

one traced relative does not prove anything other than that person's death record

even a thicko like swindle should grasp that there will have been many others afterwards

10 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

William SEARL       born1327    Lanreath, Cornwall

An anagram of "Lame Liar swil". How appropriate!