A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

The leader sets the tone but the true facists/racists implement the policies. T'was ever thus.

Why.jpg

How low.jpg

Yep! this would see Sir Nicholas Winton criminalised for saving the lives of those Jewish children. A day of utter shame for the country. 

36 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Yep! this would see Sir Nicholas Winton criminalised for saving the lives of those Jewish children. A day of utter shame for the country. 

You know my views of this horsefly character but I have to say what Herman posted did concern me greatly.

On further examination action its not quite as bad as I feared. The offence referred to would not apply to people working on behalf of a non profit organisation formed to assist asylum seekers so Sir Nicholas could not have been prosecuted.

I guess this is a practical measure to reduce the evidential burden in people smuggling cases but certainly one to watch to make sure it does not go too far.

5 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

You know my views of this horsefly character but I have to say what Herman posted did concern me greatly.

On further examination action its not quite as bad as I feared. The offence referred to would not apply to people working on behalf of a non profit organisation formed to assist asylum seekers so Sir Nicholas could not have been prosecuted.

I guess this is a practical measure to reduce the evidential burden in people smuggling cases but certainly one to watch to make sure it does not go too far.

And which not for profit organisation assisting asylum seekers was Sir Nicholas working for? As usual, you're talking tripe (Just as you did when you said Trump would "fizzle away" in a few days).

I wonder if they're blowing up a problem beyond all proportion just like in the US with "electoral fraud"? If a culture war won't work, just pretend something alien to culture is far more serious than the facts allow.

Pretty typical method of incompetent powers-that-be.

5 minutes ago, horsefly said:

And which not for profit organisation assisting asylum seekers was Sir Nicholas working for? As usual, you're talking tripe (Just as you did when you said Trump would "fizzle away" in a few days).

Literally every article on Winton mentions the organisation he worked on behalf of.  I'm not going to bother with this anymore as you are not interested in the discussion, only the fight and there is a game on

7 hours ago, Herman said:

Listened to PMQs today and it was pretty poor. At least 4 times he answered a question, or didn't, and crammed in the vaccine rollout and the final question he brings up the EMA falsehood for the umpteenth time. The Speaker pulled him up, weakly, a couple of times but if the PM willfully lies to the house, and again nothing is done properly, then they may as well shut down this farce. 

TBH I think it is already shut down for all practical purposes - without a written constitution and with a Head of State & Speaker of the HoC neither of whom take their constitutional responsibilities seriously then our Parliamentary 'democracy' is completely dead in the water.

Parliament's scrutiny of the Government/holding it to account are absolutely non-existent and have been for the entire duration of this Parliament.

We haven't been a genuine democracy for a long while (arguably never) but in recent years we have definitely undergone a downgrade from the pseudo democracy that we used to be into the elective dictatorship that we are now.

3 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

I'm not going to bother with this anymore as you are not interested in the discussion, only the fight

Says the man who began his post with "You know my views of this horsefly character", obviously personalising the argument from the off.  So lacking in self-awareness as usual.

BTW he worked for a  refugee group based in Prague Czechoslovakia. Now do feel free to remind us what Patel would say about the possibility of accepting refugees from there.

Edited by horsefly

So I wonder if tomorrow Tories will be telling us to boycott England games, or somehow tell us they were responsible for the result.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe Boris could just do his damn job and not need constant distractions?

Distraction.jpg

The test of true friendship and personal responsibility is when you can listen (and then act on) to what your friends are telling you....

Edited by Surfer
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Surfer said:

Maybe Boris could just do his damn job and not need constant distractions?

Distraction.jpg

I'm not even sure he needs a distraction anymore. There are just so many people out there, as Trump proved, who will believe outrageous lies because they cannot believe anyone in power would lie to that extent.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I'm not even sure he needs a distraction anymore. There are just so many people out there, as Trump proved, who will believe outrageous lies because they cannot believe anyone in power would lie to that extent.

That is clearly true but I think it is even worse than that - even when it becomes clear that they've been taken for fools again they don't seem to care so there is no penalty for lying even when caught out.

I'm sure we could all cite plenty of examples but I would suggest that the Withdrawa; Agreement/NI Protocol is one of the more recent and egregious ones - Johnson acting in his official capacity as PM after the Agreement had been signed quite clearly promised that there would be 'no border in the Irish Sea'. All the grown ups in the room knew it was a blatent lie, after all it was not only clearly defined in the Agreement but had been much discussed and reported on both before and after the Agreement was signed. So even Johnson's thickest and devoted supporters (and even some of his MPs who apparently voted it through the HoC believing that there would be no border) must all know now that they're been treated like complete idiots - you'd think that would upset people but apparently not. Sadly Johnson (and Trump before him) seems to be tapping into previously undiscovered levels of stupidity  🙄 

16 hours ago, Surfer said:

Yeah, thanks for the help Boris…. Prime Plonker

Yep, he really is massively embarrasing for the UK  - he appears to forgotten that is PM for the whole UK recently although in reality  it has been obvious ever since he got the job that he has interest in or care for any of the nations except for England.

Must admit I was slightly but pleasantly surprised that even the Wimbledon commentators were having a pop at him the other day and that is as Conservative a gig as it gets 😂

Edited by Creative Midfielder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Yep, he really is a massively embarrasing for the UK  - he appears to forgotten that is PM for the whole UK recently although in reality  it has been obvious ever since he got the job that he has interest in or care for any of the nations except for England.

Must admit I was slightly but pleasantly surprised that even the Wimbledon commentators were having a pop at him the other day and that is as Conservative a gig as it gets 😂

Yep, quite right. He would have been better advised to simply STFU and had England  have won he could have basked in a kind of reflected glory anyway. But, no, he had to have the biggest St George flag plastered across Downing Street. Jump onto the biggest bandwagon going is what our world king must do (he did that before when changing his allegiance on Brexit too).

Imagine it's gone down well in Scotland and Wales (or perhaps they've ignored it?.....I very much doubt!).

45 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Yep, quite right. He would have been better advised to simply STFU and had England  have won he could have basked in a kind of reflected glory anyway. But, no, he had to have the biggest St George flag plastered across Downing Street. Jump onto the biggest bandwagon going is what our world king must do (he did that before when changing his allegiance on Brexit too).

Imagine it's gone down well in Scotland and Wales (or perhaps they've ignored it?.....I very much doubt!).

Never one to miss out on an opportunity to put his ugly mug in people's minds is he. Perhaps its a good job we didn't win or he would have been on the open top bus with them.

17 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Never one to miss out on an opportunity to put his ugly mug in people's minds is he. Perhaps its a good job we didn't win or he would have been on the open top bus with them.

He's probably already made a model of it out of a crate.

Good to see that some Tories are willing to call out hypocrisy.

Gary Neville's Sky interview today got right to the heart of the matter too. Respect growing for him.

• Like 2

Your Republican / Trumpian style politics hard at work - create divisions, complain about popular remedies, call in the police. Rise and repeat ad nausium.... but they may have found a group who will given them an inch this time. 

Patel.jpg.5bc3816cc0d358f12361478e10e1b66d.jpg

Johnson.jpg

Edited by Surfer

Whilst we've all become accustomed over the last ten+ years to incredibly shoddy governance and leadership of the UK - Cameron, May and now Johnson, all incompetent and each lacking any sort of leadership skills and each worse than their predecessor - some of you may have formed the impression that I've never been much of a fan of the lazy, incompetent, lying scumbag that is currently pretending to be our Prime Minister and you'd be right 😃

Still even allowing for all that I think we have now reached a new nadir, in fact I'd go so far a to say I think today we've seen the greatest abdication of leadership from a British PM definitely in my lifetime, almost certainly since WW2 and probably ever.

Thats it really, I could go on but I think I've covered the main and most obvious points.....😃

• Like 2

More and more footballers beginning to call out the government, with Patel in particular refusing to answer the critics.

Ministers are unbelievably digging huge holes for the Government by defending themselves with complete nonsense responses.