A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

11 hours ago, Bill said:

Follows the pattern in the recent Chesham by election, where the Tories saw a 19% drop in their vote to lose a safe seat. This time it was a huge straight swing from Tories to Lib Dem with Labour staying on their previous third of votes.

Noises coming out of the by election were that voters were not happy with Johnson taking the party further right, or him as a person.

In Gayton there is no indication of how much of the voting was due to local concerns, and how much was national concerns - but it is following a pattern....that of fark off, fat boy.

Yep, good result and yet another reminder to Labour (which sadly they still appear to need badly) that the only way to beat the Tories is to present a much more unified opposition and stop the ludicrous pretence/strategy(??) of fighting every seat when it is blindingly obvious that there are a large number of seats (at both local and national level) where the Lib Dems, SNP, Green and Plaid are far more likely to beat the Tories than Labour are and it is madness to split anti-Tory vote.

1 hour ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Yep, good result and yet another reminder to Labour (which sadly they still appear to need badly) that the only way to beat the Tories is to present a much more unified opposition and stop the ludicrous pretence/strategy(??) of fighting every seat when it is blindingly obvious that there are a large number of seats (at both local and national level) where the Lib Dems, SNP, Green and Plaid are far more likely to beat the Tories than Labour are and it is madness to split anti-Tory vote.

They did at the recent Amersham by election where the comment was that they were hardly seen canvassing, and appeared to put minimal effort in. It avoids any formal pact. but is left to local party officials........to carry out the unofficial head office view

Otherwise

"Boris Johnson is at risk of losing several seats in Conservative “blue wall” heartlands, a new poll suggests. YouGov conducted research in 53 constituencies in the south and east of England currently held by the party, which voted Remain in the 2016 EU referendum and have a higher-than-average concentration of university degree holders."

Which suggests recent elections are not a mid term 'blip', but a gradual move away, in response to Johnson dragging his party in what appears a worrying right wing lurch - as with his recent crime guff.

16 hours ago, Bill said:

Follows the pattern in the recent Chesham by election, where the Tories saw a 19% drop in their vote to lose a safe seat. This time it was a huge straight swing from Tories to Lib Dem with Labour staying on their previous third of votes.

Noises coming out of the by election were that voters were not happy with Johnson taking the party further right, or him as a person.

In Gayton there is no indication of how much of the voting was due to local concerns, and how much was national concerns - but it is following a pattern....that of fark off, fat boy.

What a state politics is in in this country

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jul/31/keir-starmers-aide-warns-labour-has-lost-touch-with-target-voters

17 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Yep, apparently the aide in question is SKS's new Director of Strategy and I always have a good chuckle when I see Labour Party and strategy in the same sentence  😂

It must be at least twelve years now since Labour had anything resembling a strategy, in fact I don't think they really understand what having a strategy involves anymore. SKS is surely smart enough to pull some kind of short term plan together but he doesn't seem to have a strategic bone in his body.

She probably got paid a lot of money to tell Starmer the bleeding obvious.

19 minutes ago, Herman said:

She probably got paid a lot of money to tell Starmer the bleeding obvious.

Ah ha, consultants have been getting away with that for years and making a fortune in the process.

9 hours ago, Van wink said:

Ah ha, consultants have been getting away with that for years and making a fortune in the process.

The consultants motto (as Latin in 'en vogue')

Veni, vidi, mercedem postulavit

Which (kind of) translated as 'I came, I saw, I invoiced'.

Or, the favourite quote my ex-boss used to like use "A Consultant is some one who borrows your watch, tells you the time and charges you for it". 😀

3 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

The consultants motto (as Latin in 'en vogue')

Veni, vidi, mercedem postulavit

Which (kind of) translated as 'I came, I saw, I invoiced'.

Or, the favourite quote my ex-boss used to like use "A Consultant is some one who borrows your watch, tells you the time and charges you for it". 😀

Exactly, but good money if you can get it 😉

Part 2.

Sunday Express 1 August

...and haven't they heard of feckin satnavs?

Edited by Herman

Not since Robert Walpole has there been a British PM who is also a NCFC supporter, Liz could be the second.

I expect PMQ's will be conducted by Rob Butler "Could the Prime Minister explain to the country what they do in traynun?".

23 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Not since Robert Walpole has there been a British PM who is also a NCFC supporter, Liz could be the second.

I expect PMQ's will be conducted by Rob Butler "Could the Prime Minister explain to the country what they do in traynun?".

Its the Andrew Lloyd Webber effect🥱

Out of the many Tory sleaze stories to choose from I decided this nicely captures the pervasiveness of corruption endemic in the administration. Even Armando Iannucci would have struggled to come up with this:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/government-passed-over-171-candidates-to-pick-bullingdon-club-chum-of-boris-johnson-for-sleaze-watchdog-role/ar-AAMQDIl?ocid=msedgntp

Government passed over 171 candidates to pick Bullingdon Club ‘chum’ of Boris Johnson for sleaze watchdog role

Another day and another u-turn from the bloated buffoon

this time it is his idea of "a new category to let travellers know which amber-list countries are at risk of turning red" which is dropped

meanwhile

"Police Scotland changed an “Operation Bunter” codename for Boris Johnson’s next trip to Scotland in case the prime minister found it offensive, according to a report.

Mr Johnson is thought to be preparing his next visit north of the border in coming days – but the security name for the trip is said to have been switched because it was deemed too close to the overweight, fictional schoolboy Billy Bunter."

Even the police regard this lazy lardars as a joke

The sleaze is being brought to the fore

"A major Conservative donor received $4m from a company he knew to be secretly owned by a powerful Russian who was at the time a senior member of Vladimir Putin’s regime, according to three people with direct knowledge of his business dealings. Although Mohamed Amersi has said that “not a penny that I earned in Russia . . . has even remotely come close to being invested in the UK political system”, these new claims raise questions about the origins of the fortune that has propelled him to a position of influence at Westminster. "

https://www.ft.com/content/4b922f07-9919-4648-915e-06501122190

plus

The UK’s Conservative party on Monday hit back at accusations it has offered privileged access to senior ministers in return for large donations. The Financial Times revealed last week the existence of the Tory party’s “Advisory Board”, a secretive club for major donors that holds regular meetings with Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak, the chancellor. The group does not feature in any party records or official paperwork"

https://www.ft.com/content/7e91d43f-fd5d-4aae-808e-2edd0a24ac93

a cesspit of corruption and backhanders, that has along the way funded numerous perks for the bloated buffoon in Downing St

A bad day for @SwindonCanary RTB Boris Priti Farage and the other protestors. As expected the result of the governments refusal to back the footballers is another season of EPL players taking the knee. At least we will get to know who Swindon and RTB are on the 14/8 as they boo our players as loudly as they can. 

Premier League: Players from all 20 clubs will continue to take the knee

Last updated on 18 minutes ago18 minutes ago.From the section Football

Breaking news

Players from all 20 Premier League clubs will continue to take the knee before matches this season to highlight their opposition to racism.

The Premier League say they "support wholeheartedly" the decision that has been made. 

A 'No Room For Racism' sleeve badge will also be worn by players and match officials on their shirts.

The opening game of the new season sees newly promoted Brentford take on Arsenal on Friday, 13 August.

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to see where that useless sack of jsim decides to visit while up in Scotland for the next couple of days. Probably no ports or farms for a start. 🤣

Apples

18 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

It'll be interesting to see where that useless sack of jsim decides to visit while up in Scotland for the next couple of days. Probably no ports or farms for a start. 🤣

Apples

Perhaps Fraserburgh?

Certainly, it inspired our previous Health Secretary a few years ago😅

IMG_20210804_111829.jpg

• Haha 1

Hancock - He's moody and unconventional, with a keen eye for the ladies, just give him 24 hours and he'll throw the book out of the window, solve the case and issue you with a lucrative PPE contract. 

Soon to appear on ITV Player. 🤣

Apples 

• Haha 3

Looks like a publicity shot for some 70's TV Cop series

Van De Cokk

2 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

Apples

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

Perhaps Fraserburgh?

Certainly, it inspired our previous Health Secretary a few years ago😅

IMG_20210804_111829.jpg

And now we all know which "precious union" Hancock was contemplating

hancocktwat.jpg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

And now we all know which "precious union" Hancock was contemplating

hancocktwat.jpg

Just a different harbour Horsefly☺️

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

Apples

Much will depend upon where all the walk-in fridges are located.

13 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Still no cure for "Boris Derangement Syndrome" I see.

🤣

Don't think there is any chance one will ever be discovered, and especially not in Scotland 😂

10 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Don't think there is any chance one will ever be discovered, and especially not in Scotland 😂

I can think of one but its not legal.

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I can think of one but its not legal.

Any grassy knoll's down your way.