A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Stupid, stupid outdated pathetic system of Parliament. Tell Boris to come to the house and deny all of Dawn's accusations.

But of course he doesn't want to.

Indeed, allowed to lie, but can’t be challenged, good job those rules don’t apply to the British Courts.

Maybe opposition parties have hit on something here, keep calling him out, get loads banned each day, his lies get called out each day.

It seems more likely by the day the NHS will be declaring war on the present Government, Johnson in particular. The likes of Swindon refused to back the footballers, I wonder if they will be prepared to put their head above the parapet to attack The NHS to support their leader.

NHS workers ect I am sure will be parading around the likes of FCR soon, I wonder if fans will be encouraged to boo them due to them making it political.

27 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Stupid, stupid outdated pathetic system of Parliament. Tell Boris to come to the house and deny all of Dawn's accusations.

Farcical and embarassing - there isn't a single part of our electoral and Parliamentary system which is remotely fit for purpose in a modern democracy.......and it shows

59 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

There is an American comic novel with the usefully appropriate for now title of A Confederacy of Dunces...

A great book, read it way back

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

It seems more likely by the day the NHS will be declaring war on the present Government, Johnson in particular. The likes of Swindon refused to back the footballers, I wonder if they will be prepared to put their head above the parapet to attack The NHS to support their leader.

NHS workers ect I am sure will be parading around the likes of FCR soon, I wonder if fans will be encouraged to boo them due to them making it political.

11 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Natalie Elphicke is the odious woman who told Marcus Rashford to concentrate on taking penalties instead of trying to stop kids going hungry.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57914664

Five Conservative MPs breached the code of conduct over an attempt to influence legal proceedings, a standards committee has found.

Theresa Villiers, Natalie Elphicke, Sir Roger Gale, Adam Holloway and Bob Stewart wrote letters regarding ex-MP Charlie Elphicke, who was convicted of sex offences.

This is what happens when the leader of the party is a feckless idiot.

Even some of her own constituents don't like her very much 

Dover forum

pitchfork making workshops ( for healthy distancing) and ax throwing exercises are becoming more popular than ever, whilst our police forces have declared no confidence in the home secretary. Anybody got a spare chariot?

How much longer will the public bend over and ask for 'some more please?

Wishing you all a great weekend, I suspect the expected deluge/flood will fill my water butts back up.

Indeed

Swindon is always telling us about the polls, and I guess we won’t be hearing this argument for a while so I thought I would give him a hand. 
As I said going to war with the footballers, the NHS and then trying to discredit Marcus Rashford was suicide. What will he request next the nurses ect to be booed as they walk around the Football grounds of the United Kingdom.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/johnsons-vaccine-bounce-fades-as-tories-slide-in-the-polls-282822/

26 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Indeed

Swindon is always telling us about the polls, and I guess we won’t be hearing this argument for a while so I thought I would give him a hand. 
As I said going to war with the footballers, the NHS and then trying to discredit Marcus Rashford was suicide. What will he request next the nurses ect to be booed as they walk around the Football grounds of the United Kingdom.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/johnsons-vaccine-bounce-fades-as-tories-slide-in-the-polls-282822/

Yep! Johnson and the Tories have been living off a Covid poll booster that is beginning to wear off rather rapidly now. It's standard historical fact that a government dealing with a major existential crisis gains a huge amount of support because of the electorate's desire to unite in common purpose. For the same reason it is virtually impossible for an opposition party to make any sort of gains while the crisis persists. However, as that crisis significantly lessens the electorate once again returns to a more critical attitude towards the government's conduct. And boy! there's going to be a veritable sh*it storm of criticism heading Johnson's way. His premiership has been characterised by lying, corruption, and incompetence on a scale never before seen in the postwar history of the UK. 48% of those polled (in the poll posted earlier) described Johnson as a "poor" or "terrible" PM. Those are remarkably dreadful figures, and that's before the full extent of Johnson's lying, corruption, and incompetence has been laid bare in the next couple of years, as indeed will be the effects of the government's calamitous brexit deal, and shambolic response to the covid crisis. I will be truly astonished if he is still PM in two-years time as all this evidence is going to seriously damage the Tory Party's credibility. The problem they will have, of course, is that Johnson's utterly narcissistic pusuit of power was achieved by purging the party of its moderate members (both in the constituencies and in parliament) and there is virtually no one left who has the slightest claim to moral credibility or political integrity. Yet another way in which the modern Tory Party has aped the development of the modern Republican Party in the USA. It is no coincidence that some of the most vocal critics of Johnson on this site have described themselves as former "natural" Tory Party voters.  Once Johnson has been defenestrated what is left to provide direction for the Tory Party? Just a dumb, repugnant gammonocracy led by the likes of Bridgen, Rees-Mogg, and Francios et al. Labour, the Libs, and the Greens need to take hope that they have a genuine opportunity to rid the country of this pestilence (and no, I don't mean Covid) at the next General Election.

On 24/07/2021 at 17:06, horsefly said:

and that's before the full extent of Johnson's lying, corruption, and incompetence has been laid bare in the next couple of years

"A former Tory councillor was given a £120m government contract for Covid equipment which is now largely lying unused because of concerns about its quality, it has been revealed.

Steve Dechan, who owns medical device manufacturer Platform-14 had his offer to supply protective equipment from China fast-tracked through the government's controversial "VIP" lane. The Sunday Times newspaper reports that fewer than 1 in 400 of the face shields procured by the company for the government has been used because the regulator does not believe they meet the right standards.

The original order for 120 million shields has delivered just 274,200 into the NHS supply chain, representing 0.23 per cent of the overall stock. It means the shields used have so far cost the equivalent of £423 each despite similar ones being available to buy online for less than £1."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-councillor-vip-ppe-face-shields-b1890116.html

"An eye-watering 2.1 billion items have already been found unsuitable for use in medical settings and 10,000 shipping containers are still to be unpacked. The same committee also warned of “significant financial risks for decades to come”, with the estimated lifetime cost of all the government’s Covid measures reaching £372bn in May 2021."

"The Sunday Times reported in November that the same man, then a former Tory councillor, was awarded a further £156m to provide gowns and masks and bought a £1.5m Cotswold mansion with the proceeds."

Further evidence of Tory corruption

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56319927

And with Cameron and others up to their neck in corruption allegations involving Lex Greensill. Hancock's family receiving untendered PPE contracts, Francis Maude using his government role to better his private 'consultancies' and Robert Jenrick MP caught trying helping a developer avoid tax, the stench is now rivalling that of the Great Stink of London (1848)

I suspect that Johnson, having seen his government slide into the levels of 'grift' that Trump brought to the US government, is powerless and too incompetent to take the necessary action. After all, it might well all end up at Downing Street. Better to let sleeping dogs lie, if they can, must be his thought.

• Like 2

On 24/07/2021 at 09:06, horsefly said:

The problem they will have, of course, is that Johnson's utterly narcissistic pusuit of power was achieved by purging the party of its moderate members (both in the constituencies and in parliament) and there is virtually no one left who has the slightest claim to moral credibility or political integrity. Yet another way in which the modern Tory Party has aped the development of the modern Republican Party in the USA. It is no coincidence that some of the most vocal critics of Johnson on this site have described themselves as former "natural" Tory Party voters.  Once Johnson has been defenestrated what is left to provide direction for the Tory Party? Just a dumb, repugnant gammonocracy led by the likes of Bridgen, Rees-Mogg, and Francios et al. 

Yes we are in a fight for the very existent of democracy on both sides of the Atlantic. UK is tracking the US experience ever more closely, originally I thought UK was a couple of years behind, but now the behavior is almost in sync... however I will keep posting on events in US as we can expect the same to occur in UK.

We have been duly warned, it's up to all of us to put maximum pressure to root out these authoritarian extremists, the most obvious way being at the polls of course, put massive public protest will also help.

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 2

It's worth watching this news item - as the thick righties have congealed around another crackpot belief after the brexit nonsense fell apart

This one has that Covid is a world wide plot by the 'elite' to de-populate the world. One woman thinks that the vaccines could contain tiny microchips to control us.

The nutters assembled yesterday included every variant of dangerous bigot, from those who hold that the US election was stolen from Trump, to apologists for Lennon-Yaxley.

As righties they don't see, or want to see, the contradiction with bleating about freedom and freedom of speech and constant physical attacks on the BBC, reporting their protests. And without any sense of the stupidity and danger their nonsense poses, we had

"A speech at a protest rally that likened NHS nurses and doctors to Nazis executed after World War Two has been condemned by nursing leaders."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57962675

29 minutes ago, Bill said:

The Tantrum of the Opera ?

I reckon he'll rework Jesus Christ Super Spreader

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Was he responsible for The Miserables??

He did write a more upbeat telling of the story - that is yet to be performed

Less Miserable

Next production, The Many Faces of Fu Manchu? 🤔

Poor guy, still, its his audiences I feel really sorry for. 🤣

Apples

😀👍 for Kirku. (Oh this bloody forum.)

Not saying it's because the opposition are playing a blinder, they're not, but another couple of dreadful polls show the Tories are losing their lead quite badly.

2 hours ago, Herman said:

"Police chiefs have condemned Boris Johnson’s high-profile strategy to tackle crime as “weird and gimmicky”, while plans to increase stop-and-search were criticised for ignoring the evidence.

The crime initiative was supposed to show the Johnson government gripping the agenda. But senior police officers, the rank and file, opposition politicians and even some in business rebuked it."

Another about turn for our bloated buffoon, it would appear, as with this

"Boris Johnson could rethink plans for a national insurance rise to fund an overhaul of social care, after a significant backlash from cabinet ministers and Conservative MPs."

Boris Johnson holds head in hands after Tory backlash over 'suicide bomber'  jibe - while wife prepares to file divorce papers 'in days' - Mirror Online