A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

It's all kicking off now.

Last night when it was suggested that Gove would be getting the health job people were saying that it would be 'out of the frying pan into the fire' and hashtagging Sarah Vine.

Sarah Vine (aka Mrs Gove) writing 'cryptic' article in the Sunday Mail about beware the woman who knows your faults.

Cummings (it could only be him) briefing that Carrie appointed Javid and the reason Cummings had Johnson sack Javid when he was Chancellor was that he had become Team Princess Nut Nuts.

The house of cards is about to crumble. 😀

Dianne Abbott has put out a cryptic tweet too. I'm sure she's simply having fun at the tories expense.😀

Also,

On the 21st of June the MOD briefs on the effect of HMS Defender sailing close to Russian waters.

Later that week HMS Defender sails close to Russian waters to provoke the response and waddayouknow there are two Journalists on board and a film crew to record it all. 😀

Obviously someone wasn't impressed and left their MOD (Top Secret, for UK eyes only) documents in a bus shelter!

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Dianne Abbott has put out a cryptic tweet too. I'm sure she's simply having fun at the tories expense.😀

Tremendous wifi on the Central Line these days, she was probably on her third can of Mojitos. 😀

• Haha 1

Brandon Lewis on Sky News just now:

"We're very fortunate in our party to have such a tremendous depth of talent"

Private Eye is finished!

Edited by horsefly

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

He stole that quote from Paul Lambert.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, horsefly said:

Private Eye is finished!

Then he went on Marr and claimed that Hancock was right to resign over his breach of the lockdown rules but Johnson was also right that an apology was sufficient punishment.

The lickspittle is an utter imbecile.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Well b back said:

Boris moves closer to the day of reckoning

Definitely, but unfortunately nowhere near close enough for those of us impatient to see the back of this deceitful and utterly incompetent t*ss*r.

2 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Definitely, but unfortunately nowhere near close enough for those of us impatient to see the back of this deceitful and utterly incompetent t*ss*r.

I'm expecting Javid to invite his former advisor Carrie to "help" him out at the Health department. And we all now know exactly what an advisor's role involves in that particular building. Pistols at dawn on Hampstead Heath could see Boris depart more than Number 10.

• Haha 1

On 25/06/2021 at 17:59, horsefly said:

Haha!!! But on a serious note this event demonstrates exactly why it is so damaging having someone as PM with the record for lies, corruption, and cheating that Johnson has. How an earth can he suitably discipline Hancock for behaviour that he himself has committed on numerous occasions? The man spent numerous "working afternoons" testing the sofa in Jennifer Arcuri's flat having chucked tens of thousands of taxpayer's money at her for the privilege. This is the sleaziest government in living memory.

Although we are pretty much on opposite sides politically Horsefly, I have no time for this present government whatsoever. Totally agree with your verdict! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Time to remind ourselves that Hancock is still an MP on a salary of £88k plus very generous expenses, he's made money out of awarding PPE contracts to his family and friends.

I hope his wife's lawyers take him to the cleaners when the divorce takes place.

9 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Although we are pretty much on opposite sides politically Horsefly, I have no time for this present government whatsoever. Totally agree with your verdict! 

Thanks Y120! It is perfectly normal for people to have very different views about which political policies will create a society and culture that will benefit the country. Indeed such differences of view are the lifeblood of a healthy democracy. However, underlying those differences there is a a deeper and very necessary agreement about the fundamental principles required for a truly democratic system to flourish. Chief among those principles is that a government acts with integrity and honesty in pursuing policies that it genuinely believes are in the best interests of the country. It is the fact that those fundamental principles have been so dreadfully undermined by the current regime that I find so worrying and depressing. A government so mired in sleaze as the current one not only brings shame upon itself, but far more damagingly undermines the voters' faith in the very system of democracy itself.

Johnson knew exactly what he was doing when he removed the whip from, and purged the Tory Party of, all those traditional Tories for whom integrity was far more important than blind adherence to the cult of Boris. The upshot is we are left with a bunch of politicians running the country who behave like spivs. Is there anyone in the country (apart from the blind adherents) who genuinely believes that the cabinet is populated by politicians who have any greater priority than their own personal benefit and self-advancement? I very much doubt it. Sadly, Johnson's flippant and very flagrant disregard of the issue of integrity has ingrained the general attitude, "Well they're all at it aren't they!" (Note the exclamation mark and not a question mark). What ought to be a rarity has become a commonplace under Johnson and the result is a pervasive and degenerate cynicism. Countless people warned that Johnson was not fit to govern (including very many right-wing commentators who knew him well, such as Peter Oborne and Max Hastings) and his latest attempt to protect Hancock with cavalier disregard for the intollerable hypocracy of his breach of the rules, is yet more evidence of Johnson's total inability to grasp the responsibilities demanded of his office. Churchill is supposed to be one of Johnson's great heroes, yet is hard to think of a subsequent prime minister who displays the very opposite of Churchill's famed war-time resolve to face down the morally repugnant. 

I don't think you are at all alone among "natural" conservatives who find Johnson a threat to tradition conservative values. The recent election in Chesham and Amersham indicates precisely that. Indeed, it is  quite uncanny the degree to which Johnson's reconstruction of the Tory Party resembles Trump's reconstruction of the Republican Party. My prediction is that Johnson will leave the country and the Tory Party in a very similar state that Trump left the USA and the GOP. The former riven by division and the latter bereft of value.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

Fair play to you for your comments YR120. That is magnanimous of you.  I have never voted Tory though worked constructively alongside many ....but even I would (at this minute) welcome a Conservative administration with people in it who are more serious and who act with integrity. I have welcomed those Tory voices who have called out dishonesty like Gale, Grieve, goodness even the weird one that was Theresa May.  Strange world eh.

Its funny that over the decades, there has been an expectation that Government ministers, MPs etc would have salacious affairs.

As long as they were heterosexual affairs it was seen as part of the old boy network behaviour.

Homosexual ones were covered up as the public thought that was too indecent.

14 hours ago, Herman said:

Well he clearly did get lucky and managed to get a weekend's breathing space but let's hope that now the frenzy over Hancock is starting to die down that the media (well the bits not under Tory control anyway) will turn their fire onto Gove and this latest act of proven corruption.

Yet another demonstration that the only real opposition to this horrendously corrupt and incompetent government is not SKS & the Labour party but the Good Law Project - all credit to them and let's hope they can keep it up.

There is certainly plenty of ammunition for those who have the nous to use it, and they definitely have that.

• Like 1

The man simply can't stop himself from lying. How can anyone with even the slightest degree of moral awareness continue to support this shameless fraud:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/pm-suggests-he-took-decisive-action-on-hancock-despite-initially-saying-matter-was-closed/ar-AALxnmu?ocid=msedgntp

PM suggests he took decisive action on Hancock - despite initially saying matter was 'closed'

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

The man simply can't stop himself from lying. How can anyone with even the slightest degree of moral awareness continue to support this shameless fraud:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/pm-suggests-he-took-decisive-action-on-hancock-despite-initially-saying-matter-was-closed/ar-AALxnmu?ocid=msedgntp

PM suggests he took decisive action on Hancock - despite initially saying matter was 'closed'

IMG_20210628_164002.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Well b back said:

Good job for Boris we are not South Africa lol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-57650517

Yep, very lucky for Johnson that we're not South Africa or indeed virtually any other western democracy (apart from the US perhaps).

But as far as the UK 2021 is concerned I think the most appropriate comparison with an African country would be Zimbabwe.

No better example of the government's lies about the "levelling up" agenda:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/funding-for-deprived-schools-in-england-has-shifted-to-wealthy-areas-study-finds/ar-AALGGBj?ocid=msedgntp

Government promises to level-up funding in education have resulted in money being shifted away from schools in the most disadvantaged areas and invested in pupils in more prosperous areas of England, according to the official parliamentary spending watchdog.

A report by the National Audit Office (NAO) found average per-pupil funding in the most deprived fifth of schools fell in real terms by 1.2% between 2017-18 and 2020-21, while it increased by 2.9% in the least deprived fifth.

I wonder how long before Matt Hancock jumps ship to REFUK...sounds like his kind of party. 🤭🤣

Apples

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Interesting re the doctors, but I still reckon that the 1% was never going to happen and 4 % will be offered so the PM can use this to proclaim ‘ how amazing he is ‘. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57690068

This has been a Boris propaganda stunt from the start. He will tell the world that he personally stepped in to recognise the wonderful the NHS is doing and will suitably reward it.

And then we will see that irritable thumbs up that he keeps posing for.

Just as he has already told his ministers to go out and say Batley was the Hancock effect, hoping that everyone forgets he backed Hancock at the start.

• Like 1