A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

10 minutes ago, Jools said:

Really! 😀

In 2019, Peston falsely claimed a Labour activist punched a Conservative adviser - Peston had multiple sources then 🤪  And how about the false stories and multiple sources in 2009 that led to the collapse of Northern Rock...

Peston, is more a Lefty activist than a journo.

Does that make this story wrong then?

22 minutes ago, Well b back said:

That is explosive, remembering Johnson rang the press later to blame Cummings, despite him categorically knowing it was not Cummings as they had seen Peston’s texts. 
What a liar.

Yes - Peston seems to have it (and Johnson) nailed.

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

And how many of your RWNJs' party that you donate to will get a seat? What's it called now UKIP, the Brexit Party, Nige's Pension Fund Party????

Plenty of time before the next GE, coco 👍

And calm down for Heaven's sake! You'll spill your soy milk 😉

Just now, Jools said:

I'll get your nursey to come round and clean it up after she's finished emptying your diaper. Now stop being so grumpy, the gruel round should be due any time now. Meanwhile, you can lick your own face, that taste of boiled gammon should sustain you for a while.

3 minutes ago, Jools said:

What about milkshake😂

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

What about milkshake😂

Haha! It's his age, but don't worry, he's in a safe space.

47 minutes ago, horsefly said:

How very sad! In a desperate attempt to sound intelligent you quote a piece of Shakespeare that is about the futility of all human life. You'll need to go back on line to nick something that might actually be passingly appropriate. 

Nothing wrong in quoting Shakespeare per se, but I prefer the lesser-known and less often quoted bits of the famous speeches, especially when they are prescient. Such as this:

This land of such dear souls, this dear dear land,
Dear for her reputation through the world,
Is now leased out, I die pronouncing it,
Like to a tenement or pelting farm:
England, bound in with the triumphant sea
Whose rocky shore beats back the envious siege
Of watery Neptune, is now bound in with shame,
With inky blots and rotten parchment bonds:
That England, that was wont to conquer others,
Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.

11 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Does that make this story wrong then?

Nobody who matters cares 🙃

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Indeed! no one better to quote when it's the case that the quote itself is pertinent to the issue, as this one so clearly is. 

All a bit "Yes, Minister" isn't it?

Authoritarian governments fall when the population, previously cowered, finally see their leaders as objects of derision. 

Yes Minister.jpg

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

I think Ricardo that you've spent far too long hiding behind that famous sofa of yours 😅

So easy to trigger👍😉

1 hour ago, Jools said:

Really! 😀

In 2019, Peston falsely claimed a Labour activist punched a Conservative adviser - Peston had multiple sources then 🤪  And how about the false stories and multiple sources in 2009 that led to the collapse of Northern Rock...

Peston, is more a Lefty activist than a journo.

More reliable than an old crack head.

• Haha 2

Poor old Jools. Looks like he's going to need to find yet another sleazy, corrupt scumbag to support. May I suggest Mark Francois?! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

Poor old Jools. Looks like he's going to need to find yet another sleazy, corrupt scumbag to support. May I suggest Mark Francois?! 

Because you've always backed winners haven't you, Herminge? 

Jo Swinson elected new Lib Dem leader | Liberal Democrats | The Guardian

🤣

39 minutes ago, Herman said:

Probably the only person with a face more purple than Jools. 

4 hours ago, ricardo said:

Got Brexit done.

Got people Vax'd quicker than EU

Saved football

Redecorated No10 at own expense 

😀😉

I suspect thats how many will see it, there will be a lot of overexcitement on here but for better or worse, for most people that supported BJ I suspect the fact that he tells porkies is already factored in and many others just wont care.

Edited by Van wink

Seems Michael ( coke-head) Gove has just misled parliament. He said he was "in the room with Johnson" and heard him say nothing of the sort. Robert Peston has just said on LBC that Gove was not in the room where those words were allegedly shouted.

50 minutes ago, Herman said:

😂 Well the current Tory party certainly offers an excellent range of sleazy scumbags to choose from but from Jools' perspective then Mark Francois must be favourite - almost a kindred soul to Jools and equally thick but always happy to trot out his tired and long debunked lies, seemingly under the illusion that anyone, even in his own party, takes him seriously 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Herman said:

She was useless but not a sleazy and corrupt moral vacuum. 

This is then real issue with Johnson.

There have always been sleezy characters indeed outright corruption in politics (no the UK is not and never has been whiter than white) but it always used to be the case that being 'found out' was a resigning matter. Johnson and his acolytes have just taken this to the next level completely destroying any credibility and integrity in the British political system. Our government no longer has respect.

Sadly some seem to like it as it currently suits them but if you lay down with dogs you'll likely catch fleas or something much worse.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I suspect thats how many will see it, there will be a lot of overexcitement on here but for better or worse, for most people that supported BJ I suspect the fact that he tells porkies is already factored in and many others just wont care.

I saw that list and had a good laugh because I thought that it was tongue firmly in cheek! Perhaps it wasn't!

Anyway, do you really believe BJ has "saved football" or maybe I should ask, do you think the great British electorate will be thinking that? Much of what I have read has been about the influence of football fans and the sheer media storm in response of footballers / former footballers.

It would be telling if the country really seriously believed in that list of 'achievements'. Perhaps you're right though ..... people putting up with anything. Like the Blackadder sketch and satire about putting any x in power....what was the constituency?....perhaps it was "Donny on the Wold"? My memory may have faded.

Edited by sonyc

50 minutes ago, Van wink said:

That's a pretty damning statement about his supporters. Sad really how you'd end up that way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Herman said:

That's a pretty damning statement about his supporters. Sad really how you'd end up that way.

Just posted the exact same thought (but not as concisely).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I saw that list and had a good laugh because I thought that it was tongue firmly in cheek! Perhaps it wasn't!

Anyway, do you really believe BJ has "saved football" or maybe I should ask, do you think the great British electorate will be thinking that? Much of what I have read has been about the influence of football fans and the sheer media storm in response of footballers / former footballers.

It would be telling if the country really seriously believed in that list of 'achievements'. Perhaps you're right though I'm people putting up with anything. Like the Blackadder sketch and satire about putting any x in power....what was the constituency?....perhaps it was "Donny on the Wold"? My memory may have faded.

Was it Dunny, as in the Australian slang word? I haven't seen it in years....

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Just posted the exact same thought (but not as concisely).

If true it just shows how far standards have fallen.

3 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Inky blots and rotten parchment bonds are obviously referring to the press. As usual Will was the first to spot Fake News. And note the complimentary references to Brexit just before that quote.