Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

watford vs Middlesbrough- official match thread

I'm not often too interested in these kinds of matches, but given that

A- Watford should be a promotion rival

B- Will be interesting seeing how they both do, and opening day

I'm quite looking forward to this one. Live on Sky Sports too, the main event.

What are your score predictons?

watford vs.png

Would someone please wake me up if anything happens. Watford v M'boro is in the Oxford English Dictionary as a definition of 'boring'. I hope they both lose 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Watford fans not happy with the line up - quite a few noticeable absentees too that have not even been mentioned by the club regarding their exclusions etc - Sarr, Deeney, Hughes etc. Not the worst news for us though. Makes me wonder if we may get a surprise ourselves tomorrow though. Was fancying Watford to win, but will now go 1-2 Middlesbrough. 

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Would someone please wake me up if anything happens. Watford v M'boro is in the Oxford English Dictionary as a definition of 'boring'. I hope they both lose 

Uh oh you've upset Elton

PEOPLE_elton_925_09-25-2004_KI2L8HF.jpg

33 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Expecting a big Watford win. I think this Watford side are very, very good for this level. 

Their striker (Joao Pedro, is it?) is very well thought of. And I think Boro aren't that good. 

Interesting that both sides are playing three at the back. Is that going to the fashion this year?

33 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Watford fans not happy with the line up - quite a few noticeable absentees too that have not even been mentioned by the club regarding their exclusions etc - Sarr, Deeney, Hughes etc. Not the worst news for us though. Makes me wonder if we may get a surprise ourselves tomorrow though. Was fancying Watford to win, but will now go 1-2 Middlesbrough. 

Watford still have an awful lot of quality in that team/squad. I'll go 2-0 Watford.

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

A watford team containing Deeney, Delofeu,Pereyra,Sarr,Murray ,Gray worries me greatly in this league.....this team contains none of them for one reason or another???

I would assume they are seeing how the team will do without them given the players you have mentioned will mostly likely be begging to leave the club

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Good header, poor defending. Brought back memories of our defending for me.

Missing some lad called Gibson 😉

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

That was a bit **** wasn't it? 

Watford looked a mile off based on this. Looked very drab. 

Let's hope for the right results tomorrow 👍

Edited by TheGoogler

I'll be quite happy if that's Watford's squad this season and if that's all they've got?

As for Middlesbro....ordinary. Warnock will probably walk away and retire 'again' before the season's done.

I'd imagine there's more Middlesbro's in this league than there are Watford's ...and they were nothing

No excuses for us this season

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'll be quite happy if that's Watford's squad this season and if that's all they've got?

As for Middlesbro....ordinary. Warnock will probably walk away and retire 'again' before the season's done.

I'd imagine there's more Middlesbro's in this league than there are Watford's ...and they were nothing

No excuses for us this season

Warnock? Retire? Im pretty sure he's gonna have to be dragged away from managing while on his deathbed at 106, same as Roy

For a team that has a squad with very good PL experience, I think that’s a very poor result for them. I think ‘Boro were actually the better side - 11 attempts, 4 on target, to Watford’s 10, 2 on target.

12 hours ago, All the Germans said:

Watford were lucky to win that. Should have been a (boring) draw, if Middlesbrough could finish.

Yes, a draw would have been a fairer result.

Didn't see much to fear from either team but it is of course very, very early days!

OTBC

Allegedly Watford have 11 players out injured. It seems a very large number and also very coincidental that it’s all their remaining best players, who would be attracting interest from other clubs. A club in turmoil I’d say.

38 minutes ago, Clint said:

Allegedly Watford have 11 players out injured. It seems a very large number and also very coincidental that it’s all their remaining best players, who would be attracting interest from other clubs. A club in turmoil I’d say.

Mick M suggested in the commentary that they would have been playing if he was the manager. I don't mind listening to him tell it like it is now he has moved on from down the road. 

It was an awful game. 

Didn’t know they were suffering from 11 injuries. Could turn out to be a massive blow for them, although I don’t know whether they’re short or long term injuries. Bournemouth have already lost a lot of talent, but in my opinion Watford have the best PL talent out of the 3 of us and with the transfer window not closing until October, I think they’re at high risk of losing more. I won’t be surprised if we lose more talent before the deadline but as we have the least PL experience and no need to sell, I can’t see us losing all our talent

48 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Mick M suggested in the commentary that they would have been playing if he was the manager. I don't mind listening to him tell it like it is now he has moved on from down the road. 

It was an awful game. 

I agree. A dinosaur as a manager, a style of play I would never want at our club, but - and I am not really sure why - I quite like him as a pundit.