Sign in to follow this  
Hank shoots Skyler

Delia and Michael, certainly good fans of ours

9 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

So you don't know but feel qualified to pronounce others stupidity... ok...

I don't know what their intentions are. It does not take a high level of qualification to realise that the suggestion that someone give away a large portion of their wealth because you want them to, is a stupid comment (note, I never said anyone was stupid, just that the suggestion was stupid)

3 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

But what does he actually do, what does he get paid to do on a daily basis?

I don't know, do you? As long as it's not illegal or unethical I don't care what his day job is.

But you have to agree 4 years as a member of the board of Norwich City FC definitely makes him qualified.

16 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Don’t deny they are fans who care about the club but which of us wouldn’t fancy a jolly to watch the pre season games in the same situation and who wouldn’t prefer an owner who cares with financial clout to an owner who cares a lot with no financial clout?

would be interesting to know if they pay for stuff like this. 

Congratulations, Jim. In a very crowded field, over a couple of decades, you have managed to produce the most pathetic anti-Smith and Jones post ever, and that really is saying something.

Do you really think it is in the slightest bit important if they cadge a free ride on a club trip that is going somewhere? And if you do, then instead of sitting at a computer and raising this earth-shattering question why don’t you do the obvious thing and find out the answer first by asking the club?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Hahaha what? Irresponsible on what basis? They've not broken any rules. What on earth is this?!

Tilly is vying with Jim Smith for the coveted title of creator of the dumbest-ever anti S&J post...

15 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Tilly is vying with Jim Smith for the coveted title of creator of the dumbest-ever anti S&J post...

Sour Grapes soaked in begrudgery is what it is.

As for what Tom does on a day to day basis, I should imagine he is training for being blamed for everything once he takes over....

23 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

It’s not a positive though is it 

they should be setting an example , will they be watching Luton next week live when the rest of us can not

it is just another stupid act among hundreds during their ownership. They are the Dominic Cummings of the football world 

How long before you get bored of being an imposter and trot off back to your own clubs forum!     It really is tiresome reading your absolute garbage!

11 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

How long before you get bored of being an imposter and trot off back to your own clubs forum!     It really is tiresome reading your absolute garbage!

He has a season ticket at Carrow Road, an away membership and a membership for the Gunn Club yet supports another team ?..... Yeah whatever.

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Hahaha what? Irresponsible on what basis? They've not broken any rules. What on earth is this?!

So because it is Delia and MWJ we should just ignore the fact that there is a worldwide pandemic taking place and also  them being in the most vunerable group of people likely to catch coronavirus  and possibly die from it.

You must be one of those who think it is no worse than flu.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

He has a season ticket at Carrow Road, an away membership and a membership for the Gunn Club yet supports another team ?..... Yeah whatever.

None of which counterbalances his negative attitude towards almost everything the Club is.  Buying a season ticket, away membership and Gunn Club, wow ! what an achievement !  He can hand over money for goods and services. ....super fan in deed, but not in outlook. Sad , sad act. But we all know the saddest part of all is that his contrary attitude is just attention seeking. I suppose he feels being ridiculed is preferable to being ignored.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

So because it is Delia and MWJ we should just ignore the fact that there is a worldwide pandemic taking place and also  them being in the most vunerable group of people likely to catch coronavirus  and possibly die from it.

You must be one of those who think it is no worse than flu.

If they wish to take the risk, what business is it of anyones. All a bit too curtain twitchy for me. I see that Mrs Smith down the road hasnt scrubbed her doorstep for two weeks, I must tell mrs jones next door over the garden fence, she'll be as outraged as me, I do hope so anyway.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Seriously, that just doesn’t make sense!    Everything the guy puts on here is negative and mis-informed.    Very little to suggest a Yellow!   

2 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Seriously, that just doesn’t make sense!    Everything the guy puts on here is negative and mis-informed.    Very little to suggest a Yellow!   

Yep seriously.

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

If they wish to take the risk, what business is it of anyones. All a bit too curtain twitchy for me. I see that Mrs Smith down the road hasnt scrubbed her doorstep for two weeks, I must tell mrs jones next door over the garden fence, she'll be as outraged as me, I do hope so anyway.

What a ridiculous analogy.

39 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

I do every home game and virtually every away game

when you spend as much time and money as me following the canaries, you can criticise until then get back in your box 

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

What a ridiculous analogy.

About as ridiculous as spending thousands of pounds on something year after year and moaning about it ....every single year aaaaaand repeat ad nauseum.

I thought my analogy was a very apt one. It really is no ones business but their own. They no doubt folowed all the guidelines. No laws broken. What it says to me is that they are genuinely interested in the football itself. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors

Scroll to 'G' for Germany. They went to a country that they are allowed to, without even a need to quarantine. What exactly is the problem?

Total disregard for them being in the most vunerable group to catch the virus. Many posters on here have said they have no intention of returning to Carrow Road until it is completely safe to do so because of shielding or living with vunerable relatives.

Yes it is their choice but in my opinion it was a selfish choice without even taking into consideration Delia's mother has turned 100 who as we all know she is extremely close to.

Edited by TIL 1010

32 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I do every home game and virtually every away game

when you spend as much time and money as me following the canaries, you can criticise until then get back in your box 

The worst car journey's I've been on have been in Taxi's where the driver tells me he does thousands of miles every year.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Oh look, it's Waveney's PA! 😉

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, All the Germans said:

If you were - comparatively to 'normal people - very well off but a large portion of your wealth was tied up in an organisation, wouldn't you want to leave that to a family member, so that they could benefit from that?

In many respects 'Yes' of course that makes sense. But we are talking about a football club here and NOT a 'normal' business. The Smiths have said (repeatedly) that .......'they do not expect to see the money ever again' and 'we are merely custodians of the club for the fans who are the true owners' . If such comments were genuine then surely they would have carried out exhaustive investigations into who is the BEST person(s) to assume control once they finally die / retire / resign??? 

Since the Doomcaster days their decision making has been generally excellent. Even the old "hanging on to managers too long" trope is a double edged sword. There's a good chance Farke would never have come if it wasn't for the club having a reputation for giving inexperienced managers a fair crack of the whip.

Taking a step back and looking at the bigger picture, there is way more positive about the club than negative.

34 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

The worst car journey's I've been on have been in Taxi's where the driver tells me he does thousands of miles every year.

Sounds like he was giving you a statement of fact and I only do the same thing, it may be dull but it is true 

13 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

In many respects 'Yes' of course that makes sense. But we are talking about a football club here and NOT a 'normal' business. The Smiths have said (repeatedly) that .......'they do not expect to see the money ever again' and 'we are merely custodians of the club for the fans who are the true owners' . If such comments were genuine then surely they would have carried out exhaustive investigations into who is the BEST person(s) to assume control once they finally die / retire / resign??? 

Are you now suggesting that they are ungenuine? 

Or did you mean something else?

They may well have a different view to you about what is best.

You may have a different view if you'd invested the time love and money they have. Or if you'd learned the lessons they have.

So forgetting the soothsaying what are your views on what they actually have done in the last 22 years? 

49 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Total disregard for them being in the most vunerable group to catch the virus. Many posters on here have said they have no intention of returning to Carrow Road until it is completely safe to do so because of shielding or living with vunerable relatives.

Yes it is their choice but in my opinion it was a selfish choice without even taking into consideration Delia's mother has turned 100 who as we all know she is extremely close to.

How is it selfish? What's selfish about it?

They'll likely isolate away from Delias mum till they know they don't have anything so what is the problem still? You've moaned about it (who'd have thought it) but not actually given a reason?

3 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Congratulations, Jim. In a very crowded field, over a couple of decades, you have managed to produce the most pathetic anti-Smith and Jones post ever, and that really is saying something.

Do you really think it is in the slightest bit important if they cadge a free ride on a club trip that is going somewhere? And if you do, then instead of sitting at a computer and raising this earth-shattering question why don’t you do the obvious thing and find out the answer first by asking the club?

I would be genuinely interested to know purple. I think it’s a relevant question since they no longer put anything in and most of us are funding the club to a greater extent. The private jets to away games, the entourage, the meals, the bar tab, the exec box tickets for all the family. 20 years worth. Do they pay for this themselves or is the self funding club footing the bill?

48 minutes ago, hogesar said:

How is it selfish? What's selfish about it?

They'll likely isolate away from Delias mum till they know they don't have anything so what is the problem still? You've moaned about it (who'd have thought it) but not actually given a reason?

The reason was in your reply.

13 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I would be genuinely interested to know purple. I think it’s a relevant question since they no longer put anything in and most of us are funding the club to a greater extent. The private jets to away games, the entourage, the meals, the bar tab, the exec box tickets for all the family. 20 years worth. Do they pay for this themselves or is the self funding club footing the bill?

If you own the club you can do what you like,but I suspect that most of the time they pay their own expenses.

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Were they wearing a mask? that’s the deal breaker. 

I think they can afford a mask each, if local regulations dictate.

Well f*ck me backwards with a length of piping! 😱

A thread titled 'Delia and Michael, our 1st and 2nd biggest fans' has descended into one massive argument! 😥

I never saw that coming... 🤨

OTBC