Sign in to follow this  
Jools

New GB News Channel

2 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I thought I'd have a little look last night, tuned in a bit late for PM, instead got Vanessa Feltz. Dear god...

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.

• Haha 1

On 14/03/2022 at 09:10, Creative Midfielder said:

Was (a long time ago), yes definitely.

Is (now or indeed for the last decade), absolutely not - so far past his sell by date that he is totally fossilised.

His show was good last night, shame you missed it 😁

11 hours ago, Van wink said:

His show was good last night, shame you missed it 😁

Actually agree, he did a pretty good job skewering and exposing Rees-Mogg as a smug oblivious buffoon.

11 hours ago, horsefly said:

Actually agree, he did a pretty good job skewering and exposing Rees-Mogg as a smug oblivious buffoon.

He did do a good job, I have always found him to be adept and willing to skewer politicians of all political persuasion, (others obviously disagree) Mog is an easy target of course, 

How many TV and radio stations and newspapers do the gammon actually need? 

9 minutes ago, Herman said:

How many TV and radio stations and newspapers do the gammon actually need? 

Doesn't matter how many they have, they always make a pig's ear of things (see what I did there?).

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Sounds familiar.

Perhaps he has bought some more staged photos. Probably the Queen snorting coke off a corgi and thinks they are genuine.

Dan Wootton...The hard man libertarian, who tells it like it is...but you can't call me that, that's not fair, I've never been so offended, waaaaaaaah. 😭🤣

Apples

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

More Chris Bryant please.

Chris Bryant is the standout politician in recent times. Honesty, integrity, and straightforward in what he says. None of the usual bull-shi*tting endemic among so many other MPs.

I saw a post somewhere of them laughing about Mick Lynch and how his claims were unreasonable. I wonder what they earn off Murdoch for being a Bigot's Fox News.

I read some of that today and every one is piling into him. I would feel sorry for him if he didn't spend his time bullying others through his writing and tv work.😀

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

Has to said the GB News has gone from strength to strength. Mark Stein is exceptional.

I love the comedy vicar's show. It's like D!ck Emery but with more laughs.

Black conservative trainee vicar 'blocked' from joining Church of England  over 'anti-woke views'

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

Has to said the GB News has gone from strength to strength. Mark Stein is exceptional.

Must confess I didn't realise it was still going but clearly it has at least 1 dedicated viewer.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Herman said:

I love the comedy vicar's show. It's like D!ck Emery but with more laughs.

Black conservative trainee vicar 'blocked' from joining Church of England  over 'anti-woke views'

Oh you are awful...!

• Haha 1

JRM is getting his own show and the reason is

“I have been impressed by the channel’s independent-mindedness and its determination to talk to people with many different perspectives, which is exactly what I will do on my programme.”

20 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

JRM is getting his own show and the reason is

“I have been impressed by the channel’s independent-mindedness and its determination to talk to people with many different perspectives, which is exactly what I will do on my programme.”

Yeah! I think they missed out the most important word in that quote, "down". Here's the corrected version:

“I have been impressed by the channel’s independent-mindedness and its determination to talk down to people with many different perspectives, which is exactly what I will do on my programme.”

Edited by horsefly

On 25/11/2022 at 16:54, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

He's just been booted off.

• Haha 2

Is there just not a market for a nakedly partisan left wing news channel? Genuine question. 

I can't imagine anyone starting a news channel with shows presented by Lisa Nandy, Caroline Lucas and Richard Burgon along with contributions from Owen Jones, Polly Toynebee and Aaron Bastani but the reverse is seen as completely normal.

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

Is there just not a market for a nakedly partisan left wing news channel? Genuine question. 

I can't imagine anyone starting a news channel with shows presented by Lisa Nandy, Caroline Lucas and Richard Burgon along with contributions from Owen Jones, Polly Toynebee and Aaron Bastani but the reverse is seen as completely normal.

I thought that was supposed to be the BBC?😍

• Haha 2

Can someone explain how a Conservative MP interviewing another Conservative MP, on a national news channel, fits in with Ofcom rules on impartiality? 

3 hours ago, king canary said:

It comes down to raising the money to do it, but also, it starts moving into 'the ends justify the means' territory. What Fox News and GB News do is profoundly unethical in my opinion; other causes adopting the same tactics would be no less unethical.

Far better to reform the electoral system and dilute the effects of the influence such propaganda channels can wield, encouraging the reestablishment of a culture of more balanced consideration.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It comes down to raising the money to do it, but also, it starts moving into 'the ends justify the means' territory. What Fox News and GB News do is profoundly unethical in my opinion; other causes adopting the same tactics would be no less unethical.

Far better to reform the electoral system and dilute the effects of the influence such propaganda channels can wield, encouraging the reestablishment of a culture of more balanced consideration.

Anyone know GB News viewing figures? It is not a news programme it is an editorial programme. I have given it the odd look and find it ridiculous that they are all so happy with each other because there is no controversy and every guest agrees with the interviewer.

GB News - Brexit revolt looms over Sunak deal

Not news, I think we all know their position on this.

The interesting part for me is this:

"However, Johnson also faced backlash for his Brexit intervention as Penny Mordaunt, the Commons leader, claimed it was “not entirely unhelpful”."

Can't a journalist spot a double negative? A good standard of english should be mandatory for people who want to work in this profession 

• Like 1