Sign in to follow this  
Jools

New GB News Channel

11 hours ago, Van wink said:

No idea what they are doing on there and frankly don’t care, but will maintain that Andrew Neil was and is an excellent journo👍 

Was (a long time ago), yes definitely.

Is (now or indeed for the last decade), absolutely not - so far past his sell by date that he is totally fossilised.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Was (a long time ago), yes definitely.

Is (now or indeed for the last decade), absolutely not - so far past his sell by date that he is totally fossilised.

I’ll be up at West Runton this afternoon, will keep my eye out. 

• Like 1

This is Andrew Neil. Up to his neck in rubles like the rest of them.

• Like 1

I cant follow all that Herman, where is the bit about AN receiving Russian money? From the bits I have read it looks to be more about her allegations of misogyny and belligerent claims that the BBC don’t seem to be taking her seriously? 

I don’t have any desire to be supporting Neil if he has been taking Russian Money, I just can’t see it from what you posted. My view of him is based on what I have seen with political interviews etc, empty chairing BJ not that long ago for example , now working for Channel 4? If you can show me some evidence of him taking Russian money I am more than happy to change my view, I keep an open mind.

Just another incident in celebrity journalists continuing lust for platforms to let us know how stupid we are and their uber wit and intelligence is only for their own consumption.

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

I don’t have any desire to be supporting Neil if he has been taking Russian Money, I just can’t see it from what you posted. My view of him is based on what I have seen with political interviews etc, empty chairing BJ not that long ago for example , now working for Channel 4? If you can show me some evidence of him taking Russian money I am more than happy to change my view, I keep an open mind.

Christopher Chandler. Delve into this name and you will start finding answers.

There certainly seems to be some similarities each time the far right raises its ugly head in this nation. I'm not talking about a bunch of knuckle draggers like the EDL. But the money men in the background.

And faceless men like Chandler, who have no allegiance to anything other than promoting their own interests.

These men are the Krupp and IG Farben of Germany's early 30s. Nothing to lose but everything to gain in the world becoming polarised between right and left and ensuing wars and realigning of power.

The world is in crisis. Climate change and Covid have been universal. The power of China financially. And so many nations electing right wing leaders have put even more money and power in these people's hands.

Democracy is in mortal danger. These people do not want discussion or votes about their actions and investments. Deregulate and prosper. We think we are democratic because we get to vote now and again. Or check the dividends of our paltry shares.

In some nations racism will not be solved as Trump and Co continue with censoring education, celebrating history with only might is right. While history cannot be changed, it is also pertinent to believe it was acceptable then but now.

But I'm afraid the Trumps, Chandlers, Rees Moggs and Putins were all cut from the same tree.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Christopher Chandler. Delve into this name and you will start finding answers.

Looks like he’s behind GB news and there certainly appear to be allegations that he has a dodgy background, may well be accurate, I don’t know. Neil worked for GB news so is this the link which leads to him being up to his neck in Rubles or is there more to your allegation?  He resigned from GB news of course. If this is your yardstick then surely you could claim that every journo that works for the Independent  or the London Evening Standard is up their neck in Rubles?  But I do take your point. Many media outlets of course have and have had people behind them whose involvement can be seen as having sinister motivaton.

15 hours ago, Van wink said:

Looks like he’s behind GB news and there certainly appear to be allegations that he has a dodgy background, may well be accurate, I don’t know. Neil worked for GB news so is this the link which leads to him being up to his neck in Rubles or is there more to your allegation?  He resigned from GB news of course. If this is your yardstick then surely you could claim that every journo that works for the Independent  or the London Evening Standard is up their neck in Rubles?  But I do take your point. Many media outlets of course have and have had people behind them whose involvement can be seen as having sinister motivaton.

I don't know about Neil, I prefer to think he agrees with what is popular at the time. But Chandler is another one of the silent billionaires who has an agency profile that can neither be proved or disproved. Its a squeaky clean CV from a man who made what are referred to as risky investments in Russia to make his money.

If you are successful there is always the accusation that bribery was the reason for the success whereas if you are Bill Browder and don't play the game then even murder is likely.

• Like 1

I think Neil was good once but is now a 'has been'. He was 'played' by Johnson in the last election (despite the face saving 'empty chair' - lesser of two evils as far as Johnson was concerned) and then allowed himself to be seduced and 'used' to front GB News until he realized he'd been had yet again by another outfit that weren't actually interested in any truths but simply playing upto and echoing their supporters views.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Jim Davidson on GB news

Jim slagging off BAFTA celebrities offering to house Ukrainians 

Jim doing what Jim does best. Being a cúnt

What a shock that Jim Davidson is on that channel. Is it far right enough for him?

The man who fled Britain at one point because of the Labour Party when the real truth is he had an unpaid tax bill of nearly one and a half million. Instead of facing up to it he declared himself bankrupt. Now he charges £25 a night for just being anti social, anti Labour and totally racist.

He appeared at out local cinema but walked off stage when heckled. I know I was there as an unpaid usher as a Friend of the Regal. The hotel he stayed in has refused to allow him to stay anymore because of his abusive behaviour to the staff and "don't you know who I am attitude".

Cnut is a wasted word for him.

• Like 1

On 14/03/2022 at 17:03, Herman said:

This is Andrew Neil. Up to his neck in rubles like the rest of them.

I always love it when someone uses the term "crazy cat woman". Talk about an incredible lack of self-awareness. It's literally admitting the cat is better company than the person uttering the phrase!

On 24/03/2022 at 22:39, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I was channel hopping and watched about 5 minutes of Dan Wootton at about 9 o'clock tonight, he's not very annoying is he...

He's going to change his name to Danski Wutin.

Farage is mouthing off again how he had been to vist Trump and telling the world about Trump's hole in one.

Evidence has emerged that the whole thing was setup for the cameras.Trump is sihte at Golf and just cheats.

8 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Farage is mouthing off again how he had been to vist Trump and telling the world about Trump's hole in one.

Evidence has emerged that the whole thing was setup for the cameras.Trump is sihte at Golf and just cheats.

Do you mean politics? 🤣

8 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

If Trump is going to bullshít, he should do it properly like  Kim Jong-il

11 holes in one, in first ever round

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

If Trump is going to bullshít, he should do it properly like  Kim Jong-il

11 holes in one, in first ever round

First time I tried a proper golf course, I did 74. The next weekend, I tried the second hole.

• Haha 1

Seems Murdoch's TalkTV is doing a good job of vying with GBeebies News for the title of crappiest least watched channel of the year award.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/piers-morgan-s-talktv-channel-now-has-zero-viewers-at-some-times-of-day/ar-AAWVpVV?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=672a8943bd264f3ab6a992be6b49d6a1

Piers Morgan's TalkTV channel now has 'zero viewers' at some times of day

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

Seems Murdoch's TalkTV is doing a good job of vying with GBeebies News for the title of crappiest least watched channel of the year award.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/piers-morgan-s-talktv-channel-now-has-zero-viewers-at-some-times-of-day/ar-AAWVpVV?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=672a8943bd264f3ab6a992be6b49d6a1

Piers Morgan's TalkTV channel now has 'zero viewers' at some times of day

I thought I'd have a little look last night, tuned in a bit late for PM, instead got Vanessa Feltz. Dear god...