Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

VAR DOES NOT GIVE ACCURATE READINGS

Recommended Posts

People sagely saying "oh, yes he was clearly offside"....b*ll*x.  These pathetic decisions are being made on FALSE data - INNACCURATE lines drawn by a computer - FRAMES of video that CANNOT accurately determine to a millisecond when the ball left the foot of the passer. So VAR is NOT 100% accurate therefore margins of error HAVE to be made in these kind of decisions.  Until the football authorities sort this aspect of VAR out, it will remain a blight on the game.  If it looks ok to the ref and linesman it should NOT be analyzed by VAR. If it is THAT marginal the old idea of "advantage to the attacker" should be the rule - not some antiseptic clinical piece of clumsy technology that is not accurate enough to determine decisions properly. 

Another of many decent goals cancelled out this season. Absolute garbage.

Rant over.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yes we have been over this before. Without an uncertainly zone meaning no decision, for VAR to be accurate it would need a frame rate of 150fps which is 3 x what they are using. 

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also var is meant only for obvious errors. Surely if nobody protests it can’t be obvious. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am so p****d off with VAR now.  I don't get angry at much, but it has absolutely ruined football as a spectacle. It is not even accurate yet people think because it is done by a computer it must be right.  IT IS NOT. It is flawed technology made out to be accurate and then the imbeciles that are in their little box looking at it on a screen feel under pressure to disallow the goal because of it....BUT IT IS NOT ACCURATE.  IT JUST ISN'T.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Also var is meant only for obvious errors. Surely if nobody protests it can’t be obvious. 

Only for subjective decisions.

For all goals VAR is used to make sure there is not an offside or handball in the build up. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Only for subjective decisions.

For all goals VAR is used to make sure there is not an offside or handball in the build up. 

But it doesn't make sure! It gives false readings!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Only for subjective decisions.

For all goals VAR is used to make sure there is not an offside or handball in the build up. 

I thought it was only the PL that was using it in that way, and other clubs across Europe only ask for VAR to look at a goal IF they believe there may be some doubt or issue rather than checking EVERY single thing regardless???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

I thought it was only the PL that was using it in that way, and other clubs across Europe only ask for VAR to look at a goal IF they believe there may be some doubt or issue rather than checking EVERY single thing regardless???

They also check every goal in Germany also. Not sure about other countries but I’d imagine it is the same. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.6fb22064c0412ac87281ee317103400a.jpeg

I’ll post this again.

With this margin of error, how can there not be a ‘clear and obvious error’ clause added to offsides also.

Pukkis goal vs Spurs should’ve stood

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, that one looked offside to be honest. The Pukki one via Spurs was sickening however - and there have been several others during the season in other games which have looked far too marginal to call. An ‘umpires call’ type system would be good if hard to implement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes but we were playing under advantage as the player who played the ball was pulled back. Therefore even though offside the free kick should have been ours for the foul. VAR implementation is shocking

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next season, people will be watching Championship footie because it’s more honest and not VAR contrived. I’ve mentioned this before on Pinkun and will bore you again. If an attacking team feel they should have a corner, why isn’t this looked at by VAR if the loss of an attacking advantage is such a travesty - or a ‘Clear and Obvious’ ????

WTF!! As opposed to an armpit hair offside (subjective) or a a ball smashed into a defenders arm (arm considered by Stockley Park in an “unnatural position” ) - what attached to the defenders shoulder ?? If VAR infiltrates the lower divisions I will be supporting Horsham - I can wear the same shirts 😀 to support my local team....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Am so p****d off with VAR now.  I don't get angry at much, but it has absolutely ruined football as a spectacle. It is not even accurate yet people think because it is done by a computer it must be right.  IT IS NOT. It is flawed technology made out to be accurate and then the imbeciles that are in their little box looking at it on a screen feel under pressure to disallow the goal because of it....BUT IT IS NOT ACCURATE.  IT JUST ISN'T.

Remember saying this Lakey ? 😜

Anger solves nothing - and imo doesn't show connection to the club - if anything it shows the opposite. Yes people are disappointed, we all are, we are passionate as fans, but why anger?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Remember saying this Lakey ? 😜

Anger solves nothing - and imo doesn't show connection to the club - if anything it shows the opposite. Yes people are disappointed, we all are, we are passionate as fans, but why anger?

I was talking about anger against the club, not against things that affect the club. I always say save your anger for refs, VAR and opposition players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

People sagely saying "oh, yes he was clearly offside"....b*ll*x.  These pathetic decisions are being made on FALSE data - INNACCURATE lines drawn by a computer - FRAMES of video that CANNOT accurately determine to a millisecond when the ball left the foot of the passer. So VAR is NOT 100% accurate therefore margins of error HAVE to be made in these kind of decisions.  Until the football authorities sort this aspect of VAR out, it will remain a blight on the game.  If it looks ok to the ref and linesman it should NOT be analyzed by VAR. If it is THAT marginal the old idea of "advantage to the attacker" should be the rule - not some antiseptic clinical piece of clumsy technology that is not accurate enough to determine decisions properly. 

Another of many decent goals cancelled out this season. Absolute garbage.

Rant over.

He was offside by some way Lakey. Nothing to do with being a 'sage'. It's called reality - you should try it sometime.

OTBC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Remember saying this Lakey ? 😜

Anger solves nothing - and imo doesn't show connection to the club - if anything it shows the opposite. Yes people are disappointed, we all are, we are passionate as fans, but why anger?

He just makes it up as he goes along.

Anger bad when others do it.

Anger good when he does it.

OTBC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

He was offside by some way Lakey. Nothing to do with being a 'sage'. It's called reality - you should try it sometime.

OTBC

Have you understood anything I've said? The technology is not accurate.

 

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

He just makes it up as he goes along.

Anger bad when others do it.

Anger good when he does it.

OTBC

Nope, you don't understand anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Have you understood anything I've said? The technology is not accurate.

 

Nope, you don't understand anything.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Was it offside Lakey?

Marginal decision and advantage should be given to attackers in those cases - at least that is what it used to be before VAR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Have you understood anything I've said? The technology is not accurate.

Nope, you don't understand anything.

I understand you perfectly fine; you're not exactly deep.

WUM.

OTBC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I understand you perfectly fine; you're not exactly deep.

WUM.

OTBC

Nope, you disregard what I say and make up your own conclusions based on your prejudice.  My anger thing has ALWAYS been about people getting angry against the club.   Anger - in it's place - has a role in life, but it is not there to attack your own. Now before you start with the WUM cr*p, at least have the decency to try and understand what is written.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

make up your own conclusions based on your prejudice.  

The cheek! That sentence is written down your bloody spine! It's your life mantra!

OTBC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...