Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

Professor from SA just on BBC news saying there is no pressure on hospitals in SA from Omicron, that's why they have no lockdown

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Professor from SA just on BBC news saying there is no pressure on hospitals in SA from Omicron, that's why they have no lockdown

Let’s hope we get the same results in the U.K. 

"Data on severity will become clearer over the coming weeks but hospitalisations from Omicron are already occurring and these are likely to increase rapidly.

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Let’s hope we get the same results in the U.K. 

"Data on severity will become clearer over the coming weeks but hospitalisations from Omicron are already occurring and these are likely to increase rapidly.

Again let’s wait to see the numbers, is it hospitalisation because of omicron Covid or tested with on admittance.

Edited by Indy

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

National

48,854 - 52

rate of increase of  11.9%  

Local

Norwich   West rate             333.7      Local   R  estimated 0.9 - 1.1

N&N Patients  (falling)

07-12-2021                                18
06-12-2021 23
05-12-2021 22
04-12-2021 22

Vax     

1st Dose      25,378              89.1% done                               Norwich numbers   77.8%        Booster rate 28.2

2nd Dose     36,873              81.3% done                                                                  71.1%

Booster     530,086     total          23,124,829                40.2%

In Hospital

09-12-2021                                       7,413
08-12-2021 7,356
07-12-2021 7,344
06-12-2021 7,361
05-12-2021 7,258
04-12-2021 7,161

London definitely the canary down the mine for the rest of us. Us in Yorkshire are basically still flat for cases and have been a while. London now taking off!

Covid Alert raised to level 4.

Challenge will be to get people boosted before Christmas. I think people will think seriously about getting vaccinated and feeling rubbish so close to Christmas.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Covid Alert raised to level 4.

Challenge will be to get people boosted before Christmas. I think people will think seriously about getting vaccinated and feeling rubbish so close to Christmas.

Everyone I know who’s had the booster has had minimal side effects. They’ll feel a lot worse if they don’t have the booster and then get Covid.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Everyone I know who’s had the booster has had minimal side effects. They’ll feel a lot worse if they don’t have the booster and then get Covid.

Unfortunately ICF there are a lot of people out there that can influence people into not bothering. Boris joked about the need for you getting your booster and said only ‘ older people’s ‘ immunity is hit, the reason some athletes ( footballers included give ) not getting the jab is they can’t be ill as they will lose their team place. Anti vaxers are currently using data from South Africa saying the new variant does not kill you or cause serious illness, hence why the uptake in the under 40’s to date is really low.

In the next few minutes Boris will be telling everyone how vital full vaccination is, but can he be taken seriously anymore? Only time will tell.

"Expecting a tsunami" is quite a statement. Must be data-led and a big worry that Omicron can evade defences unless you have your 3rd vaccination.

Youll be incredibly busy WBB.

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Jabbing a million people a day to be vaccinated during Christmas? Not gonna happen.

We will all have to jab each other.

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

"Expecting a tsunami" is quite a statement. Must be data-led and a big worry that Omicron can evade defences unless you have your 3rd vaccination.

Youll be incredibly busy WBB.

We already knew as I said a couple of days ago.

We we’re being given CD BD and NY day off but I guess that’s off now lol.

It was known in September your immunity started to whizz down at 4 months, not hindsight I put it on here, and as much as it pains me to say AZ was not doing well. So instead of getting started and scaring people we joked about it. 
As I also said at the beginning of the week South Africa hospitalisation was increasing rapidly, but there you go, we are where we are and I am still very positive this could be the last battle. If as I expect the vaccines hold up against serious illness then that will at last put us ahead of the virus. It is now down to the people, will they come forward ? I hope so.

9 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Jabbing a million people a day to be vaccinated during Christmas? Not gonna happen.

He was taking the onus from himself and landing it on you, ie everybody will ‘ be offered ‘. To me that made it clear that there will be no more restrictions and if you don’t take up his offer you play Russian roulette, therefore your fault.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

There’s a few on here who’d like to jab each other then follow it with a left hook! 😂

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Nothing much new there.

Are you saying his data was tosh or you have made some u turns on your predictions ?

7 minutes ago, Well b back said:

We already knew as I said a couple of days ago.

We we’re being given CD BD and NY day off but I guess that’s off now lol.

It was known in September your immunity started to whizz down at 4 months, not hindsight I put it on here, and as much as it pains me to say AZ was not doing well. So instead of getting started and scaring people we joked about it. 
As I also said at the beginning of the week South Africa hospitalisation was increasing rapidly, but there you go, we are where we are and I am still very positive this could be the last battle. If as I expect the vaccines hold up against serious illness then that will at last put us ahead of the virus. It is now down to the people, will they come forward ? I hope so.

Do you know if multiple boosters will actually delay the immunity decrease, so the more boosters the bigger build up and longer the immunity?

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Do you know if multiple boosters will actually delay the immunity decrease, so the more boosters the bigger build up and longer the immunity?

I don’t think anyone knows the answer to that Indy, but I stand to be corrected. There is one theory that there is a diminishing effect if you have regular boosters, but as I say we don’t know

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

I don’t think anyone knows the answer to that Indy, but I stand to be corrected. There is one theory that there is a diminishing effect if you have regular boosters, but as I say we don’t know

I just asked as I thought I heard them say this booster actually gives you even better immunity then the second booster so I would assume it must have some longevity effect too? I really don’t know but will wait to see…..👍VW.

• Like 1

Just now, Indy said:

I don’t I’m afraid, this is something the world is watching Israel for, any uptick there and we will know.

We we’re talking about this on Friday out of interest. Our conversation was down the lines that we had our boosters beginning of October, so if 3 months is the point will we get another booster in mid January ?. 
I just looked at the Israel data, looks quite promising. Before they boosted ( over 3 months ago ) they were over 10,000 cases per day, they are currently at around 350 and have been since their boosters kicked in. The better news is deaths are minimal, so it’s looking good for at least 4 months, hopefully it will get to at least 6.

This is real real world data in Israel, let’s hope lessons are learnt and we act straight away when they ring their alarm bells next.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

I just asked as I thought I heard them say this booster actually gives you even better immunity then the second booster so I would assume it must have some longevity effect too? I really don’t know but will wait to see…..👍VW.

Indy, I read that it was believed that the (3rd) booster (Pfizer or Moderna if the first two were AZ) would provide a good 9 or 10 months immunity - or even longer. I cannot recall now the link but it was a from a serious source (not one of those mainstream media stories). As WBB states we will find out more from Israel.

If that is the case it could be a yearly thing. Of course that is an 'if'!

4 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Indy, I read that it was believed that the (3rd) booster (Pfizer or Moderna if the first two were AZ) would provide a good 9 or 10 months immunity - or even longer. I cannot recall now the link but it was a from a serious source (not one of those mainstream media stories). As WBB states we will find out more from Israel.

Thanks Sonyc hope that’s right……flu & Covid jab next November then!😂

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I found one thing really interesting that all ‘ over 18’s ‘ will be getting a booster, that was never planned. A lot of the data coming out of SA suggests this is effecting younger people more. My suspicion though is these are unvaccinated, I hope that is right as I am convinced the vaccines will do what they were set out to do ‘ protect against serious illness ‘. 

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Still no lockdown or panic in S.Africa.

Why?

I read that they have a much younger population comparatively and most importantly, their health service has not been cut back to the quick for decades and it is more resilient in handling demands placed on it. I cannot vouch for the veracity of that but it could tell us something. The geography (density) is also different isn't it?

Also I might add that if you'd read the Unherd  article today it was very critical of our government in trying to re-assert its authority, hence the panicky press conferences.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, ricardo said:

If people could be trusted then a door drop of single use injections would be a very quick way of getting the numbers. Mrs Pants injects herself every week with her medication, I'm sure she would have great delight in sharing the pain!

Now reading two doses of the AZ vaccine is next to useless against Omicron if more than 6 months ago. Bit worrying as that's me. Just have to hold out until Thursday. 

6 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Also I might add that if you'd read the Unherd  article today it was very critical of our government in trying to re-assert its authority, hence the panicky press conferences.

That was.my view.of the conference. Mainly in reality political 

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If people could be trusted then a door drop of single use injections would be a very quick way of getting the numbers. Mrs Pants injects herself every week with her medication, I'm sure she would have great delight in sharing the pain!

Now reading two doses of the AZ vaccine is next to useless against Omicron if more than 6 months ago. Bit worrying as that's me. Just have to hold out until Thursday. 

Go to a walk in. Just search walk in COVID vaccination - wherever you are it will give you all sites.

34 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Still no lockdown or panic in S.Africa.

Why?

This is an interview with the head of the South African Medical association from today. Doesn’t sound like they are panicking does it 

Edited by Virtual reality