Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

8 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

This is an interview with a South African Dr from today. Doesn’t sound like they are panicking does it 

Why does the banner and the dialogue contradict one another.

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Bizarre isn’t it. The journalist at LBC who done the interview said it was because the banner was used in response to the modellers predictions and this interview was part of that 

Edited by Virtual reality

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

This says Boris is lying again, let’s hope he is this time.

Is this Boris’s biggest lie of the lot ?. I see Katie Hopkins crew are using LBC to tell people not to get jabbed or boosted.

Maybe he is going to waste 4 billion pound just to pretend the booster saved us all.

Just now, Well b back said:

Is this Boris’s biggest lie of the lot ?. I see Katie Hopkins crew are using LBC to tell people not to get jabbed or boosted.

Maybe he is going to waste 4 billion pound just to pretend the booster saved us all.

I honestly don’t believe a word he says anymore. Hopefully the South African doctor is right in what she’s saying as if this is milder then presumably we could be seeing an end to it. Obviously goes without saying to air on the side of caution though but this looks promising 

7 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

I honestly don’t believe a word he says anymore. Hopefully the South African doctor is right in what she’s saying as if this is milder then presumably we could be seeing an end to it. Obviously goes without saying to air on the side of caution though but this looks promising 

She seems to have forgotten an important piece of info on the figures that 70% of people in hospital are unvaccinated, which shows the vaccines are doing what they should do ie holding out against serious illness. However what you must also remember is that although their vaccine uptake is less than ours, their efficacy is much better in those vaccinated as they started long after us. We therefore have lots of people who’s immunity is dropping rapidly, so as much as I hate the clown he has done the right thing as we have about 45 million people that to varying degrees are at risk of hospitalisation.

Of course as I said in September that was when he f***** it up as he brushed boosters aside and shut the hubs. So as usual he is far to late but at least he has grasped what happened in Israel now. 2 doses of vaccine are not enough he now says ( especially AZ it pains me to say ). He knew that in September !. People hate Johnson so unfortunately messages like it won’t harm you are just playing into the anti vaxers hands.

16 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Shall we just send our entire wealth th Pfizer and just be done with it. 

That’s what your NI 1.25% increase was for, but even that doesn’t cover it now, so expect another increase soon.

In fact joking aside had we invested in vaccine manufacture like we said we would ( and others did invest in it ) it would cost considerably less.

Edited by Well b back

BBC now reporting all NHS leave cancelled over Christmas, they should keep up to date with the pink un message board and get the news 48 hours earlier lol

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Still no lockdown or panic in S.Africa.

Why?

because they don't have enough old and fat people to put their health care under stress

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Tetteys Jig said:

because they don't have enough old and fat people to put their health care under stress

Lol

They do have some restrictions though, major events no more than 2500, inside no more than 250, curfew 11pm - 5am and mask wearing.

• Like 1

You poor sods. Apart of course from those millions  who voted for him.  I don't know in particular how dangerous the Omicron variant is and what is absolutely  the best way to deal with it, along with the general covid threat.

But there is one certainty. That if Johnson's latest plan, of a call for more vaccinations allied to no extra restrictions, is the right one it will be by total accident.

It has been crafted not on the basis of science, or even science plus politics, but purely on the basis on cowardly self-interested party politics that flies in the face of the science. With the strong likelihood, as before with Johnson, that it is the opposite of the right policy.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

You poor sods. Apart of course from those millions  who voted for him.  I don't know in particular how dangerous the Omicron variant is and what is absolutely  the best way to deal with it, along with the general covid threat.

But there is one certainty. That if Johnson's latest plan, of a call for more vaccinations allied to no extra restrictions, is the right one it will be by total accident.

It has been crafted not on the basis of science, or even science plus politics, but purely on the basis on cowardly self-interested party politics that flies in the face of the science. With the strong likelihood, as before with Johnson, that it is the opposite of the right policy.

what extra restrictions do you think we should have? We've enacted plan B haven't we? Is it not worth seeing how that goes and waiting on more evidence before we go further?

Surely if this was potentially the apocolypse, we would be back in full lockdown straight away just in case... where would you draw the line with that train of thought? Bring back level 2 from spring 2021 time?

Also, I don't see how trying to hyperdrive the vaccine rollout isn't a positive step? Data shows it still remains highly effective if you get your booster and even just getting double jabbed should at least tighten your t cell response should it come to that.

7 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

If nothing else it got him some positive headlines this morning.

When I say positive I mean not negative.

Edited by Herman

5 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

what extra restrictions do you think we should have? We've enacted plan B haven't we? Is it not worth seeing how that goes and waiting on more evidence before we go further?

Surely if this was potentially the apocolypse, we would be back in full lockdown straight away just in case... where would you draw the line with that train of thought? Bring back level 2 from spring 2021 time?

Also, I don't see how trying to hyperdrive the vaccine rollout isn't a positive step? Data shows it still remains highly effective if you get your booster and even just getting double jabbed should at least tighten your t cell response should it come to that.

Hi TJ

Would fully agree ie restrictions etc but the science on the vaccines was known in September, what did he do, he shut the hubs, and made light of the boosters. We still have care homes to do and the house bound have not even been started. More people coming forward so will we be doing away with training and the application process ie DBS checks.

6 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Covid passports as used in some EU countries, for starters, and I didn't say the hyperdrive rollout wasn't a positive step.

53 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Hi TJ

Would fully agree ie restrictions etc but the science on the vaccines was known in September, what did he do, he shut the hubs, and made light of the boosters. We still have care homes to do and the house bound have not even been started. More people coming forward so will we be doing away with training and the application process ie DBS checks.

this is my main gripe too. I had nothing wrong with his words of getting everyone vaxxed by September but there doesn't seem to have been a coherent plan communicated with those that will be doing the vaccinations.

I am particularly concerned for pregnant women, who really should be prioritised through the system but will now struggle to get a booking or stand around long enough at a walk in. It's all a bit desperate really.

• Like 1

I think this booster or booster policy is driven by multiple factors but mainly politics

First - a very real panic as to what lies ahead for the NHS and more broadly for all of us.

Secondly - Johnson desperately wants to get partygate etc, off the front page and be seen to be doing something positive before Thursday's judgement day.

He hasn't got the balls or leadership to actually implement a plan C (or worse) that may actually slow Omicron before January.

So, in typical hollow boosterism style, he has alighted upon throwing everything at the booster rollout a painless get of gaol free card. Trouble is although very welcome it smacks of panic and being simply unachievable in the timescales given.

Nevermind - looks good on the media, changes the front pages and may stay his defenestration. Just pollical theatre.

Now what's the real plan ?

• Like 1

And announced too YF without talking to parliament. I imagine he would have a problem answering questions on the detail and practicalities of achieving his target. There again, he can now bring forward a Xmas dissolution and probably nip off on another holiday. Where to this time?

Edit: nor talking to the NHS, who found out at 8pm last night too!

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think this booster or booster policy is driven by multiple factors but mainly politics

First - a very real panic as to what lies ahead for the NHS and more broadly for all of us.

Secondly - Johnson desperately wants to get partygate etc, off the front page and be seen to be doing something positive before Thursday's judgement day.

He hasn't got the balls or leadership to actually implement a plan C (or worse) that may actually slow Omicron before January.

So, in typical hollow boosterism style, he has alighted upon throwing everything at the booster rollout a painless get of gaol free card. Trouble is although very welcome it smacks of panic and being simply unachievable in the timescales given.

Nevermind - looks good on the media, changes the front pages and may stay his defenestration. Just pollical theatre.

Now what's the real plan ?

The real plan for the Tories is that as soon as they can find a couple of months of "clear water" with no scandals - there will be a leadership change

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, sonyc said:

And announced too YF without talking to parliament. I imagine he would have a problem answering questions on the detail and practicalities of achieving his target. There again, he can now bring forward a Xmas dissolution and probably nip off on another holiday. Where to this time?

We agree - smells more of political expediency than any practicality.

Anyway - as per WBBs earlier comments-  we all know who's to blame  - Johnson - for his complacency in the autumn. It is is Johnson that's now in a panic.

Lastly - to those who say there is no great rush of hospitalizations yet - you remind me very much of a novice skydiver accelerating towards the ground but won't open his chute (and ignorant of the time to deploy and brake) as there have been no injuries yet...... Thud.

Edited by Yellow Fever

37 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Lastly - to those who say there is no great rush of hospitalizations yet - you remind me very much of a novice skydiver accelerating towards the ground but won't open his chute (and ignorant of the time to deploy and brake) as there have been no injuries yet...... Thud.

As a novice sky diver, I’d be strapped to a fully qualified and experienced one who would pull the parachute when needed safely, like that I’ll take the lead from the science and those in the know rather than take too many costly measures for no real reason. There still no real evidence yet, but initial information from this variant appears to be still very mild! 
This government is a shower of ****e but boosting the vaccines on the Israel evidence is pretty much the best thing that combats Covid, so can’t complain about upping the vaccine uptake. It’s up to people to take responsibility too, if you socially distance, wear masks, work from home if you can and keep to good hygiene we might just be ok without the need for more stringent measures. There’s large parts our economy just starting to recover getting people back to work and don’t need additional unnecessary challenges. Keeping an eye on hospital numbers and reacting is very hard and either way could be wrong, but bringing in control measures is definitely now time and is up to each of us too!

30 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Just went on NHS Website to get some testing kits, says they have none !

This is what happens when you get such panicky decisions. There is inadequate ground preparation. You get a policy but getting it implemented is a challenge (booster bookings facing teething problems apparently).

Very good news on pushing boosters but just hope they are able to do the logistics to meet their target (military help again so that is hopeful).

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ricardo said:

ZOE up about 1% today.

In a way that doesn't surprise me. Symptoms that Zoe mainly spots are Delta and that is also making hay at present even if lots of school kids are already isolating/off.