Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

1 hour ago, SteveN8458 said:

Interesting.

I am under the impression that the vaccine take approx 6 weeks from initial does to max protection, assuming that the individual has both jabs. So this would tie in with that.

Hi Steve

Although you are at full immunity a week after your second jab, you start to build immunity from your 1st jab. It is estimated that around 10 days from the first jab you will begin to show immunity which it is hoped would at least be enough to keep you out of hospital. 

1 hour ago, Herman said:

A wee bit desperate there Rocky. 

A wee bit of the fundamental truth, no less.  Anathema to remoaners......

Some 'significant' allergic reactions to the jab reported today........  

Edited by paul moy

19 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Some 'significant' allergic reactions to the jab reported today........  

Do you have a source?

24 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Do you have a source?

Sky news website reporting two nurses had an allergic reaction to the vaccine and are now recovering.

All medicines give allergic reactions to some people who take them, just read the paper that comes with a pack of paracetamol !!

22 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Sky news website reporting two nurses had an allergic reaction to the vaccine and are now recovering.

All medicines give allergic reactions to some people who take them, just read the paper that comes with a pack of paracetamol !!

Indeed ICF, I had my flu jab yesterday, you are warned that there may be a reaction and in fact a serious reaction(anaphylactiod)which could occur very quickly after receiving the jab, the nurses that give the vaccine are trained to deal with that scenario.

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 1

Also, if we're being strictly accurate, the process which the UK has used to get the vaccine approved by the UK regulator rather than the EU has been done under EU law.  Other EU countries could also have gone down the same route and I'm surprised none of them have.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Also, if we're being strictly accurate, the process which the UK has used to get the vaccine approved by the UK regulator rather than the EU has been done under EU law.  Other EU countries could also have gone down the same route and I'm surprised none of them have.

The EU countries are scared to step out of line and end up punished by not getting an allocation of the vaccine. Watch as the EU tries to control the distribution in the coming weeks. 

Now we are free of all that EU nonsense we can forge ahead and protect our elderly and vulnerable while the EU folk can only look on in envy. 

Brexit Brings Benefits to Britain. 

The suggestion that the UK has rushed the approval of the vaccine (from Belgian and French politicians at least) does rather imply that the British Government is in the process of using humans as guinea pigs.

We have to trust our own medics, I suppose. I'd have it tomorrow ... but not without some trepidation.

Edward Jenner, himself the father of vaccination, did in fact use a human guinea pig to assess the effectiveness of his small pox vaccine by first trying it out on the young son of a farmhand, for a pittance in return.

Not at all ethical today, but boy has the principle of vaccination sure saved the human race from much misery.

Edited by BroadstairsR

One of the arguments put forward for Brexit was that we would be able to react nimbly and flexibly to developing situations when free of the dead hand of the EU. 

Covid vaccinations coming to the UK first in the world is exactly what was meant by this claim. We are now saving lives of our loved ones that would be lost had we remained in the EU. 

Fingers crossed that Boris doesn't cave in to EU demands over level playing fields and we'll have plenty more victories like this. 

I think that you are may be over-egging the pudding there RtB, but there is truth in the fact that legislation on any matter within the EU will inevitably be ponderous.

When they do decide I will wonder which ones from the 800, 000 people who currently qualify for an EU pension will be first in the queue?

7 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

The suggestion that the UK has rushed the approval of the vaccine (from Belgian and French politicians at least) does rather imply that the British Government is in the process of using humans as guinea pigs.

We have to trust our own medics, I suppose. I'd have it tomorrow ... but not without some trepidation.

Edward Jenner, himself the father of vaccination, did in fact use a human guinea pig to assess the effectiveness of his small pox vaccine by first trying it out on the young son of a farmhand, for a pittance in return.

Not at all ethical today, but boy has the principle of vaccination has sure saved the human race from much misery.

Nobody should be surprised by the jealousy shown by French politicians and others. I can imagine the question echoing around the Elysee Palace 'pourqoi nous ne sommes pas comme Angleterre?'

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I think that you are may be over-egging the pudding there RtB, but there is truth in the fact that legislation on any matter within the EU will inevitably be ponderous.

When they do decide I will wonder which ones from the 800, 000 people who currently qualify for an EU pension will be first in the queue?

It will help if you can speak German, I suspect, Broady

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

Unfortunately when the EMA fled London and relocated in Amsterdam after Brexit, they expected the bulf of the regulatory experts to go with them. They didn't, and were consequently mopped up by the MHRA. Kind of shot themselves in the foot there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't panic.  The two nurses had underlying issues..... and were both carrying epi-pens as they were suspect to allergies.

The Pfizer tests were only done on healthy people so did not show up any significant differences between the vaccine and dummy/placebo tests.

😎

Edited by paul moy

29 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Well, I'm due an 'EU' pension but don't expect to get anything ......  no worries here

45 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Unfortunately when the EMA fled London and relocated in Amsterdam after Brexit, they expected the bulf of the regulatory experts to go with them. They didn't, and were consequently mopped up by the MHRA. Kind of shot themselves in the foot there.

They didn't really flee, they had no choice as you had voted to leave the EU and they regulate for EU member states. 

20 minutes ago, Jools said:

Christ Alive!!  👇

🤪

Blimey, I wonder if they based it on commonsense.  If they did then my faith is restored.....

image.thumb.png.e30604daa19ec401e8e3a8bb2ab8c7e6.png

image.thumb.png.f22b49b23c669e6add0a6b5682ab6b30.png

Yesterdays European.

Italy         14842 - 634

France    13713 - 366

Spain      4887 - 187

Germany  18319 - 622

Edited by ricardo

Oh dear, now Death Rigby has been hauled off Sky News for Covid related violations. They'll  run out of reporters soon.😉

16 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Oh dear, now Death Rigby has been hauled off Sky News for Covid related violations. They'll  run out of reporters soon.😉

Hopefully 👍

4 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Another 533 deaths today, this carries on we will hit 100,000 by end of February 

I expect new case numbers may start to follow the trend in Wales, possibly the Christmas week. As we know, deaths lag behind by a few weeks.

Have to hope for the vaccine programme to protect those most vulnerable / oldest sections because that will save lots of lives.

32 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I've seen this name before on this thread. Why is she called "Death" Rigby? Is it something linked to any particular story? Or is she disliked? Straight question as I don't really know her, just the story about her 60th birthday. 

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I've seen this name before on this thread. Why is she called "Death" Rigby? Is it something linked to any particular story? Or is she disliked? Straight question as I don't really know her, just the story about her 60th birthday. 

Probably nicknamed ' Death ' because of her slant on those daily coronavirus news conferences.

Beth/Death's nowhere near her 60th birthday. That was her stable companion Kay Burley that well known political rottweiler holding them all to account for their various coronavirus misdemeanors.

That went well.....

• Haha 1