lake district canary

Anyone else hugely excited?

So much doom mongering around on here sometimes, but anyone else really excited by the matches coming up?  If there were two matches I could get to this season it would be the next two as they will make or break our season.  Win against Leicester and we are back in the hunt in the league, win against Spurs and we have a big cup run in process.

So is it just me that is excoted by what's coming up, not just the midweek cup game but the league game too?  I'm away from Norfolk so I don't get the "vibe" and can only go on what I see in matches and read on here - but is there enough excitement at our prospects and the games coming up?   We could lose both games, I know, but the prize for winning either or both is huge.

So what's not to get excited about? 

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

So much doom mongering around on here sometimes, but anyone else really excited by the matches coming up?  If there were two matches I could get to this season it would be the next two as they will make or break our season.  Win against Leicester and we are back in the hunt in the league, win against Spurs and we have a big cup run in process.

So is it just me that is excoted by what's coming up, not just the midweek cup game but the league game too?  I'm away from Norfolk so I don't get the "vibe" and can only go on what I see in matches and read on here - but is there enough excitement at our prospects and the games coming up?   We could lose both games, I know, but the prize for winning either or both is huge.

I am too, Lakey, I hear you! I know we’re likely to get relegated as things stand, but this club finally has some real direction and vision, and I can handle another season in the championship like last season if that’s what it comes to. The thrill is in the promotion for me. Last season was a million more times enjoyable than this season. I will remember that far more fondly than a one off game against Man City if I’m honest. I’m at peace with relegation for once, but the possibility exists that we may still have an exciting twist to the end of the season - that’s the fun thing about football! It’s unwritten 👍🏼

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Joker.jpg

Joaquin Phoenix and Robert de Niro were superb in that film, but let’s face it, that’s what the hype was really about, those 2 actors fantastic performances. The actual film I thought was utter shoite. I kept waiting for it to get going, very disappointing. 

Yeah I’m excited for the cup game, definitely. The league, not so much...

Definitely looking forward to the Cup fixture. Its our only hope Obi Wan. Was looking forward to bringing them back to Carrow Road like 1959 but there will not be any replays from this round onwards. Forgot the big clubs who play their reserves complain they play too much.

29 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Joaquin Phoenix and Robert de Niro were superb in that film, but let’s face it, that’s what the hype was really about, those 2 actors fantastic performances. The actual film I thought was utter shoite. I kept waiting for it to get going, very disappointing. 

True, well de Niro didn't really do that much, but Phoenix was fantastic and fully deserved Oscar for best actor. Better than Heath Ledger though? Difficult question!

I thought the film was good actually, captivating, but very dark. I wouldn't recommend anyone on here watching it at the moment, especially on a Saturday evening!

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

So is it just me that is excoted by what's coming up, 

Probably.

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The next two games will make or break our season..........................Really Lakey ??

Yes. Win both and it kick starts a belief we can catch up our league rivals and sets up exciting cup match or matches. It's mouth watering.....but then like I say, we could lose both......but then that is not something to dwell on and I'm just looking forward to see us really going for it - and I hope everyone else is too. 

15 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes. Win both and it kick starts a belief we can catch up our league rivals and sets up exciting cup match or matches. It's mouth watering.....but then like I say, we could lose both......but then that is not something to dwell on and I'm just looking forward to see us really going for it - and I hope everyone else is too. 

Well I hear you Lakey because if we did beat Leicester, and I’m happy to be in the minority with you who think we have a chance given Leicester have been far from impressive these last couple of months, then looking at the other fixtures at the weekend, we could be right back in the mix as it would be pretty tight again with 30 points to play for. It is easy to forget that it’s not just us that are struggling to win in the Premier League this season, I don’t see why it should be expected that all of our rivals will suddenly start picking up decent results yet we don’t qualify to be a team that could. Don’t understand that logic. Big game Friday.

• Like 1

I’ve been accused of trolling but this thread tops anything I’ve started. Lakey must be laughing his head off up north or he is in an acute mental health ward.

35 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

True, well de Niro didn't really do that much, but Phoenix was fantastic and fully deserved Oscar for best actor. Better than Heath Ledger though? Difficult question!

I thought the film was good actually, captivating, but very dark. I wouldn't recommend anyone on here watching it at the moment, especially on a Saturday evening!

Yep true, just thought De Niro’s so good that he doesn’t need much screen time to show his brilliance. Loads of people raves to me about this film but I just found it sort of plodded along, it didn’t really keep me on the edge of my seat but of course I appreciate we all have different tastes buddy!

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’ve been accused of trolling but this thread tops anything I’ve started. Lakey must be laughing his head off up north or he is in an acute mental health ward.

What because he’s looking forward to the 2 games coming up?

I've accepted relegation now so it's all enjoyment from here!

Despite our season so far a win against Leicester and results going our way would lift the mood somewhat but It will take a few more wins after that until I start believing that survival may be on the cards

Likewise a win against spurs would put us in the quarter finals for the first time in my lifetime and do wonders for team confidence - however unlikely it is.

The cup game is certainly exciting, the chance to win and progress is certainly there, with the right draw could go all the way to an FA cup final.

As for kick starting confidence and staying up, no chance Lakey, but then it’s going to be a better season next year with winning most games again, back in the championship.

Edited by Indy

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

It’s like you have never experienced this club in this league

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Ok, say no more Alex.

Yep, as a grown man I’m more than happy not to join in with childish schoolboy bullying over a fellow supporters optimism 👍🏼

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2