lake district canary

Anyone else hugely excited?

1 hour ago, CDMullins said:

I share many of the positive beliefs he does, but he is a WUM - He strategically times posts when he knows most will be down and prods them with him stick, he knows exactly what he is doing, when hes doing it and thrives off it.

Yeah, he deliberately takes up a contrary position, usually an extreme one, just to get a reaction. He's the guy who predicted we'd finish 3rd/4th in the Premiership at the start of the season, yet was the biggest negative nancy during the last six games of last season, even when we only needed a point from the final two games. After last season I find it impossible to take anything he says seriously.

47 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

However, there is no credit to be had here. He is unwaiveringly positive that we will win (which, again is fine) but that doesn't mean he deserves credit if we do win.

I agree there is no credit to be had.  However, I am not "unwaveringly positive that we will win" matches. My excitement, positivity or whatever you want to call it comes from the anticipation of an upcoming match and that it is always winnable, however things appear from stats, history, evidence or anything else.  They are always winnable - but that does not mean I believe we will win. We can lose too - and do lose sometimes, but it is not pre-written down and the one thing I dislike more than anything is seeing "we've got no chance" "no way we can win the next match" etc etc.   We can always win. 

5 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:
2 hours ago, CDMullins said:

I share many of the positive beliefs he does, but he is a WUM - He strategically times posts when he knows most will be down and prods them with him stick, he knows exactly what he is doing, when hes doing it and thrives off it.

Yeah, he deliberately takes up a contrary position, usually an extreme one, just to get a reaction. He's the guy who predicted we'd finish 3rd/4th in the Premiership at the start of the season, yet was the biggest negative nancy during the last six games of last season, even when we only needed a point from the final two games. After last season I find it impossible to take anything he says seriously.

Oh not this again!

Look, its simple.  We can win every game and we can lose every game - it just is not written down anywhere that anything is certain, which is why I was not certain of anything at the end of last season - and it wasn't certain - and this season I put in the prediction thread we COULD finish high in the table. It wasn't ey-eye-addio we're gonna finish 4th" it was simply recognising anything could happen.  

If I was a Blade on a Sheff Utd forum and had put "we could finish fourth" at the start of the season, I probably would have been ridiculed there too, but it just shows how certainty is not a "thing" in football.