lake district canary

Anyone else hugely excited?

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Yep, as a grown man I’m more than happy not to join in with childish schoolboy bullying over a fellow supporters optimism 👍🏼

Lakey is not 7 years old .

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The next two games will make or break our season..........................Really Lakey ??

Lakey is obviously trying to provoke and stimulate debate by posting views most find laughable.. fair play to him.

Draw Friday. Lose away as we have done most games is my prediction based on facts. Hope to win both.

I'm right with you Lakey.👍

It's the way we are. The cup game in particular. The very first thought after we win through a round is the draw for the next round. Doesn't anyone else get excited by that? Doesn't anyone else wonder who we'll get and when it's drawn dream of beating them and even getting to Wembley?

Do others not care, happy to wait until you come across the draw in the media, and then wait for an inevitable defeat?

Same with the league game. Got to be excited to go to a big game under lights. Anything can happen. A result could well kick start our season. As Farke says the book of the season is not closed yet.

Do others just trudge to the ground, head bowed, wait for an inevitable defeat?

And whatever happened to One City Strong?

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Yes. Win both and it kick starts a belief we can catch up our league rivals and sets up exciting cup match or matches. It's mouth watering.....but then like I say, we could lose both......but then that is not something to dwell on and I'm just looking forward to see us really going for it - and I hope everyone else is too. 

😂

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It's the way we are. The cup game in particular. The very first thought after we win through a round is the draw for the next round. Doesn't anyone else get excited by that? Doesn't anyone else wonder who we'll get and when it's drawn dream of beating them and even getting to Wembley?

Do others not care, happy to wait until you come across the draw in the media, and then wait for an inevitable defeat?

Same with the league game. Got to be excited to go to a big game under lights. Anything can happen. A result could well kick start our season. As Farke says the book of the season is not closed yet.

If there is another trench war.. you and Lakey... me? I would look at the facts and run a mile.

I admire your positivity though.. fair play.

• Like 1

I think that we have to be realistic and assume the league is lost to us once again.The brevity of our stay at the top table is becoming monotonous and annoying. The gap is too big. The team lacks the right ingredients to compete against the best. Sheff.U could well be a one off and they could just as easily slip next season. Villa spent big and are still likely to accompany us.

One slight Lakeyism to expound is that after Leicester our home games are, on paper, somewhat easier propositions.

On the other hand the one-off cup game might well suit us as it is the way things have gone this season. Most of our better performances seem to have been against the better teams ... they bring out the best in us for some strange reason. We could even fluke it for once. Jose Mourinho's unpredictability and eccentricity seems to have spread to his team. They were brilliant and awful in equal doses in that last tv game against Chelsea.

At least it should be a decent pay day because I believe that in the FA Cup the pot is split between the two teams ...minus FA cut.

Win at Spurs and we could well be onto something ....but it's a tough ask.

Edited by BroadstairsR

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Yes. Win both and it kick starts a belief we can catch up our league rivals and sets up exciting cup match or matches. It's mouth watering.....but then like I say, we could lose both......but then that is not something to dwell on and I'm just looking forward to see us really going for it - and I hope everyone else is too. 

We have been saying we just need to win this game and that but let's be honest we just have not managed to kick start our season so far so i honestly can't see it happening. We thought we could have beaten Wolves but we didn't. DF seems to be leaving the creative players out (Mario and Emi) so I don't see us getting anywhere near escaping relegation. 

It's been a very frustrating season.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Lakey is not 7 years old .

I’ll let you into a little secret, Midlands, as it appears you’re not aware. Bullying, although associated with juveniles, is not actually solely confined only towards, and between, children. There is no age limit.

There is nothing offensive about his post, other than you don’t share his opinion. Just because you’ve got us as already relegated, which is your valid opinion, doesn’t mean he can’t be feeling excited about the 2 upcoming games. It’s looking unlikely, of course, but that’s not to say it can’t be the turning point irrespective of what some deem the ‘reality’ of the situation. Seen it happen with Leicester, West Ham, Crystal Palace and Sunderland in recent years, and no doubt there’s more that I’m forgetting. None of them were given the slightest chance. They were gone, apparently the worst teams in the league in their respective seasons. But they stuck their fingers up to their detractors and pulled themselves out of it. Because only at the end of the season can you truly look at the table and say ‘they were the worst’. 10 games to go. 30 points to play for. A massive quarter of the season left. Will fate wait until the start of next term to reset the form button? We shall see, but there’s no hard and fast rules as to when that can happen. Just ask Leicester, West Ham, Crystal Palace and Sunderland 👍🏼

Looking forward to Friday night myself. OTBC

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

10 games to go. 30 points to play for.

11 games and 33 points to go actually. Which just means there is even more opportunity for us to do the impossible, maybe even do the double over Man City. COYY

I'm excited for a potential cup run. Timed my holiday terribly though so I cant make the spurs game.

The league, it just isn't happening.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, king canary said:

The league, it just isn't happening.

The league is ' happening ' kaceyo!

Just that its ' happening' without us.

In all seriousness  though,  I wont be giving up hope until there is none, no matter how daft that may seem . Happy to be bullied for this opinion as the last person that tried to bully me regretted  it. Not accusing you of bullying btw but the ' piling on' on Lakeyo  doesnt sit well with me, yep  , he's  a contrary  old fish, but he doesn't half keep his own pecker up....and gives me a chuckle most days. 

Keep it up LDC. I can't hear that fat old lady singing just yet either. 

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 3

Looking forward to tomorrow night first of all. Then yes, everyone should be a little excited about the cup game, even if our chances are incredibly slim!

7 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I think that we have to be realistic and assume the league is lost to us once again.The brevity of our stay at the top table is becoming monotonous and annoying. The gap is too big. The team lacks the right ingredients to compete against the best. Sheff.U could well be a one off and they could just as easily slip next season. Villa spent big and are still likely to accompany us.

One slight Lakeyism to expound is that after Leicester our home games are, on paper, somewhat easier propositions.

On the other hand the one-off cup game might well suit us as it is the way things have gone this season. Most of our better performances seem to have been against the better teams ... they bring out the best in us for some strange reason. We could even fluke it for once. Jose Mourinho's unpredictability and eccentricity seems to have spread to his team. They were brilliant and awful in equal doses in that last tv game against Chelsea.

At least it should be a decent pay day because I believe that in the FA Cup the pot is split between the two teams ...minus FA cut.

Win at Spurs and we could well be onto something ....but it's a tough ask.

I agree with this. I'm not with LDC in his excitement , but I have respect for it and if he is excited , that's good for him. I hope we can keep the cup run going and at least get something positive out of this very disappointing season. So the excitement for me ,will be going to WHL and cheering the lads on in the cup.

#otbc

Edited by ROBFLECK

6 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I’ll let you into a little secret, Midlands, as it appears you’re not aware. Bullying, although associated with juveniles, is not actually solely confined only towards, and between, children. There is no age limit.

There is nothing offensive about his post, other than you don’t share his opinion. Just because you’ve got us as already relegated, which is your valid opinion, doesn’t mean he can’t be feeling excited about the 2 upcoming games. It’s looking unlikely, of course, but that’s not to say it can’t be the turning point irrespective of what some deem the ‘reality’ of the situation. Seen it happen with Leicester, West Ham, Crystal Palace and Sunderland in recent years, and no doubt there’s more that I’m forgetting. None of them were given the slightest chance. They were gone, apparently the worst teams in the league in their respective seasons. But they stuck their fingers up to their detractors and pulled themselves out of it. Because only at the end of the season can you truly look at the table and say ‘they were the worst’. 10 games to go. 30 points to play for. A massive quarter of the season left. Will fate wait until the start of next term to reset the form button? We shall see, but there’s no hard and fast rules as to when that can happen. Just ask Leicester, West Ham, Crystal Palace and Sunderland 👍🏼

Looking forward to Friday night myself. OTBC

Having slept on it I also have woke up even more excited than anyone else who has contributed to this thread. 

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Having slept on it I also have woke up even more excited than anyone else who has contributed to this thread. 

I'm just happy to have woken up at all.😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

As a Norwich fan I do not expect to win everything as I leave that to the top four plastics therefore I enjoy our success and critique our defeats. I too look forward to every game. We are not a club on a downward curve.  

I am surprised to read that positivity is now regarded as trolling on here.

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That made me chuckle into my mocha.

A bully that drinks Mocha? 

I’m getting a picture of Rapunzel here, and trust me Lakey, you have NOTHING to worry about! 

To be fair as a one off match all of the league games are still exciting. The chance to take a few big scalps before we go down. The league itself has lost all excitement for me. The cup is exciting and as NN says, if we get through the excitement of seeing who we get next

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

The league is ' happening ' kaceyo!

Just that its ' happening' without us.

In all seriousness  though,  I wont be giving up hope until there is none, no matter how daft that may seem . Happy to be bullied for this opinion as the last person that tried to bully me regretted  it. Not accusing you of bullying btw but the ' piling on' on Lakeyo  doesnt sit well with me, yep  , he's  a contrary  old fish, but he doesn't half keep his own pecker up....and gives me a chuckle most days. 

Keep it up LDC. I can't hear that fat old lady singing just yet either. 

Each to their own.

It is certainly unfair to 'pile on' to someone for the sin of being excited. I do understand some raising an eyebrow at the idea these are the 'make or break' games though. Especially as if we lose to Leicester I have no doubt he'll be telling us that actually the next league game is the one that can get us right back into it.

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Has LDC hacked your account Nutty ? 😉

With one more sleep ‘ til Leicester and a whole five until Spurs it’s a bit like waiting for Christmas for some on here.

Of course it’s possible that we’ll get good results. To be honest with Son and Kane out I think we’ve got a better chance at Spurs but with no goals in open play for 536 minutes or whatever it is the omens don’t look good.

53 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

A bully that drinks Mocha? 

I’m getting a picture of Rapunzel here, and trust me Lakey, you have NOTHING to worry about! 

A bully ! My bullying attempts on this thread wouldn’t make the top 500 of snide remarks towards Lakey and they are all on here if you wish to search. 

8 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Have you ever been assessed for bipolar Lakey? I have several relatives who suffer from it and the wild changes in your outlook would suggest a possible chemical imbalance? 

What? Bi-polar? Are you serious? I too know about the condition and have people close to me with it. The huge cross overs in that condition are not to be taken lightly.

I get excited when we do well and disappointed when we do badly, ecstatic when we get a great victory or promotion, devastated when we get relegated, but I do not let it undermine what is real - and being "real" for me is accepting that the future is yet to happen and that in football (and in most things) nothing is certain until it has happened (including promotion).  Uncertainty as to what will happen is what brings it to life.

I can't imagine what it must be like to those who at the start of the season said "we are certain to be relegated"......I wonder do they actually feel some kind of satisfaction because it seems their certainty is going happen?  Certainty is a false mindset - and just as at Leicester a few seasons ago, who were down and out with just ten games to go, I am sure there were plenty there who were certain they were going to be relegated, had given up, had accepted relagation - so their certainty was a false mindset. 

All you have to do is believe that the future has not been written and that anything can still happen. 

• Like 1

Sort yourself out, TeemuVanBasten.

Your vile homophobic comments on the Justin Fashanu thread not many days ago and now this mental heath attack. All very unusual. 

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

What? Bi-polar? Are you serious? I too know about the condition and have people close to me with it. The huge cross overs in that condition are not to be taken lightly.

I get excited when we do well and disappointed when we do badly, ecstatic when we get a great victory or promotion, devastated when we get relegated, but I do not let it undermine what is real - and being "real" for me is accepting that the future is yet to happen and that in football (and in most things) nothing is certain until it has happened (including promotion).  Uncertainty as to what will happen is what brings it to life.

I can't imagine what it must be like to those who at the start of the season said "we are certain to be relegated"......I wonder do they actually feel some kind of satisfaction because it seems their certainty is going happen?  Certainty is a false mindset - and just as at Leicester a few seasons ago, who were down and out with just ten games to go, I am sure there were plenty there who were certain they were going to be relegated, had given up, had accepted relagation - so their certainty was a false mindset. 

All you have to do is believe that the future has not been written and that anything can still happen. 

I hear what you’re saying, Lakey. I think a lot of people actually were very hopeful at the start of the season like you and I, but you can’t blame them for thinking it’s done now, because it doesn’t look good, there’s no denying that. That said, as you and others have have pointed out on numerous occasions, there are still a lot of points to be played for, more than what I realised actually (well spotted @BaltimoreBird😜). If all of our rivals were all picking up good results consistently then we’d be in a lot deeper water than we are, yet every week they almost taunt us by doing nothing themselves. We have to take advantage of that, and be that Leicester or Sunderland etc. Looking at the fixtures this weekend, I don’t expect many of them to pick up points, and in fairness they will probably be more than happy seeing we also have a very tough game. The chances are Leicester will take the points, that is what I’m prepared for, but until it’s happened I remain hopeful. And I’m also very aware that this group of players have proven that they are capable of winning a big game that we were not meant to win. And if we did, I think the timing of the win could be massive. 3 points behind in the league or so, going into a cup game that we definitely have a reasonable chance in, if we won that too then I believe it would give our players so much belief that it may just be the catalyst needed before some very winnable home games. We have a chance for sure.

The upcoming games would have been even more exciting if we'd taken a point off Villa, West Ham and Watford rather than 3 from Man City. Had that been the case Villa would have been on 24, the other two on 23 and us on 21 points - now that would have been interesting.

50 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Sort yourself out, TeemuVanBasten.

Your vile homophobic comments on the Justin Fashanu thread not many days ago and now this mental heath attack. All very unusual. 

I stopped paying attention to this poster when they slated a fellow forum user for where they were based - calling it a s***hole and by association the poster was idiotic. This wasn't isolated, they don't seem to stop posting offensive, non-sensical cr@p, not funny, just for the sake of being a terrible human being. Sometimes it's childish just because you can see they have no response, but heaven forbid they don't have some sort of last word...

Also amusing every time they start a thread that it's just an opportunity for them to argue with absolutely everyone who replies to it! I can;t be the only one to have noticed that...!

Honestly, I'm surprised anyone reads their posts anymore.

Edited by Flying Dutchman

15 hours ago, lake district canary said:

So much doom mongering around on here sometimes, but anyone else really excited by the matches coming up?  If there were two matches I could get to this season it would be the next two as they will make or break our season.  Win against Leicester and we are back in the hunt in the league, win against Spurs and we have a big cup run in process.

So is it just me that is excoted by what's coming up, not just the midweek cup game but the league game too?  I'm away from Norfolk so I don't get the "vibe" and can only go on what I see in matches and read on here - but is there enough excitement at our prospects and the games coming up?   We could lose both games, I know, but the prize for winning either or both is huge.

So what's not to get excited about? 

In all honestly, I think 'hugely excited' is a stretch Lakey.

I always get excited for a game, it's difficult not to really. But I've been telling myself for about 6 or 7 games now 'This one, we need to win this one' and it's just not coming, we truly are running out of games for the season to 'kick start', so I am trying to also be cautiously realistic.

I will only accept relegation when it happens, 'it's the hope that gets you' as they say, however it is hard to see it becoming more likely with each game.

That being said, it doesn't and never has deterred me from supporting the team, whatever game I am at and whoever the opponents are.