Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

The only country in the world that has done a trade deal that makes it harder to trade.🤨

This is from a UK based company.

"WE ARE POSTPONING RE-OPENING THE WEBSITE TO ORDERS FROM ALL EU COUNTRIES. THIS IS BECAUSE WE ARE STILL TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT PRICE WE ARE TO SELL AT."

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

No, they left, according to Moy, because you were all layabouts who just wanted 16 hours and then go on benefits.

What ? they were the most productive factory in the Honda network. where did you hear that ?

21 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

What ? they were the most productive factory in the Honda network. where did you hear that ?

Moy said so.

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:
13 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Moy said so.

Don't listen to him he's wrong 

Discord at the victory parade?

7 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Go back and read what RTB posted, he was complaining that the current system means that they cannot get staff to work more than 16 hours. I pointed out it was due to IDS's design.

Then you start trying to blame Gordon Brown. You're an idiot.

It was the issue from 2004.   Nothing has changed.

13 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I remember you lot saying it would be mayhem at the crossing to the EU 

Where is it ?

The UK government has said non essential travel abroad isnt allowed at the moment. And people are not travelling as much locally. In half an hour, they might even be told to restrict what travelling they have been doing 

And most countries in Europe are not letting UK citizens in, unless they are residents in those countries....even then, it's a bit of a struggle 

And many haulage firms are not running abroad, as they tried to do as much as they can before 1st January

So there isn't a lot of traffic 

I think those might be the reasons 

Which is why I advise wait a few months to see the effect of the deal.....it's pointless at the moment to make a judgement 

"I remember you lot saying it would be mayhem at the crossing to the EU  " mouse brain

Bicycle part firm Dutch Bike Bits said from now on, it would ship to every country in the world except the UK. "We are forced by British policy to stop dealing with British customers," it said on its website.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55530721

"Another firm, Belgium-based Beer On Web, said it was now shunning the UK "due to the new Brexit measures". The companies are angry because they now face higher costs and increased bureaucracy in order to comply with UK tax authorities."

"At the same time, international shipping companies including Federal Express and TNT have said they are levying additional charges on shipments between the UK and the EU.  They said this reflected the increased investment they had had to make in adjusting their systems to cope with Brexit."

So as stated way back, this nonsense is costing more and adding more red tape and delay..... and we have barely begun 🙄

Edited by Bill

The Government said there would be some miner hic ups over the first few weeks which you remainers jump at, but where are the BIG  lines of lorries you all predicted would happen ? 

Well knowing Boris and his team "some miner hic ups" may well be the extent of their understanding of the English language.

re lorries. Anyone with any sense would have made sure to re-schedule their deliveries to avoid the first week or so post-Brexit. 

7 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

The Government said there would be some miner hic ups

I thought the Tories had managed to destroy the mining industry. If the few left are suffering hiccups it's probably a case of pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. 

• Confused 1

It's already happened. Everyone stockpiled pre brexit. Didn't you see the trucks in Kent? 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

I ask again, where are the lorries all lined up to cross into the EU due to control problems, you lot all said it would happen.  

The fact that you have asked this question demonstrates how the Leave campaign were able to get enough idiots to vote for them.

You claim to have been a manager in a large car plant but you give the impression you got there by winning a raffle.

Go on then. Or you could simply check to see why there isn't much traffic at the ports. 

RIDICULES someone tell the F.UCKWIT how it should be spelt please. Just a "MINER" error on his part i'm sure.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Herman said:

Go on then. Or you could simply check to see why there isn't much traffic at the ports. 

Or @SwindonCanary could advise us how much traffic is actually going through the ports and the workings of the Kent Access Permit?

Mr Davey Lamp, the miners co-alition reprssentitave stated that the number of unicrons cooming thru the tunnel is ridicholas Swindim Advertiser

Meanwhile back on planet earth

"Chris Parker, Director of Capacity at DFDS said: “As we expected, the amount of traffic has dropped quite sharply since New Year’s Eve. It always happens in the New Year anyway but with the Brexit stockpiling we saw in December it’s even lower than it would normally be. We’re about 60% below what we’d normally have.”

Edited by Bill

the spread of venereal disease is all too real

two VD germs were crossing the road near to the Dover port when one was almost hit by a lorry

"phew, I was nearly a gonner 'ere" he said

1 hour ago, SHRIMPER said:

Sneak peek into F.UCKWIT SWINDOs workshop.

EoMA5WOXcAkIQ5f.jpg

Only the biggest one missing!!!

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

I ask again, where are the lorries all lined up to cross into the EU due to control problems, you lot all said it would happen.  

Oh dear! Do try and follow the news. The RHA has already said that many companies have avoided putting their trucks on the road this week to avoid the chaos. As has been said several times, you need to wait and see what happens when there is normal traffic volume. This isn't difficult to understand.

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Admit it, you were all wrong ! I can go back and look at what some of you wrote, it was utterly ridicules.  

Nothing is quite as "ridicules" as your spelling and word choice.