Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

I thought they were talking about Johnson.

Now I'll leave the fantasy world of PM and RTB. It's just dust too far removed from any actual reality.

I know how you feel.

How do politicians work hard? Sometimes they may work long hours but all they do is make decisions. Just like 3 times a year Chairmen.

No knighthoods for working 12 hours a day on a conveyor belt at minus 5.

If actors and artistes are such hard workers why are they still able to do it in their seventies?

Johnson hasn't done a days work in his life but tells us "we are working hard to get the vaccine". Trump plays golf all day!

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Universal Credit wasn't designed by Gordon Brown.

I never said it was but it was Brown's tax credits system that encouraged single mothers to work a maximum 16 hours a week for over-generous top-ups.

Just now, paul moy said:

Indeed but you ignore the previous history and why universal credits were brought in.

I haven’t done anything just looked up who introduced Universal credits

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, paul moy said:

I never said it was but it was Brown's tax credits system that encouraged single mothers to work a maximum 16 hours a week for over-generous top-ups.

And you earn every penny of your income I suppose?

11 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Not a chance. This is quislings corner after all.

They prefer wailing in a little huddle and feeding off each other's impending misfortune. Constantly upvoting each other in order to maintain the misery of their own convictions.

The Kleenex brigade.

It's why the silent majority, for the most part, avoid this thread. Both depressing and amusing at the same time.

It needs a good dose of tier 4 to even bother getting involved.

don't make it too obvious bedstains

it takes away a lot of the fun 😉

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

don't make it too obvious bedstains

it takes away a lot of the fun 😉

Feeling the pressure potty-mouth?

1 hour ago, paul moy said:

The current system is UC, it was designed by IDS. The system you are blaming no longer exists.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/universal-credit-work-allowances/universal-credit-work-allowances

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Didn't even pretend to tell the truth, he really has nothing at the moment positive to say about Brexit. Difference between reality and his boosterism is stark.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I know how you feel.

How do politicians work hard? Sometimes they may work long hours but all they do is make decisions. Just like 3 times a year Chairmen.

No knighthoods for working 12 hours a day on a conveyor belt at minus 5.

If actors and artistes are such hard workers why are they still able to do it in their seventies?

Johnson hasn't done a days work in his life but tells us "we are working hard to get the vaccine". Trump plays golf all day!

I will stand to be corrected but I can’t see any knighthood ( dames ) for Sarah Gilbert and Andrew Pollard ect either. Guarantee what’s his name the vaccine minister will get one.

15 hours ago, Well b back said:

I haven’t done anything just looked up who introduced Universal credits

Exactly,  so you ignore the original problem created by Brown that Duncan-Smith attempted to resolve via Universal Credit.

13 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

The current system is UC, it was designed by IDS. The system you are blaming no longer exists.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/universal-credit-work-allowances/universal-credit-work-allowances

Universal credits were brought in to make the system easier but working tax credits were implemented by Gordon Brown in 2004.

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Why does he have to mislead ( maybe lie ) all the time. I am sure there are some real good benefits as well over the next few years why not talk about them. It’s like the vaccine totally misleading when the truth would have been very exciting, in a few months time it all backfires on him. All he does is upset people Pfizer a good example.

2 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Exactly,  so you ignore the original problem created by Brown that Duncan-Smith attempted to resolve via Universal Credit.

It was asked who brought it in.

Just like Johnson it’s not all about you every time. 

8 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Universal credits were brought in to make the system easier but working tax credits were implemented by Gordon Brown in 2004.

Go back and read what RTB posted, he was complaining that the current system means that they cannot get staff to work more than 16 hours. I pointed out it was due to IDS's design.

Then you start trying to blame Gordon Brown. You're an idiot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Working Tax Credits was a pretty good system to eleviate working poverty. Since IDS's UC system came in we have seen a massive rise in food ban usage & poverty.

Big Sam struggling to buy players. 3 potentials have fallen through because of new rules. 

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

Why does he have to mislead ( maybe lie ) all the time. I am sure there are some real good benefits as well over the next few years why not talk about them. It’s like the vaccine totally misleading when the truth would have been very exciting, in a few months time it all backfires on him. All he does is upset people Pfizer a good example.

He did not mislead ( maybe lie ) to me, everything he said can be read in both ways which the BBC try hard to disprove ! They are clearly not doing a good job of it. 

49 minutes ago, Herman said:

Big Sam struggling to buy players. 3 potentials have fallen through because of new rules. 

Well there's  a benefit for a start👍😁

13 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

He did not mislead ( maybe lie ) to me, everything he said can be read in both ways which the BBC try hard to disprove ! They are clearly not doing a good job of it.

Fantastic, apparently he didn't mislead the board's resident idiot because nothing he said was clear enough that he could be held to it (according to said idiot)

41 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Yippee!

38 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

In the real world, that’s not the way us moderate people that voted for him see it. I can pick up on a lot of that interview where the facts were absolutely amazingly good, but he decided to add his own spin that made him look like he was misleading, when there was absolutely no need to. They were nothing to do with the EU yet he still turned them into attacks on Europe.

Still didn’t announce when the £350 million a week would go to the NHS, guess that was a meaningless number as well.

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

In the real world, that’s not the way us moderate people that voted for him see it. I can pick up on a lot of that interview where the facts were absolutely amazingly good, but he decided to add his own spin that made him look like he was misleading, when there was absolutely no need to. They were nothing to do with the EU yet he still turned them into attacks on Europe.

Still didn’t announce when the £350 million a week would go to the NHS, guess that was a meaningless number as well.

34 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Fantastic, apparently he didn't mislead the board's resident idiot because nothing he said was clear enough that he could be held to it (according to said idiot)

It's the same as you lot saying Honda left due to Brexit, when all in the know say it is not true. 

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

It's the same as you lot saying Honda left due to Brexit, when all in the know say it is not true. 

Why my lot ? I voted for him ? I voted for Brexit to be done ? ( tin hat on ) - I may well vote Tory in the next election, but certainly not, for the first time in my voting life if Johnson or any of his mates are in charge. 

Like I have said on a different thread, he may well be telling the truth, his decisions maybe spot on, but using a football term he has ‘ lost the dressing room ‘ us moderates that voted for him. People are comparing him to Trump, that might of been good a few months ago, but not anymore.

People used to just laugh at his misleading comments, but in a Pandemic the world has to get very serious.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Why my lot ? I voted for him ? I voted for Brexit to be done ? ( tin hat on ) - I may well vote Tory in the next election, but certainly not, for the first time in my voting life if Johnson or any of his mates are in charge. 

Like I have said on a different thread, he may well be telling the truth, his decisions maybe spot on, but using a football term he has ‘ lost the dressing room ‘ us moderates that voted for him. People are comparing him to Trump, that might of been good a few months ago, but not anymore.

People used to just laugh at his misleading comments, but in a Pandemic the world has to get very serious.

Sorry !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

We are posters on a football message board. He is Prime Minister, it is not the same.

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

No, they left, according to Moy, because you were all layabouts who just wanted 16 hours and then go on benefits.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

No, they left, according to Moy, because you were all layabouts who just wanted 16 hours and then go on benefits.

I think they left because of the weirdo that used to stare at them through binoculars all day.