Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

4 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

I recall Jeremy Clarkson being vilified for describing a bridge as having a slope. The picture of the bridge did indeed show it to have an incline. It also showed an asian man walking on it. I was amazed to learn that slope is also a pejorative term for an asian. Now I have no idea what Clarkson meant when he said slope but it showed me how one can innocently use a word only to be abused by those who interpret it to suit their desire to be offended.

Whereas I would have a lot of sympathy with Clarkson in that example - 'Picatinny' has no other meaning nor is it a common word.

16 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

I recall Jeremy Clarkson being vilified for describing a bridge as having a slope. The picture of the bridge did indeed show it to have an incline. It also showed an asian man walking on it. I was amazed to learn that slope is also a pejorative term for an asian. Now I have no idea what Clarkson meant when he said slope but it showed me how one can innocently use a word only to be abused by those who interpret it to suit their desire to be offended.

What a load of utter bull cr@p.

5 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

Why isn’t it credible Fish? Do you work on building sites, or mix with people that do? If not how would you know what happens on them? On site you get many different trades and companies thrown together, mostly from poorer backgrounds, and you have to get along and plan the job along with everybody else. Every site you’re with a different group of trades, it simply wouldn’t work if the industry was a hive of racist, sexist, homophobic bigots. 

You preach tolerance yet seem strangely intolerant of people who have a different viewpoint to yourself. You simply accuse me of being a liar when my experience doesn’t fit your preconceived narrative 

It is not credible because you are one of those "I say what I like and I like what I say" types. It is all " in my opinion" for you and you never have anything to back this up, or when you do try you embarrass yourself with errors. Remember the ECJ or ECHR confusion.

Now who do I believe, you posting on a football site making embarassing errors or the Equality & Human Rights Commission. Excuse me if I think they are credible and you are not.

Race Discrimination in the Construction Industry: A Thematic Review

Research findings In summary, research into the construction industry presents a picture of an industry which is not doing enough to reduce the restricted opportunities that ethnic minorities have to enter it and progress. Although some movement has been recorded as a result of the recommendations of various studies, this has had little impact to date on the inclusion of representative numbers of ethnic minority people in the industry. Recent research has confirmed that the broad picture that emerged in earlier research is still common across the country. This review has highlighted some key issues: • the under-representation of ethnic minorities, including in managerial and professional roles • low levels of awareness within ethnic minority communities of the wide range of opportunities in construction • differences in the educational and training experiences of ethnic minorities compared with white people  • high levels of representation in further and higher education are not helping to increase representation in the industry • prevalence of word-of-mouth recruitment and tendering practices • a lack of informal information networks within ethnic minority communities about work in the construction industry • persistent perceptions of racism in the industry • lack of implementation and monitoring of equal opportunities policies

Edited by BigFish

26 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

His exact phrase was "It's a proud moment but there's a slope on it". Make of that what you will. Top Gear's executive producer, Andy Wilman, said the remark was meant to be a "light-hearted wordplay joke"... so the implication even from his own producer is that he knew exactly what he was saying.

Clarkson lives not too far away from me, and is known to frequent country pubs in my vicinity. He is also known to be not very subtle in some of his less "PC" views when it comes to race and foreigners when he has had a few. Again, make of that what you will, I've never seen him in a pub round here but I've heard enough people tell me at various points they have to figure there's no smoke without fire, and indeed he has hardly avoided controversy with other comments.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/may/01/top-gear-jeremy-clarkson-top-10-controversial-moments-bbc

44 minutes ago, kick it off said:

His exact phrase was "It's a proud moment but there's a slope on it". Make of that what you will. Top Gear's executive producer, Andy Wilman, said the remark was meant to be a "light-hearted wordplay joke"... so the implication even from his own producer is that he knew exactly what he was saying.

Clarkson lives not too far away from me, and is known to frequent country pubs in my vicinity. He is also known to be not very subtle in some of his less "PC" views when it comes to race and foreigners when he has had a few. Again, make of that what you will, I've never seen him in a pub round here but I've heard enough people tell me at various points they have to figure there's no smoke without fire, and indeed he has hardly avoided controversy with other comments.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/may/01/top-gear-jeremy-clarkson-top-10-controversial-moments-bbc

Thanks KIO - It seems I was being too kind and understanding with Clarkson before now given the full story. Clearly an oaf.

Edited by Yellow Fever
oaf /əʊf/ noun : a man who is rough or clumsy and unintelligent. "they are just big, clumsy oafs"

2 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Can’t you just come up with SOMETHING?!

All you do is spout s hite, Swindon.

get your back up did I 😁

Oh look Swindo is spouting someone else’s ill conceived ****e without being able to engage his brain and think for himself. There’s a shock. There was insufficient evidence because the victims did not want to appear in court. Without being privy to the files, you have absolutely no idea if What was left without witness testimony constituted anything approaching the threshold to take it to trial... Starmer also was not the person who decided the threshold for trial wasn’t met, he was the director and as such was responsible for overall leadership of the department, not micromanagement on a case by case basis... the lawyer who did take that decision was criticized in the review but it wasn’t starmer... There were institutional failings but to try and twist paedophilia into suiting your agenda is on the sick side of utter moron.

That is why people think you’re thick Swindo, because you regularly display a level of basic critical thinking that is more akin to a stuffed toy than a human being.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Did you have a point to make there RTB?

Perhaps it’s better to never say sorry and never help either? 

Or hold your hand up and apologise and then move forward together in cooperation?

Edited by Surfer

22 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

image.thumb.png.cf0dc4988319c8156023649f2a6f38e5.png

Sexual abuse/Coronavirus. Is there no subject you won’t stoop to, to prove your political points? You really are a very sick individual. A very childish and low IQ one at that.

Try fact checking and expressing your own thoughts and opinions for a change, Swindo.

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

Given that Clarkson is an expert on motor cars and roads he’d know full well that almost every bridge has a slope across its width or it’s length or both. So it’s obvious by using the “but” that he meant to word play on slope as slang for Chinese. Take that as you will, either funny or offensive. But surly not an innocent mistake.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Whereas I would have a lot of sympathy with Clarkson in that example - 'Picatinny' has no other meaning nor is it a common word.

Actually in US it’s quite common. The Picatinny Arsenal in New Jersey creates small arms and accessories for the US Military, and the mount on top of a rifle that holds scopes and other accessories is called a Picatinny Rail or a Pic. 

That said, I’m sure what he said was Picaninny and the spell checker has probably changed it to Picatinny in your post YF. 

56 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

What you've posted there is that the Police didn't do thier job properly by presenting evidence that the CPS could use to get a conviction.

40 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Actually in US it’s quite common. The Picatinny Arsenal in New Jersey creates small arms and accessories for the US Military, and the mount on top of a rifle that holds scopes and other accessories is called a Picatinny Rail or a Pic. 

That said, I’m sure what he said was Picaninny and the spell checker has probably changed it to Picatinny in your post YF. 

Yes - Picatinny  Arsenal - Been there! (Actually its brain freeze - I recall looking at it as I typed - but auto pilot (that's me) not the spell-checker kept going 🙂

Edited by Yellow Fever

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

What you've posted there is that the Police didn't do thier job properly by presenting evidence that the CPS could use to get a conviction.

The man in charge decided 'insignificant evidence '

19 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Yes, the Police's job is to get significant evidence, if they don't the CPS won't go to court. What you posted was the Police failing to get enough significant evidence.

You need to explain why the Police failed, there were 496 other victims, did the Police just give up?

4 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

What a load of utter bull cr@p.

Your response leads me to the conclusion that you sre one of those who abuse people for any view you disagree with. That’s the problem with freedom of speech - it allows people to hold views you don’t like. Such an attitude is only a short road to the gulags and concentration camps. Take a good look at yourself.

• Like 1

No, I think he came to the conclusion that your initial statement on Clarkson was utter bull crap, and after reading it, I heartily concur with him.

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

Given that Clarkson is an expert on motor cars and roads he’d know full well that almost every bridge has a slope across its width or it’s length or both. So it’s obvious by using the “but” that he meant to word play on slope as slang for Chinese. Take that as you will, either funny or offensive. But surly not an innocent mistake.

As I posted I have no idea what Clarkson’s motivation was for what he said. The essential point of my post was that I had never heard the term slope as a pejorative term for asians. I also had no idea why it should be and used it as an example of how something could be said in complete innocence.

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

No, I think he came to the conclusion that your initial statement on Clarkson was utter bull crap, and after reading it, I heartily concur with him.

Are you calling me a liar for saying I had never heard of the word slope being used as a pejorative term for an asian?

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

No, the lawyer in charge (not Starmer, as has already been pointed out to you) decided insufficient evidence - when the victims refused to take the stand in court. I would wager that without testimony from the victims, it's rather difficult to obtain a conviction in **** crime dating back decades given a lack of physical evidence etc. 

17 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Are you calling me a liar for saying I had never heard of the word slope being used as a pejorative term for an asian?

That bit of your post was OK, it was the rest that was bull cr@p.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

As I posted I have no idea what Clarkson’s motivation was for what he said. The essential point of my post was that I had never heard the term slope as a pejorative term for asians. I also had no idea why it should be and used it as an example of how something could be said in complete innocence.

Slope is a "popular" term for Asians in Australia, normally aimed at Vietnamese. Top Gear was popular in Australia so I assume this was aimed at his base over there. He knew what he was doing.

6 hours ago, BigFish said:

It is not credible because you are one of those "I say what I like and I like what I say" types. It is all " in my opinion" for you and you never have anything to back this up, or when you do try you embarrass yourself with errors. Remember the ECJ or ECHR confusion.

Now who do I believe, you posting on a football site making embarassing errors or the Equality & Human Rights Commission. Excuse me if I think they are credible and you are not.

Race Discrimination in the Construction Industry: A Thematic Review

Research findings In summary, research into the construction industry presents a picture of an industry which is not doing enough to reduce the restricted opportunities that ethnic minorities have to enter it and progress. Although some movement has been recorded as a result of the recommendations of various studies, this has had little impact to date on the inclusion of representative numbers of ethnic minority people in the industry. Recent research has confirmed that the broad picture that emerged in earlier research is still common across the country. This review has highlighted some key issues: • the under-representation of ethnic minorities, including in managerial and professional roles • low levels of awareness within ethnic minority communities of the wide range of opportunities in construction • differences in the educational and training experiences of ethnic minorities compared with white people  • high levels of representation in further and higher education are not helping to increase representation in the industry • prevalence of word-of-mouth recruitment and tendering practices • a lack of informal information networks within ethnic minority communities about work in the construction industry • persistent perceptions of racism in the industry • lack of implementation and monitoring of equal opportunities policies

Me confusing the names of two European Courts gas nothing to do with the current point. I’ve also never once said the “I like what I say” rubbish, you seem to be the one who completely dismisses the views of others that don’t match those of your own. 

As for that report you’ve linked, that has little to do with the attitude of site workers, who you’ve dismissed as racist bigots. When the report describes ethnic minorities, which group in particular? If you work in London there’s plenty of black lads on site, and the large numbers of Eastern Europeans is well documented. There’s a lot less Asian (Indian/Chinese) that work in the trades, however that’s more of a cultural thing than any bigotry from within the industry. I’d hazard a guess that Asians are over represented in terms of population in other areas such as Healthcare, so by the same token does that mean the NHS is racist towards other ethnicities? 

The other points you’ve highlighted, “a lack of awareness within ethnic minorities of the opportunities in construction” doesn’t mean the trades are racist, it simply means people within those communities don’t know much about the industry. This is because, as the report correctly suggests people within it get their jobs through informal channels, friends and good old fashioned nepotism. If large numbers of your ethnic group aren’t interested in joining the construction industry, and as a result you don’t know anybody inside it, it can be difficult getting a leg up. Trying to blame it on racism on the part of those already working inside it though is simply wrong. 

The final point mentions “persistent perceptions of racism in the industry” Again this doesn’t say the industry is racist, merely that there’s a perception of racism, namely people such as yourself who have no idea of the nature of the job dismissing all those within it as stupid, ignorant and bigoted.

Personally I’d say it’s more to do with snobbery, being predominantly a working class industry you look down on those within it as beneath you. 

Next time Jools drops a link to Guido in here, someone please point out to him (He's blocked for me so I won't see it) that his beloved source for his entire worldview is a man called Paul Staines, who tried to forge an alliance with BNP, and worked to perpetuate apartheid in South Africa. He also has 4 convictions, including two for drink driving. Just the sort of **** I'd expect Jools to admire.

I saw that Guido was trending on twitter so had a peak. Oh, doxxing a nurse worried about PPE. What quality journalism.🤨

And if Jools does climb back out of his bin can he find out why the Brexit Party are still begging their members for funding. Where are these millions of pounds going?

On 15/04/2020 at 01:04, Rock The Boat said:

Yes. The University of Oxford is well infected with the Marxist cultural virus

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/hopes-million-coronavirus-vaccines-september-21886757

The first human trials of a jab which is being developed at the University of Oxford are set to begin next week.

Although it is too early to say if it will be safe or effective, Professor Sarah Gilbert, who is leading the research, has previously said she is 80% confident it will be successful.

"This is my view, because I've worked with this technology a lot, and I've worked on the Mers-vaccine trials, and I've seen what that can do," the vaccinology professor said.

A professor who's 80% confident it will work, that's a good chance.

It's a shame for RTB that he'll have to pass on the vaccine due to being infected by Marxists. 😀

• Haha 2

On 16/04/2020 at 14:33, SwindonCanary said:

fatso and his magician Hancock will give you a badge, now duff your cap!

They have killed close to 20.000 with smirking uselessness and jibes at doctors and nurses. Now they have to ban elections as well to stay in power. Not to forget the 11 xmasses JS spend with his favourite woman Margaret Thatcher, a frock to hide behind.

I somehow think it unwise for Conservative voters to use Saville as a stick to best Starmer, especially with so much evidence showing Thatcher's friendship with him.

• Like 1