Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

9 hours ago, SHRIMPER said:

I think fvckwit SWINDO and this fvckwit share the same father.

swin.jpg

You are wrong once again !  my only connection with Swindon is that I married a Swindon girl, nothing else except that's where I live. wrong wrong and wrong again don't you get fed up with it ?

Is she the one who went off with S, or is she just another figment of your very very dull imagination Swindo?

Edited by SHRIMPER

Good day good people and remainers 😉

I hope you are all keeping well

The Eurozone is about to get interesting

What do you think will happen?

Now if you would like to look at something different and if you care about the environment I suggest you watch the new documentary by Michael Moore 

It certainly is an eye opener 

Edit @Van wink you'll find this interesting

Edited by Bagster
Inserted

20 minutes ago, Bagster said:

Remind me, who are these guys again?

• Haha 1

Is that all you have?

I thought it would be an interesting topic for discussion

I don't expect you'll watch it or the Michael Moore documentary but that'll be your loss not mine.

42 minutes ago, Bagster said:

Welcome back, Bagster. How is the lockdown going in Ille-et-Vilaine?

@PurpleCanaryIlle et villaine lockdown is actually quite enjoyable tbh.

My youngest not enjoying it so much stuck in an apartment in Rennes.

Once is enough though 😉

We'll have to do a Sweden in the next wave.

Having said that I don't fancy the WuFlu much as my brother had it for 5 weeks and didn't recommend at all.

I trust everyone is alive and well and still moaning about Brexit and right wing nutters 😁

5 hours ago, Bagster said:

Now if you would like to look at something different and if you care about the environment I suggest you watch the new documentary by Michael Moore 

It certainly is an eye opener 

Edit @Van wink you'll find this interesting

Hello Bagster, good to see you back mon ami.

I hope you and your family are keeping safe.

Yeh I'll certainly have a look at that. 

Funilly enough you were mentioned in dispatches last night, glad you managed to find your log in detaills :classic_biggrin:

Tell me, do you have to wear masks over there?  

Edited by Van wink

13 hours ago, Bagster said:

@PurpleCanaryIlle et villaine lockdown is actually quite enjoyable tbh.

My youngest not enjoying it so much stuck in an apartment in Rennes.

Once is enough though 😉

We'll have to do a Sweden in the next wave.

Having said that I don't fancy the WuFlu much as my brother had it for 5 weeks and didn't recommend at all.

I trust everyone is alive and well and still moaning about Brexit and right wing nutters 😁

I don't doubt there will be at least a second wave of this to get through later in the year. As for Brexit, total sweetness and light here! Not a cross word to be found...😜

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Van wink said:

Hello Bagster, good to see you back mon ami.

I hope you and your family are keeping safe.

Yeh I'll certainly have a look at that. 

Funilly enough you were mentioned in dispatches last night, glad you managed to find your log in detaills :classic_biggrin:

Tell me, do you have to wear masks over there?  

No face masks yet

Have to fill out a form every time we go out though

Failure to comply results in 135€ fine

Cities or Rennes at least is being buzzed by drones with thermal imaging cameras, very 1984.

Country is basically bankrupt as it has no lender of last resort, self employed getting screwed as usual.

Some of the major cities have seen unrest which is nothing new.

One good thing though, the yellow jackets have finally gone home 🙂15880626224441605881843783098284.thumb.jpg.d6087ee43c76f5591b0f1c42721f7016.jpg

On 26/04/2020 at 20:20, SwindonCanary said:

You are wrong once again !  my only connection with Swindon is that I married a Swindon girl,

Does she know about your instagram girlfriend?

Interesting point I just read, this should be the last week of David Cameron's 5 year, fixed term government. Chaos with Miliband or strong and stable with Cameron.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Herman said:

Interesting point I just read, this should be the last week of David Cameron's 5 year, fixed term government. Chaos with Miliband or strong and stable with Cameron.

It's about time we realised that none of them are strong and stable, even the Marxists have "self interest" at their heart.

Watch this Herman.....I'll even say please watch this 😉

strong and stable, just as the Titanic, how nice it all was why it lasted. I think the Scottish people, not their Government of Westminster clones, should apply the same negotiation tactics and deadline to announce their Independence than the English Government negotiation team of one is displaying in Brussels, i.e. just walk away from it, cancel the oil, gas and wiski payments to the exchequer, adopt their own currency and elect a new Government that actually wants to be Independent from the Westminster navel.

After all we have shown example on how to run away like a sly mangy fox.

On 26/04/2020 at 10:54, SHRIMPER said:

I think fvckwit SWINDO and this fvckwit share the same father.

swin.jpg

What happened to those on Twitter who tweeted they hoped Boris Johnson died of Coronavirus?

9 hours ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

strong and stable, just as the Titanic, how nice it all was why it lasted. I think the Scottish people, not their Government of Westminster clones, should apply the same negotiation tactics and deadline to announce their Independence than the English Government negotiation team of one is displaying in Brussels, i.e. just walk away from it, cancel the oil, gas and wiski payments to the exchequer, adopt their own currency and elect a new Government that actually wants to be Independent from the Westminster navel.

After all we have shown example on how to run away like a sly mangy fox.

Well first you would need a majority of Scots wanting independence. Next you'd want something to sell other than worthless oil and gas. Thirdly, any post independent taxes on oil gas and whisky would still go to the English exchequer except for the piddling amount of oil, gas and whisky consumed in Scotland. And what rate of taxation might befall on Scottish heads once English largesse is withdrawn?  If Scotland wishes to vote for poverty then go ahead!

Good old English exceptionalism. Isn't that what got us into this mess in the first place? 

7 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

shows you what is wrong with the common fishery's policy

You won. Isn't it about time you showed us the positives of Brexit rather than raking over old unimportant arguments? For example, what are we getting instead of rights like FOM that you have casually thrown away? 

The positives of brexit.

Lowering the population

Becoming more self sufficient

Training our young instead of stealing the talent pool of other countries

Stop sending British grown produce to the EU for packaging

Did you watch that film yet or do you like sticking your head in the sand.

Keeping power local so we can understand who is responsible

Removing the ease of coperate lobbying, where they can kill twenty eight birds with one stone

Being able to make laws and regulations that are bespoke to our country's needs.

Not having to bail out the Eurozone when the euro inevitable goes pop.

Fom has not been thrown away, you get a job and then you move. 

Edited by Bagster

2 hours ago, Herman said:

You won. Isn't it about time you showed us the positives of Brexit rather than raking over old unimportant arguments? For example, what are we getting instead of rights like FOM that you have casually thrown away? 

As the man points out, the EU still believe they have a right to fish in our waters, time they treated us as a independent country. 

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

As the man points out, the EU still believe they have a right to fish in our waters, time they treated us as a independent country. 

The transition period ends at the end of this year, until then nothing has changed on fishing rights.

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

The transition period ends at the end of this year, until then nothing has changed on fishing rights.

You are of course correct, Squitty. What do you think should happen after the transition period has finished? Do you think the EU has the right to continue fishing in UK waters as they do now? 

11 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Well first you would need a majority of Scots wanting independence. Next you'd want something to sell other than worthless oil and gas. Thirdly, any post independent taxes on oil gas and whisky would still go to the English exchequer except for the piddling amount of oil, gas and whisky consumed in Scotland. And what rate of taxation might befall on Scottish heads once English largesse is withdrawn?  If Scotland wishes to vote for poverty then go ahead!

the majority of Scottish people would have voted for it, weren't it for the interference from the unionists and the BBC, not to speak of the cheating in the vote. A sufficiently large poll is all that is needed, but I do not think Nicola Sturgeon will want to give up her pro Westminster stance. Why should Scotland wait for Boris bounder, father of many, to procrastinate as he does with Brussels?

all it takes is six plus countries to acknowledge and support Scotlands wishes, nothing to do with Westminster or whoever is in power. They have refused a second referendum, that does not mean they can't organise one themselves.

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Exactly, and if there are no negotiations over fishing rights, we will continue to see ugly scenes at sea. How many ships have we got? to police waters we deem to be ours?

17 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

You are of course correct, Squitty. What do you think should happen after the transition period has finished? Do you think the EU has the right to continue fishing in UK waters as they do now? 

That's what the negotiations are for.