Sign in to follow this  
Dorset Canary

Onel Hernandez - New Offer?

[quote user="Dorset Canary"]More gossip...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/23/onel-hernandez-withdraws-himself-from-midweek-fixture-amid-norwi/[/quote]Withdrawn, before the game ?Why not play and wait until the manager pulls him off

Apparently he''s a very penetrative player with spectacular shooting ability. Though his end product can be a bit messy.

I cannot believe we''re heading into another league match at Brentford without at least two new signings, and most importantly a striker.

We needed these signings in early this week, making them available and useful for Saturday.

This is quite extraordinary. It just proves that selling players is the primary motive, and a detriment to squad balance and competitiveness is an acceptable consequence.

Nothing is going to change this season. We are going to struggle to score and will lose more than we win. It''s a disgrace the club have sanctioned this halfway through a season. They should be offering to buy back season tickets for the rest of this ''transition'' season.

The fans are being mugged. Disgraceful.

I agree Lincoln, another striker must be the priority. It''s unbelievable we only have one in the first team at the moment. Would''ve hoped we had someone in for Saturday too, really is bad management.

I agree as well Lincoln.

Any club with any serious aspirations of making the playoffs would have looked at this run of fixtures and felt they needed to get these extra players in before these games to give us the best possible chance of taking points of playoff rivals. As it is even if they now sign this week its likely to be too late to play on Saturday.

These signings should have been lined up and in the bag in the first half of January so they could be brought in as soon as Pritchard and Jerome went. The lack of options has already cost us points against Shef United in my book.

Err, its Wednesday, not Saturday at 2pm.

I''m guessing Hernandez will be announced today/tomorrow and possibly Fletcher later in the week. With Edwards in, that''ll be 3 new ''forward positions'' filled since Pritchard left.

[quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]...They should be offering to buy back season tickets for the rest of this ''transition'' season.

The fans are being mugged. Disgraceful.[/quote]As if. Everyone who bought a season ticket was well aware this was a '' transition '' season so they have to take the rough with the smooth. Same as every season.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]...They should be offering to buy back season tickets for the rest of this ''transition'' season.

The fans are being mugged. Disgraceful.[/quote]As if. Everyone who bought a season ticket was well aware this was a '' transition '' season so they have to take the rough with the smooth. Same as every season.[/quote]Most of the people who purchased season tickets done it while Alex Neil was still in charge not for a transition season.

Also what happens if Pinto pulls his hamstring?

Who is playing right back?

Its farcical how light the squad is. We need a winger, striker and right back - this isnt an issue that has been created during the window, you could argue these were issues after the last window. Its not like we havent had time to sort it out.

As for Hernandez, his has to have a bigger impact that Wildschut, if not questions will be asked of Webber

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]...They should be offering to buy back season tickets for the rest of this ''transition'' season.

The fans are being mugged. Disgraceful.[/quote]As if. Everyone who bought a season ticket was well aware this was a '' transition '' season so they have to take the rough with the smooth. Same as every season.[/quote]

Really? I don''t think they expected a transition of this proportion, and certainly expected more than what is currently being delivered.

Rough with the smooth fair enough. Clearing the decks without adequate replacements to keep us competitive for the division we are in, certainly is not fair enough.

I''m inclined to say its incompetence. But actually, its worse. Its all part of the plan. The club hope to scrape through the remainder of this season. The target was never playoffs this season, but to sell players and avoid relegation.

Yes we need to sell, but I''d be shocked if there wasn''t some money to reinvest. The club clearly don''t intend to reinvest any of it now.

@Woodman

''Err, its Wednesday, not Saturday at 2pm. ''

So you think somebody coming in Thursday, or Friday before the cut off, gives them enough time to become ready for the game on Saturday? These are not new issues, they have been there all season.

@ridgeman

Thats a fair point, nowhere in the last season ticket renewal pack did it say ''oh by the way, dont expect anything next year, we are going to give up half way through...''

At the time I bought my season ticket for this season I was still hoping we could push for the playoffs LAST season and I certainly expected us to give it a good go this season having failed last. I didn''t expect two consecutive seasons with the benefit of parachute payments to be written off in January with no apparent attempt to get back up to the premier league.

The premier league is not the be all and end all as far as I am concerned but I do at least expect us to try and finish as high up the league as we possibly can in every season. "Transition" does not have to be at the expense of still competing to the best of your ability. Its a nonsense to say that being in transition does not mean we cannot compete now when we still have better players at our disposal than most of our opponents.

[quote user="Woodman"]Err, its Wednesday, not Saturday at 2pm.

I''m guessing Hernandez will be announced today/tomorrow and possibly Fletcher later in the week. With Edwards in, that''ll be 3 new ''forward positions'' filled since Pritchard left.[/quote]

Would you guess that 24-48 hours is enough time for a player to integrate before a tough away trip? Without even factoring in one of the rumoured players mentioned is being signed from abroad.

Any player arriving tomorrow or Friday won;t even feature on saturday. That''s not how Farke works - see also players who have been away on international duty who often don;t play on their return because they haven''t been in training all week.

I''m not saying Farke is wrong to take that approach, just illustrating that for a player to play at Brentford i think they would already need to be here now.

The point about the right back cover is a good one too. A glaring hole in our squad and if Pinto gets injured (and he''s been running himself into the ground of late) it will hurt us and you don;t need hindsight to see that.

Hernandez isn’t quite so important, if Fletcher drives down to London Saturday morning and sits on the bench I’ll be ok with that, better than no one at all.

@Fenway

Is it just me, but I just don''t see the point in signing Fletcher on loan? Why not just promote Abrahams to the squad to see if he is going to develop over 1/2 a season instead of developing a player for another team?

Same as Edwards/Cantwell?

If these loan players are going to be ahead of our own ''promising players'' it starts to completely take away the building for the future message?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]At the time I bought my season ticket for this season I was still hoping we could push for the playoffs LAST season and I certainly expected us to give it a good go this season having failed last. I didn''t expect two consecutive seasons with the benefit of parachute payments to be written off in January with no apparent attempt to get back up to the premier league.

The premier league is not the be all and end all as far as I am concerned but I do at least expect us to try and finish as high up the league as we possibly can in every season. "Transition" does not have to be at the expense of still competing to the best of your ability. Its a nonsense to say that being in transition does not mean we cannot compete now when we still have better players at our disposal than most of our opponents.[/quote]It is because we if anything over-extended ourselves finacially last season trying to do what you wanted and get straight back up that our ability to push as hard this season was significantly reduced.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Jim Smith"]At the time I bought my season ticket for this season I was still hoping we could push for the playoffs LAST season and I certainly expected us to give it a good go this season having failed last. I didn''t expect two consecutive seasons with the benefit of parachute payments to be written off in January with no apparent attempt to get back up to the premier league.

The premier league is not the be all and end all as far as I am concerned but I do at least expect us to try and finish as high up the league as we possibly can in every season. "Transition" does not have to be at the expense of still competing to the best of your ability. Its a nonsense to say that being in transition does not mean we cannot compete now when we still have better players at our disposal than most of our opponents.[/quote]It is because we if anything over-extended ourselves finacially last season trying to do what you wanted and get straight back up that our ability to push as hard this season was significantly reduced.[/quote]

No, its the boards fault for over backing Alex Neil when it was clear he was a dead man walking.

Regardless, from all the recent transfers I''m sure we can afford to reinvest a percentage of it. Why aren''t we? And if we do, why have we waited for nearly three league games to pass? Most clubs make sure a replcement is in first, or lined up to come in very quickly afterwards. Webber and co have done neither.

Maybe we are waiting as long as we can so we don''t have to pay the extra 2/3 weeks wages? Are finances that tight?

I get the bedding-in of new signings, but lots of clubs sign someone and either play them or have them on the bench having signed them the day before (Pritchard & Jerome for instance).

I did think Edwards would be in the squad last weekend, but his ''back injury'' prevented that. Hopefully he''s fit enough to be included this weekend.

Yep Lincoln, I agree with the Alex Neil remark...he should have been fired after the barren spell , where we lost so many points which left us too far behind... If board had shown some decisiveness at that time, I think we would at least made the top six.

But that is my assumption or opinion, however you want to call it. No crystal ball here... But our board has failed to be decisive many times in the last few years! Sometimes a tough decision , with risks, has to be made...

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Yep Lincoln, I agree with the Alex Neil remark...he should have been fired after the barren spell , where we lost so many points which left us too far behind... If board had shown some decisiveness at that time, I think we would at least made the top six.

But that is my assumption or opinion, however you want to call it. No crystal ball here... But our board has failed to be decisive many times in the last few years! Sometimes a tough decision , with risks, has to be made...[/quote]But after the barren spell of five losses in a row we won 7, drew 3 and lost 4 of the next 14 games, which is decent form. What fans claim is a lack of decisivenes (not always true - from memory Adams was fired when we were in 7th place) can just as easily look like uninformed panic. Look back to our loss to Brentford and quite a few posters were demanding that "clown" Farke be sacked then and there. Not so many now.

The Pink Un‏Verified account

@pinkun

Follow Follow @pinkun

More

Norwich City are set to continue a busy week of transfer business by complete the signing Eintracht Braunschweig winger Onel Hernandez within the next 24 hours.

It''s all ''appnin'' !

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Yep Lincoln, I agree with the Alex Neil remark...he should have been fired after the barren spell , where we lost so many points which left us too far behind... If board had shown some decisiveness at that time, I think we would at least made the top six.

But that is my assumption or opinion, however you want to call it. No crystal ball here... But our board has failed to be decisive many times in the last few years! Sometimes a tough decision , with risks, has to be made...[/quote]

But, as I have said on numerous occasions in the past, they are dedicated ditherers.