Sign in to follow this  
Iwans Big Toe

OT - Neymar

Paris Saint-Germain striker Neymar has sprained his ankle and broken a bone in his footThe £198million forward is a doubt for PSG''s Champions League clash with Real MadridThe Brazilian was stretchered off in tears during PSG''s 3-0 victory over bitter rivals MarseillePoor old boy has got a boo boo, sprained his ankle and had to be carried off on a stretcher. Obviously the despair is from realising that his £100k appearance bonus is a gonner as they''re probably going to have to aputate his foot.I did manage to find this picture, taken just befoe he went in for his MRI. Image result for purple tights

Not one of your best mate. He is properly injured. Comic timing not quite right there.

aputate????

Apprently it is a Chicano word. I won''t explain its meaning as I would be in trouble with the "Me too" lobby.

I have the exact same injury (fractured metatarsal or broken toe if you''re a pleb) and can confirm this was how I looked at the bottom of our staircase according to my Mrs last week in my PSG kit.

Go easy on the fella it hurt like a mother.......! Wait til he stubs it in the shower 😂

A real nancy boy, always whining and wingeing, whenever he''s tackled or challenged... Can''t say I was sorry to see it tbh

[quote user="daly"]Fortunate he''s playing now and not in the Duncan Forbes/Norman Hunter era[/quote]Why do people always say this kind of thing? First he''s a ''girl'' and now he''s not tough enough to be a professional footballer from the 60''s/70''s. The fact is, he''s playing now and he''s one of the best modern day players.Footballers used to kick a ball that weighed about 17 tonnes about and had boots that were made out of something resembling concrete. Things have moved forward! Footballers of yore wouldn''t have even been able to keep up with a modern day footballer like Neymar, let alone catch them and do significant damage with their concrete boots...  Mind you if he had of been wearing them he probably wouldn''t have broken his toe [;)]

Having had the same injury, it does hurt quite a lot.

One thing I will give Messi (and Wes for that matter) credit for, they just get up and keep going. In fairness to Neymar this time around, he was actually pretty injured...

He''s got previous for feigning injury.

Remember in the last World Cup when he rolled around holding his back? Jeez, it was only a fractured vertebrae - no bl00dy backbone these modern footballers.

@Hogesar

Of course he is.

Word is PSG are considering swapping Mbappe for Coutinho because Neymar is mates with Coutinho and doesn''t like the fact Mbappe could be better than him.

He''s an individualist in a team game, seemingly more obsessed with winning the Ballon D''or than the Champions League.

You’re all there taking the mick but if he played for Norwich, we’d all be creaming ourselves.

I hope he’s back fit for the World Cup. I watch neutral (and competitive football actually) for the entertainment and Neymar is the most exciting flair player out there at the moment. He takes a lot of big hits does Neymar, it’s no wonder he occasionally acts like a bit of a dick, he’s not as bad as some.

I don''t earn much money,. or play for Brazil or PSG, but last Monday my appendix ruptured, I very nearly died and am still in hospital, in great pain, being ''cared for'' by the Irish version of the NHS.

4hrs on a trolley in a corridor after a one and half hour journey in an ambulance that was 4 years old, suspension never overhauled , according to medics with 600,000 miles on the clock....... before I even saw a doctor.

I will miss seeing Neymar play if he''s not fit for the world cup, but I can''t say I feel sorry for him.

Sorry to hear that Corky. Hope you are on the mend.

SkySports News reporting he will not undergo surgery, and it''s looking like Neymar will not be fit to face Real Madrid in the

return leg of their last 16 Champions League tie but it''s not completely

rule it out.  So it''s not that bad.

I put him in the same bracket as Suarez, good player but likes a whinge if things don''t go his way...

If the things being said about Coutinho and Mbappe are true, that''s disgraceful. Then, there was all the stuff around the penalty taking situation with Cavani. Not convinced he''s much of a team player.

Comes with the territory I''m afraid even if you''re a millionaire footballer. Been far worse players than him, who don''t earn a fortune, who had their career finished. So no sympathy for him from me and wouldn''t be surprised if he was back playing next month.

I accept it is a real injury, but its hardly like Shearer or Gascoigne''s knee injuries and subsequent reconstruction operations. Don''t like Shearer on MOTD but his recovery and success for Newcastle and England were phenomenal.