Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Ten days ago...

We’re all (mostly) Norwich fans who want the best for the club. Some want different things than others and some show their support in differing ways than others. I don’t agree with NN’s view on the owners of the club, far from it. But I certainly respect the position he takes to defend the club against any attack or criticism, justified or not. In some ways you could argue that, that is total commitment to supporting the club, but not everyone, in fact probably very few people can be that way. Ultimately we all want the club to be as successful as it possibly can be.

[quote user="JF"]We’re all (mostly) Norwich fans who want the best for the club. Some want different things than others and some show their support in differing ways than others. I don’t agree with NN’s view on the owners of the club, far from it. But I certainly respect the position he takes to defend the club against any attack or criticism, justified or not. In some ways you could argue that, that is total commitment to supporting the club, but not everyone, in fact probably very few people can be that way. Ultimately we all want the club to be as successful as it possibly can be.[/quote]Good post.Pity most of us are entrenched in our views whether they be as '' happies '' or '' miserablists '' and we often can''t or won''t see the other''s point of view.When all said and done this is only a message board, just opinions and the whole shebang is pretty unimportant in the grand scheme of life.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="hogesar"]Big reveal...im morty.[/quote]
Well as Shakespeare might not have said....
You''re Bard.
[/quote]

We''ve totally missed an "I''m Spartacus" opportunity there..

[quote user="CANARYKING"]This is like having Morty back, I thought we’d moved on from all that rubbish[/quote]I was thinking the same thing. But I still read through it all the way to the end... [:)]

I trust NN is suitably impressed with the development of his original thread and that it has given him full opportunity to give it his confrontational best.

Foolishly, early in the thread, I posted my brief thoughts on why I would say more people post after a poor run than after a string of positive results. Nothing more, nothing less.

Next thing, NN decides to print my words along with his own interpretation of what I said and criticism of what motivates me to post. Facts are, I was speaking of the motivation of posters in general and why I considered the traffic to flow as it does. I didn''t really expect to be called out and labelled in the way that I was by the individual in question but I guess I should have known better from his track record.

For somebody who supposedly only posts to criticise following defeats, its surprising that my last involvement prior to this thread was to register my thoughts about the poster who was seeing fit to constantly abuse Cameron Jerome.

JF it is true to say I''m a happy clapper, I say so myself. But I don''t go along with everything. I have a mind of my own. I don''t do extremes and don''t get too up or too down. On here that means I pretty much always post in the same mood. Which is a good mood because thats how i am. And anyway this is something we do supposedly for enjoyment.

As for my opinion on the owners, I think I look at it from a different perspective from many on here. I love the community club we''ve become so I see a lot to lose and no guarantee of any gain. But from a different perspective, one where money trumps all, there''s not so much to lose and ultimately it''s all about whether we''d win more games. And community club seems to belong on the same ridicule list as happy clappers. In fact from many conversations on here I suspect people aren''t aware of what the community club identity is about. One such conversation the poster told me of some stuff the Leicester owner does that was totally irrelevant to my perspective.

I will continue to post in support of the things that matter from my perspective. And my mate Smiffys liberal utopia where everyone fully understands everyone else''s perspective won''t ever happen. I do at least try.

Daniels... what''s all this individual in question nonsense? If thats me what is this track record? And what about Cameron Jerome? Cam always has time for supporters and is an honorary PUP. He gets a shedload of unwarranted criticism but he should have at least hit the target with that shot on Saturday.

hogesar wrote the following post at 06/11/2017 9:44 PM:

Big reveal...im morty.

Posted whilst watching the walking dead I recon 😀

Those of us who have been here long enough know what this league is like. No point getting carried away. Remember the year hull looked like going down around December then a few months later they were in the prem.

Neil Warnock as much of an old git he is called it well when he was getting loads of praise at Cardiff after their start when he said he won’t get carried away as anyone in this league can suddenly lose 4 on the trot despite doing the same things with the same players. Lo and behold Cardiff have had more of a mixed time of it recently.

It’s just a really competitive league of players not quite prem ready or a bit past prem ready and it’s sometimes hard to distinguish between the two other than looking at their pay packets.

Nutty

Yes, always best to read a post "properly" before issuing your response. Perhaps, had you have done so, you would have realised that I had been supporting Cameron Jerome on here, at a time when a particular individual was constantly abusing him.

As for your reference to confrontation, do you not see how you start such situations by half-reading posts and then publishing your distorted view of what the poster has written? Generally, I''m not a miserable guy but do go a bit that way when I get categorised by you on here.

This''ll be my last post on the subject as I realise it is pretty damn dull for everyone else.

Nutty, you''ve got 4 different people on this thread who''ve said they feel you''ve misrepresented or twisted what they''ve said. I think if I was in that position I''d probably accept that if 4 separate individuals felt misrepresented then maybe I had misrepresented them, however unintentionally that might have been, rather than dig my feet in and claim it''s everyone else''s fault.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="king canary"]No I didn''t, as that first line didn''t refer to me specifically.

You''re twisting peoples words. Just as with your ''coveting Portsmouth'' bollocks earlier. So no, I won''t tell you about my motivations as I''m sure that''ll go through your spin machine too, all while ironically playing the ''honesty'' card at the same point.[/quote]
Of course the first line was relevant. It showed the comments to be about motivation. Quoting with it removed was dishonest.
[/quote]To be fair I agree with you Nutty on this occasion but I don''t know if '' dishonest '' is putting it too strongly. '' Word twisting '' might be a better description.  I know you make a big play about being '' honest '' all the time, maybe you are, but you can certainly '' word twist '' with the best of ''em.I''m sure you remember our little nonsense the other day about '' best '' message boards. Not surprisingly it was your opinion that this effort wins. I said I had no idea of specific examples as it''s all a matter of opinion and there may be better ones floating around. For some reason you decided that because you''d named the '' Pink Un '' I must have a favourite too. Quite where you got that from that I have no idea as I certainly haven''t.

[/quote]
But it was removed along side an accusation that I was dishonest. That was why I took the trouble to post all the relevant posts in full. 
As for my little nonsense, it was just to point out that your blind faith that there are better communities around had no real foundation.
Talking about favourites, you''re still my favourite poster.
Best you don''t tell Lakey though ''cause I told him he was. Oh and there''s Lapps. And I think I might have said it to Kingo too....
[/quote]In what I know will be a futile attempt to get the last word in - holding back the tide would be easier - maybe your blind faith that this is the best community has no real foundation either ? Bit like lager...[;)]

[quote user="JF"]We’re all (mostly) Norwich fans who want the best for the club. Some want different things than others and some show their support in differing ways than others. I don’t agree with NN’s view on the owners of the club, far from it. But I certainly respect the position he takes to defend the club against any attack or criticism, justified or not. In some ways you could argue that, that is total commitment to supporting the club, but not everyone, in fact probably very few people can be that way. Ultimately we all want the club to be as successful as it possibly can be.[/quote]

There is a difference though between "the club" and "the board" or indeed "the owners."

I will defend my club to the hilt, even when we are really sh*t. as is the case for most football fans its ok for me to say that but if anyone else says it I go on the defensive.

I however "support" the club and not the board or Delia and Michael. yes usually the two will be be one and the same if I feel they are acting in the best interests of the club but i will not just blindly support everything they do if I feel its not.

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]Nutty

Yes, always best to read a post "properly" before issuing your response. Perhaps, had you have done so, you would have realised that I had been supporting Cameron Jerome on here, at a time when a particular individual was constantly abusing him.

As for your reference to confrontation, do you not see how you start such situations by half-reading posts and then publishing your distorted view of what the poster has written? Generally, I''m not a miserable guy but do go a bit that way when I get categorised by you on here.[/quote]
I remember that you posted supporting CamJam and wasn''t aware I''d criticised you for it or suggested that you hadn''t posted in support for CamJam. TBH I don''t know what it has to do with any of this but as I said he is out of form at the moment but he doesn''t deserve the cr@p that comes his way and always has time for fans and is an honorary PUP.
I did misrepresent your post even though I did say "How I read it" but I think there must be some history that you hold a grudge about which fuelled your earlier reply. I only remember a thread where in your opening post you categorised posters who may disagree with you as distorted happy clappers. Was it that one?

[quote user="king canary"]This''ll be my last post on the subject as I realise it is pretty damn dull for everyone else.

Nutty, you''ve got 4 different people on this thread who''ve said they feel you''ve misrepresented or twisted what they''ve said. I think if I was in that position I''d probably accept that if 4 separate individuals felt misrepresented then maybe I had misrepresented them, however unintentionally that might have been, rather than dig my feet in and claim it''s everyone else''s fault.[/quote]
Kingo, these 4 different people I assume you mean yourself, Daniels, Smiffy and Greavsy? Baldy?
I don''t see where I''ve misrepresented you.
If it''s Greavsy then all I can think is where I used the words "trying to say" instead of "infer" so apologised and put it right. Although to be fair in my limited vocabulary "trying to say" and "infer" are much the same thing. Perhaps I shouldn''t have apologised, certainly wish I hadn''t after his reaction.
If it''s Smiffy then you''ve been hoodwinked. He''s on about another thread where I said this forum was the best in the world and he had blind faith there were better at other clubs. BTW Smiffy, I''ll take my blind faith in something I have opposed to your blind faith that the grass must be greener elsewhere[ip]
If it''s Baldy then I don''t see where I''ve misrepresented anything he''s said. 
If it''s Daniels.... he''s right that I misrepresented what he said. I did say "how I read it" but yes I read it wrong. 
Now just to even things up this is where I feel I''ve been misrepresented...
Baldy saying when things are going well I am just as quiet as everybody else, but when everybody’s moaning as I call it you are moaning about people moaning.
Rhubarb saying I''ve been suggesting that not all posters on here are green and yellow and some may well have a whiff of bin about them.
Kingo and Greavsy selectively quoting half my post so it was out of context. It''s easier to quote the whole thing so that was deliberate.
Greavsy''s lie that everyone on the forum manages to read posts and enjoy this forum in the spirit it''s intended except me.
Baldy saying I get aggressive and nasty when people disagree with me.
I remain in good humour as always Kingo.

This thread looks like the old nonsence that we had to put up with day after day before Morty and Katie left.

The sort of self indulgent CR@P that drives posters away!☹️

[quote user="Van wink"]This thread looks like the old nonsence that we had to put up with day after day before Morty and Katie left.

The sort of self indulgent CR@P that drives posters away!☹️[/quote]
It didn''t help that you appeared with your spoon just as you did the day before Morty left.

[quote user="Van wink"]All my fault mate.......lovely 😉[/quote]
Absolutely not. Can I now cry that I''ve been misrepresented....

I''m never bored. Before that happens I move on to something else. It amazes me that people can find something boring yet return to it time and again...

In what I know will be a futile attempt to get the last

word in
- holding back the tide would be easier - maybe your blind faith

that this is the best community has no real foundation either ? Bit

like lager...[;)][/quote][quote user="nutty nigel"]
If it''s Smiffy then you''ve been hoodwinked. He''s on about another thread where I said this forum was the best in the world and he had blind faith there were better at other clubs. BTW Smiffy, I''ll take my blind faith in something I have opposed to your blind faith that the grass must be greener elsewhere[ip]
Now how did I know that that was bound to happen ? [:D]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]In what I know will be a futile attempt to get the last

word in
- holding back the tide would be easier - maybe your blind faith

that this is the best community has no real foundation either ? Bit

like lager...[;)][/quote][quote user="nutty nigel"]
Now how did I know that that was bound to happen ? [:D]

[/quote]
Because you put your faith in something you knew?[;)]

Probably best that I don''t post exactly what I think of this thread or the ''''we miss you'''' thread but what a terrible advertisement they are for this forum , no wonder the pinkun gets so ridiculed on social media.  Shame really because its been such a nice place the past few months !!

[quote user="Diane"]Probably best that I don''t post exactly what I think of this thread or the ''''we miss you'''' thread but what a terrible advertisement they are for this forum , no wonder the pinkun gets so ridiculed on social media.  Shame really because its been such a nice place the past few months !!

[/quote]Absolutely, Diane.

[quote user="Diane"]Probably best that I don''t post exactly what I think of this thread or the ''''we miss you'''' thread but what a terrible advertisement they are for this forum , no wonder the pinkun gets so ridiculed on social media.  Shame really because its been such a nice place the past few months !!

[/quote]The two posters ( and you know who you are ) cannot help themselves having a dig about this forum elsewhere when you have to endure such cringeworthy tripe on the threads you mentioned Diane and i am told that only this morning Twatter had a reference to all this. This forum has been a far happier place in recent months with the odd little spat which is only natural and it is no coincidence that posters who have not been seen for yonks have popped up again. The daily verbal jibes and thoroughly unpleasant nastiness which was a daily feature are no more thankfully.