Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Ten days ago...

Also agree with Hoola Han Solo and others, if we lose this place is always busier as people are frustrated/upset and have more to say/moan about.
If we win, people post briefly how pleased they are etc etc and then get on with their lives.
Its not just this messageboard, ask any fans who support other clubs, its just the same for them, human nature

Ten days ago I was convinced we were a top six team. I believed that all we needed was to find away to win at home and then we would be in the top two.

Now I''m completely convinced we are rubbish and we can write the whole season off.

Call me fickle but that''s how the last 10 days played out for me.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="king canary"]No I didn''t, as that first line didn''t refer to me specifically.

You''re twisting peoples words. Just as with your ''coveting Portsmouth'' bollocks earlier. So no, I won''t tell you about my motivations as I''m sure that''ll go through your spin machine too, all while ironically playing the ''honesty'' card at the same point.[/quote]
Of course the first line was relevant. It showed the comments to be about motivation. Quoting with it removed was dishonest.
[/quote]To be fair I agree with you Nutty on this occasion but I don''t know if '' dishonest '' is putting it too strongly. '' Word twisting '' might be a better description.  I know you make a big play about being '' honest '' all the time, maybe you are, but you can certainly '' word twist '' with the best of ''em.I''m sure you remember our little nonsense the other day about '' best '' message boards. Not surprisingly it was your opinion that this effort wins. I said I had no idea of specific examples as it''s all a matter of opinion and there may be better ones floating around. For some reason you decided that because you''d named the '' Pink Un '' I must have a favourite too. Quite where you got that from that I have no idea as I certainly haven''t.

[quote user="yellowandgreen"]Ten days ago I was convinced we were a top six team. I believed that all we needed was to find away to win at home and then we would be in the top two.

Now I''m completely convinced we are rubbish and we can write the whole season off.

Call me fickle but that''s how the last 10 days played out for me.[/quote]

Chin up, we live in hope."Hope is the thing with feathersThat perches in the soulThat sings the tuneWithout the wordsand never stops at all"(Emily Dickinson)OTBC

[quote user="yellowandgreen"]Ten days ago I was convinced we were a top six team. I believed that all we needed was to find away to win at home and then we would be in the top two.

That was exactly what the OP said. Just that. Ricardo and Yankee got it. But then Winky turned up with his spoon and Baldy followed up to take it down the road it went.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="king canary"]No I didn''t, as that first line didn''t refer to me specifically.

You''re twisting peoples words. Just as with your ''coveting Portsmouth'' bollocks earlier. So no, I won''t tell you about my motivations as I''m sure that''ll go through your spin machine too, all while ironically playing the ''honesty'' card at the same point.[/quote]
Of course the first line was relevant. It showed the comments to be about motivation. Quoting with it removed was dishonest.
[/quote]To be fair I agree with you Nutty on this occasion but I don''t know if '' dishonest '' is putting it too strongly. '' Word twisting '' might be a better description.  I know you make a big play about being '' honest '' all the time, maybe you are, but you can certainly '' word twist '' with the best of ''em.I''m sure you remember our little nonsense the other day about '' best '' message boards. Not surprisingly it was your opinion that this effort wins. I said I had no idea of specific examples as it''s all a matter of opinion and there may be better ones floating around. For some reason you decided that because you''d named the '' Pink Un '' I must have a favourite too. Quite where you got that from that I have no idea as I certainly haven''t.

[/quote]
But it was removed along side an accusation that I was dishonest. That was why I took the trouble to post all the relevant posts in full. 
As for my little nonsense, it was just to point out that your blind faith that there are better communities around had no real foundation.
Talking about favourites, you''re still my favourite poster.
Best you don''t tell Lakey though ''cause I told him he was. Oh and there''s Lapps. And I think I might have said it to Kingo too....

[quote user="king canary"]So it is everyone else fault that you''re projecting stuff that people didn''t post onto them?

It is a huge leap to go from ''there is more to debate after a loss'' to ''I love sharing negativity.'' To make that leap you either aren''t reading peoples posts properly or your projecting something that isn''t there.[/quote]
Nope I stand by my post 100%. You yourself said you are motivated to post more when things aren''t going well. It only becomes what you are saying when you take away half the post to turn it into something it''s not.
Oh and despite Greavsy trying to say otherwise nobody suggested any of these motives to post was wrong.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 06/11/2017 6:15 PM:

Oh and despite Greavsy trying to say otherwise nobody suggested any of these motives to post was wrong.

I never said anything of the sort.

Either you cannot read it properly, or wish to spin it to suit your personal agenda.

[quote user="Greavsy"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 06/11/2017 6:15 PM:

I never said anything of the sort.

Either you cannot read it properly, or wish to spin it to suit your personal agenda.[/quote]
Sorry Greavsy. I should have used the word infer. I will rewrite : -
[quote user="king canary"]So it is everyone else fault that you''re projecting stuff that people didn''t post onto them? It is a huge leap to go from ''there is more to debate after a loss'' to ''I love sharing negativity.'' To make that leap you either aren''t reading peoples posts properly or your projecting something that isn''t there.[/quote]
Nope I stand by my post 100%. You yourself said you are motivated to post more when things aren''t going well. It only becomes what you are saying when you take away half the post to turn it into something it''s not.
Oh and despite Greavsy trying to infer otherwise nobody suggested any of these motives to post was wrong.

There''s a date for the diary, an apology from Eddie!

However the change in word makes, little if any, difference, other than you still trying to spin my comments to suit your agenda, and you have always done.

Everyone else manages to read posts and enjoy this forum in the spirit it is intended, you should try it, you never know you might enjoy it, rather than trying to prove every one wrong all the time. Just a thought, you can have that one for free!

[quote user="Greavsy"]There''s a date for the diary, an apology from Eddie!

However the change in word makes, little if any, difference, other than you still trying to spin my comments to suit your agenda, and you have always done.

Everyone else manages to read posts and enjoy this forum in the spirit it is intended, you should try it, you never know you might enjoy it, rather than trying to prove every one wrong all the time. Just a thought, you can have that one for free![/quote]
You mainly post on threads where you can have a ruck. Everybody else makes other contributions to the board. Most of your posts are like the ones on this thread. You''re famous for it. It''s all in the archives.

Didn''t realise you had to meet a certain number of posts on certain topics to be accepted. That said, not sure I''d want to be accepted.

Thanks for the tip, but I will continue to post on the posts I wish to contribute on.

Funny how you typically divert it away from yourself again.

[quote user="Greavsy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Greavsy"]There''s a date for the diary, an apology from Eddie!

Everyone else manages to read posts and enjoy this forum in the spirit it is intended, you should try it, you never know you might enjoy it, rather than trying to prove every one wrong all the time. Just a thought, you can have that one for free![/quote]
You mainly post on threads where you can have a ruck. Everybody else makes other contributions to the board. Most of your posts are like the ones on this thread. You''re famous for it. It''s all in the archives.
[/quote] Didn''t realise you had to meet a certain number of posts on certain topics to be accepted. That said, not sure I''d want to be accepted. Thanks for the tip, but I will continue to post on the posts I wish to contribute on. Funny how you typically divert it away from yourself again.[/quote]
As can be seen by using the quote facility my reply was in perfect harmony with your post.
You can have that for free too[Y]

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 06/11/2017 5:52 PM:

yellowandgreen wrote:

Ten days ago I was convinced we were a top six team. I believed that all we needed was to find away to win at home and then we would be in the top two. Now I''m completely convinced we are rubbish and we can write the whole season off. Call me fickle but that''s how the last 10 days played out for me.

That was exactly what the OP said. Just that. Ricardo and Yankee got it. But then Winky turned up with his spoon and Baldy followed up to take it down the road it went.

Oh wow! 👍

Fundamentally, as a ‘self-funding’ club with the golden Premier League legacy exhausted, or squandered, dependent on your point of view, we must adjust to mid-table mediocracy, at best, or, more likely, an annual battle against relegation from tier two. With the wholesale disposal of playing assets in process, whether by non-renewal or disposal, it was always going to take a feat of managerial genius to keep us in the Championship. Thus far, it looks like Farke will achieve this objective for 2017/18. Only new equity will see us competitive in tier two again.

One of the analysts on Radio 5 Live yesterday said that he believed that the majority of people who comment/complain about teams probably don''t go to matches. I don''t usually make comments if I haven''t been to a game-therefore I don''t make that many comments.

Not surprising. There are probably 25+ million people in the UK who would class themselves as football supporters one way or another but probably less than 1 million who actually go to matches on a regular basis.But that doesn''t mean they''re not entitled to their opinion or that it is of any less value than the opinions of those who do go.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="yellowandgreen"]Ten days ago I was convinced we were a top six team. I believed that all we needed was to find away to win at home and then we would be in the top two.

[/quote]

Can you explain exactly what you mean by I took it down a certain road?

Over the last couple of days all I’ve read is you attacking people for having different views to your own! One of the things you constantly have a go about is people thinking we should have new owners and you always say that it won’t be better, when in truth it could be, although it’s equally as likely to not be.

Having met you and spoken to you which is always a pleasure of course, on this message board you always come across as the head man who has to have the final say, and if people disagree with you, you can get quite aggressive, bordering on nasty at times.

As I have said to you Nigel, it would be a sad world if we all agreed on everything but everybody has an opinion and nobody’s opinion is right or wrong, but one thing that should happen is to respect people have an opinion whether you agree with it or not!

[quote user="Baldyboy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="yellowandgreen"]Ten days ago I was convinced we were a top six team. I believed that all we needed was to find away to win at home and then we would be in the top two.

[/quote]

Over the last couple of days all I’ve read is you attacking people for having different views to your own! One of the things you constantly have a go about is people thinking we should have new owners and you always say that it won’t be better, when in truth it could be, although it’s equally as likely to not be.

Having met you and spoken to you which is always a pleasure of course, on this message board you always come across as the head man who has to have the final say, and if people disagree with you, you can get quite aggressive, bordering on nasty at times.

As I have said to you Nigel, it would be a sad world if we all agreed on everything but everybody has an opinion and nobody’s opinion is right or wrong, but one thing that should happen is to respect people have an opinion whether you agree with it or not![/quote]
This post below Baldy. I wasn''t moaning about people moaning. I was posting about the huge swing in general opinion over the previous 10 days.
[quote user="Baldyboy"]Is as I said to you a few weeks ago in the pub, when things are going well there is less to talk about, but when things aren’t going well everybody has an opinion about how it should be changed. It’s one of the things that make football what it is, and it’s a damn site better than constantly talking about Brexit![/quote]
Where are these posts from me attacking people with different views to my own? I''m not aware I attacked anyone. Even my reply to Greavsy was in the tone he had set.
People post their views and I post mine. I also try to back mine with reasoning. What''s wrong with that?
How on earth do I come across as head man? I can hardly string proper sentences together and cleaned bogs for a living for goodness sake. Now if you read the thread I respond to the posts in the tone they are sent Baldy. And do so in good humour. Perhaps you would be good enough to quote the posts where I have got quite aggressive, bordering on nasty. Likewise where have I been disrespectful of someone elses opinion.

I’d have to say that it’s stating the bloody obvious to say that a message board is busier after a poor defeat than it is after a victory. It’s a place for people to let off steam and vent frustrations. Nothing at all wrong with that, it’s just human nature, emotions run higher in disappointment than the do in victory

I tend to be the opposite JF. My emotions run higher after a win. But they don''t change how I am with people either way. That''s probably why I''m the same on here win or lose. 

I’m not going to argue, but the stand out comment in that lot is that you reply in the tone they are sent, that’s exactly what I did when you mentioned my name, why pick my name, why not someone else.

As you say you reply in the tone it comes across to you, that’s exactly what I’m on about with how you reply to people, everybody interprets a reply in a different way.

As for head man, that was down to the number of posts, I don’t know of anybody else who has 36k posts that’s a lot of posts!

Anyway, have a good evening, I’m going to try and stay away for a few days as things appear to be getting fractious again on here!

[quote user="Baldyboy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="yellowandgreen"]Ten days ago I was convinced we were a top six team. I believed that all we needed was to find away to win at home and then we would be in the top two.

[/quote]

As I have said to you Nigel, it would be a sad world if we all agreed on everything but everybody has an opinion and nobody’s opinion is right or wrong,
but one thing that should happen is to respect people have an opinion whether you agree with it or not![/quote] The '' Pink-un '' message board ? Reaches the parts other message boards cannot reach. Probably [;)]

[quote user="Baldyboy"]I’m not going to argue, but the stand out comment in that lot is that you reply in the tone they are sent, that’s exactly what I did when you mentioned my name, why pick my name, why not someone else.

As you say you reply in the tone it comes across to you, that’s exactly what I’m on about with how you reply to people, everybody interprets a reply in a different way.

As for head man, that was down to the number of posts, I don’t know of anybody else who has 36k posts that’s a lot of posts!

Anyway, have a good evening, I’m going to try and stay away for a few days as things appear to be getting fractious again on here![/quote]
I picked your name because I mentioned your post Baldy.
I take it the the bits about me being nasty and aggressive weren''t true then?
If you judge me through my post count that''s seriously weird. I do post a lot and have done for many years. But have a think about why my post count could be extraordinarily high?