Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Ten days ago...

[quote user="king canary"]There is also an awful lot less to debate after a win isn''t there? There is only so many ways people can say ''I thought we played well'' or ''Really impressed by Klose today.'' Especially as it can feel very churlish to question anything post a win.[/quote] Please tell me that was a joke. There is just as much point to Parma posting a Masterclass after a good performance as a bad, and no less to talk and think about in consequence. What a dismal prospect if posters cannot think beyond "I thought we played well" of "Really impressed by Klose today". 

No, it wasn''t a joke. There is just less to pick apart after a good performance, because generally everyone agrees. There is less debate to be had.

[quote user="king canary"]No, it wasn''t a joke. There is just less to pick apart after a good performance, because generally everyone agrees. There is less debate to be had.[/quote] Hope destroyed, suspicion fulfilled [:(] 

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 06/11/2017 11:15 AM:

What Daniels, Kingo and Greavsy seem to be saying is they dont like to share their happiness and contentment but love sharing their misery and anger. I agree with them....

No misery or anger from me.

"What Daniels, Kingo and Greavsy seem to be saying is they dont like to share their happiness and contentment but love sharing their misery and anger. I agree with them.... "

Nutty, you complain about others not being ''honest'' and then come out with this rubbish. You''ve entirely misrepresented what I''ve said yet again.

Maybe Kingo. How about you have less to say about what makes you happy?

The ensuing debates about moving forward don''t change after 3 games though whatever the result.

There is no ''maybe'' about it.

What I said is, in my opinion, there is less to debate and discuss after a victory as people are generally in agreement. I didn''t say anything about ''not wanting to share in happiness.''

Take your own advice, be more honest.

My post was about motivation Kingo. How about you be honest and tell me what motivates you to post. Being happy with things or unhappy? You said yourself what it was.

I removed it as it was not relevant to the point directly about me, that I was responding to. Simple.

No I didn''t, as that first line didn''t refer to me specifically.

You''re twisting peoples words. Just as with your ''coveting Portsmouth'' bollocks earlier. So no, I won''t tell you about my motivations as I''m sure that''ll go through your spin machine too, all while ironically playing the ''honesty'' card at the same point.

[quote user="king canary"]There is also an awful lot less to debate after a win isn''t there? There is only so many ways people can say ''I thought we played well'' or ''Really impressed by Klose today.'' Especially as it can feel very churlish to question anything post a win.[/quote]
Well there it is buddy. Except you claim your motivation is somehow universal to everyone.

[quote user="king canary"]No I didn''t, as that first line didn''t refer to me specifically.

You''re twisting peoples words. Just as with your ''coveting Portsmouth'' bollocks earlier. So no, I won''t tell you about my motivations as I''m sure that''ll go through your spin machine too, all while ironically playing the ''honesty'' card at the same point.[/quote]
Of course the first line was relevant. It showed the comments to be about motivation. Quoting with it removed was dishonest.

Are you being serious now? You''ve twisted my words out of all recognition yet have the guts to claim others are being dishonest?

Honestly, this isn''t worth my time.

Yes I''m being serious Kingo. The part of my post you removed wasn''t even a separate paragraph. It was quite clearly part of the point I was making. If it wasn''t to misrepresent what I said why did you remove it? 

king canary wrote the following post at 06/11/2017 12:38 PM:

No I didn''t, as that first line didn''t refer to me specifically.

KC has already explained. Easy if you scroll down, as it is to see your full post too.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I think it depends what you use the board for. What moves you to post. What moves you to speak out. Discontent is a great motivator. What Daniels, Kingo and Greavsy seem to be saying is they dont like to share their happiness and contentment but love sharing their misery and anger. I agree with them....[/quote]

Circles Nigel circles.

Bit like our team ATM, lacking an end product.

Enjoy your afternoon out.

Yes that is your full post. Here is mine from before it.

"There is also an awful lot less to debate after a win isn''t there? There is only so many ways people can say ''I thought we played well'' or ''Really impressed by Klose today.'' Especially as it can feel very churlish to question anything post a win."

So if you can tell me how you got ''Kingo doesn''t like to share happiness and contentment but love sharing misery and anger'' from that I''m all ears.

Or how you got that I was ''coveting Portsmouth'' as claimed earlier.

At best your projecting motivations onto me that aren''t there.

At worst it is twisting my words into something else entirely to dishonestly paint me in a certain light.

I''ll let you decide which.

OK let''s have a look.
[quote user="danielsroundabout"]I would have thought it''s pretty obvious why supporters have more to say when we''re not performing than they do when we''re winning. Why would posters be critical when we are playing well? Would you expect to see calls for changes when the team is winning? It''s when we are not performing over a period that people begin to get restless and start posting with their opinions on what is wrong and what they think needs to be done to get back on track. Why would you want to call for changes to a winning team?[/quote]
Now I think my post truly reflected this. How I read it Daniels says he''s only motivated to post when he''s unhappy. He lists things that motivate him to post and none of them are when he''s content. He claims some sort of universal standard for this but they are not the only things that motivate me to post.
[quote user="Greavsy"]Human nature isn''t it? How many of us when we receive good service actually contact the provider to praise them? Considerably less than when things go wrong. Same applies with football, and what one fan is prepared to accept, albeit short term, another won''t. Both are entitled to air their views, and neither is right or wrong.[/quote]
Greavsy goes a step further with a claim that to post more when miserable is human nature. Well I''m human and it''s not my nature. The bit about neither being right or wrong is not exclusive to that POV. Right or wrong hadn''t been suggested anywhere.
[quote user="king canary"]There is also an awful lot less to debate after a win isn''t there? There is only so many ways people can say ''I thought we played well'' or ''Really impressed by Klose today.'' Especially as it can feel very churlish to question anything post a win.[/quote]
Kingo claims there''s an awful lot less to debate when we win. He also claims a few flippant lines that he sees as all that''s worth posting about when we win. I disagree. If that were so there would only be so many ways people can say "I thought we were cr@p today". "Was really unimpressed with Naismith today".
I have quoted each post fully and I don''t think the following post of mine is dishonest or misrepresentative of what had been written.
[quote user="nutty nigel"]I think it depends what you use the board for. What moves you to post. What moves you to speak out. Discontent is a great motivator. What Daniels, Kingo and Greavsy seem to be saying is they dont like to share their happiness and contentment but love sharing their misery and anger. I agree with them....[/quote]

*sighs*

It is in terms like ''don''t like to'' and ''love.''

Of those three posts they are all basically saying the same thing- people post more and have more to talk about after a defeat. At no point to any of them express a preference. None of us made any suggestion that we ''love sharing misery and anger'' nor did we suggest we ''don''t like sharing in happiness and contentment.'' You''ve taken three statements which all didn''t express and emotional preference and stuck it on there. That is where you''re twisting them.

My post was clearly about motivation. Perhaps if you started your posts with "This isn''t really how I like to post.... "

In my opinion it’s far more likely fans will moan and whinge after defeat than be full of praise. For many it’s human nature and a common denominator of Norwich City fans. I’ve been at games where we’ve been three or four up and there’s still some tearing into players. It’s just the way some people are.

So it is everyone else fault that you''re projecting stuff that people didn''t post onto them?

It is a huge leap to go from ''there is more to debate after a loss'' to ''I love sharing negativity.'' To make that leap you either aren''t reading peoples posts properly or your projecting something that isn''t there.

Hoola Han Solo wrote the following post at 06/11/2017 4:06 PM:

In my opinion it’s far more likely fans will moan and whinge after defeat than be full of praise. For many it’s human nature and a common denominator of Norwich City fans. I’ve been at games where we’ve been three or four up and there’s still some tearing into players. It’s just the way some people are.

Exactly HHS gets it.