Nelson

Won''t be that but an attacking line up don''t you think

I would like to abandon the current tactic - but that is me. And go with

Gunn

Pinto- Hanley- Zimmerman - Stieperman

Murphy- Reed - Tettey- Wildschüt

Hoolahan

Oliviera

Bench: McGovern- Camjam- Maddison- Vrancic- Franke- Naismith- others....

No Martin. Sorry.

For me we have been getting worse with 4 at the back. Time for a reboot re-balancing attack and defence.

I dont see Husband being dropped but Stiepermann is a contentender there, as is franke in place of Zimmermann - both are young for centre backs, and both have scope to improve. Despite fans opinions the other way players only get better by playing, not being on the bench.

Gunn

Hanley Zimmermann Klose

Pinto Reed Tettey Husband

Wes Josh

Oliveira

Subs

Matthews, Martin, Franke, Wildschutt, Maddison, Vrancic Jerome.

I fear Husband is just not good enough for the Champs- a total liability. Play him and we will look exposed.

His level looks to be conference on displays so far. Stieperman isnt really the answer- but given that we have no other LB.... failing that almost any other player at the club before Husband from what I have seen.

If Mr Farke is going to go 5 at the back then this:

Gunn

Pinto, Hanley, Zimmermann, Klose, Stiepermann.

Reed, Tettey

Murphy, Hoolahan

Oliviera

Subs: McGovern, Franke, Vrancic, Maddison, Wildschut, Jerome, Watkins.

Personally I would go four at the back in a 4-2-3-1:

Gunn

Pinto, Hanley, Klose, Stiepermann.

Reed, Tettey.

Wildschut, Hoolahan, Murphy.

Oliviera.

Subs: McGovern, Zimmermann, Vrancic, Maddison, Jerome, Watkins, Trybull.

Wonder if we could get Adam Sandler to play CB for us.
You know, just to make our defence a little less comedic.

Zimmers Left Foot wrote the following post at 08/09/2017 7:55 AM:

For me we have been getting worse with 4 at the back. Time for a reboot re-balancing attack and defence.

I dont see Husband being dropped but Stiepermann is a contentender there, as is franke in place of Zimmermann - both are young for centre backs, and both have scope to improve. Despite fans opinions the other way players only get better by playing, not being on the bench.

Gunn

Hanley Zimmermann Klose

Pinto Reed Tettey Husband

Wes Josh

Oliveira

Subs

Matthews, Martin, Franke, Wildschutt, Maddison, Vrancic Jerome.

I would go with this team but with Stieperman in for Husband.

A few clean sheets is what we need to get some confidence back.

That side looks like it should be able to defend but still has a bit of pace and inventiveness.

With Hanley and Klose both available (please) I think we should go three at the back. More likely to work with a bit more quality in there!

Gunn

Hanley Zimmermann Klose

Pinto Reed Tetty Wildschutt

Wes Murphey

Nelson

I''d drop zonal marking and play a 4 2 3 1 until the team gets used to each other.

I know that''s not the Pep way but we can''t carry on without some form of defensive screening. I don''t understand Farke not running with Tettey and Reed at Millwall but there we are done and dusted now.

Most people are right about Husband, but I''m going to give him a few more games before I write him off entirely. He''s hardly played a game last season but I appreciate that isn''t an excuse as he''s a professional footballer and should be used to the nature of the league.

I''m with Chewy too. Steipermann looked too suspect defensively to oust Husband at this stage. Hanley has to start if fit, as does Klose as the defense needs a good ol'' sort out. Hanley and Klose both have the experience to hopefully help with this. Martin has to be dropped, surely.

The only thing I might do is swap Nais for Watkins

GunnHanley Zimmermann Klose (Franke if not fit)Pinto Reed Maddison WildschutMurphy HoolahanOliveiraSubs: McGovern, Franke (Martin if Klose not fit), Stiepermann, Tettey, Naismith, Watkins, Jerome.Birmingham also play three at the back, we need a creative player in the centre to make things happen from deep. Vrancic and Husband need a rest.

DF press conf happening now: "Grant Hanley arrived yesterday and trained with the team today. He''s available but two days may be too short for him to start."

Klose available.

At least we now have 5 CBs to choose from in Martin, Zimmerman, Franke, Klose and Hanley.

From what I can see Hanley has only played one competitive match this season and that was 23rd August in the EFL cup for Newcastle . He was on the bench for both Scotland''s games in past week but didn''t come on.

Still would take a chance on him though but then Im not the boss

Agree with that Diane. If he doesn''t start he still will have only played one competitive match when we get to Burton. Assuming he has been training then now is as good a match as any other future game.

For me as has been said, Hanley has got to start. For Farke to be saying it may be too early makes no sense. He trained with Newcastle and Scotland. He would only be training with us??!

I believe also that three at the back is our best option and will allow us to play a more attacking (lightweight?) middle and give Josh a free role.

Gunn

Klose Hanley Fanke or Zimmermann

Reed

Pinto Maddison Vrancic Wildschut

Josh

Oliveira

Latest news is Klose is fit and ready, but Hanley unlikely to start as he has only trained today (Friday) after Scotland duty.

Latest news is Klose is fit and ready, but Hanley unlikely to start as he has only trained today (Friday) after Scotland duty.

I get so confused. Didn''t Hanley train with Scotland? And he played some part in the match so in fact was considered good enough to play WC Qualifying football,

I''m only guessing, but he''s only met his new team mates yesterday, trained once with them versus a week and a bit away with Scotland with players he already knows from previous internationals. Maybe DF thinks he needs more time to get to know them & doesn''t want to throw him in too early.

Mind you, I also think he''s a very experienced defender who should be able to slot into any team.

I think half of our problems stem from coaches over thinking.

The player will want to play. The crowd want him to play. But the coach isn''t sure if he has spent enough time with his team mates. Its the opposition I want him to spend time with.

I think my comment was taken out of context - it''s not to do with fitness, just that he is unlikely to start due to having only been in and around NCFC for one day!

That said, he did say he was ready if called upon so who knows.

Why should that make a difference AJ, hes a professional footballer, hes fit, hes been training with Scotland all week, he trained with us today, stick him on, cant be any worse that what we had at Millwall

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Hanley came on for the last half hour against Malta didn''t he?[/quote]I could come on for the last half hour against Malta and it wouldn''t make a great deal of difference. As Klose hasn''t played yet this season and Hanley has only been here for one day, it''d be risky to throw them both back in. Of the two, it makes more sense for Klose to play as Farke will have been overseeing his recovery and also discussing the intricacies of his tactics with him, probably in his mother tongue. Seems sensible to me.