Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Thought for the day

I imagine if the player you obviously mean somehow ends up in the starting xi on Tuesday most would be in a state of stunned silence.

"Sorry - never a fan of fridge magnet philosophy."

Haha, I like it! I''m bound to use this myself at some time in the future.

Do we have to go in some form of stasis having read it. Even though it is Sunday, I do normally have more than one thought for the day.

What thought can I have when I see the neighbour''s wife hanging out the washing?

[quote user="lake district canary"][:)] Philosophy is philosophy, whether it is on the outside of a fridge or on a cold fish inside it.

[/quote]

Can you show us the fish with this on the inside please?

And you wonder why people think you are strange when you come out with 5hite like this!

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Do we have to go in some form of stasis having read it. Even though it is Sunday, I do normally have more than one thought for the day.

What thought can I have when I see the neighbour''s wife hanging out the washing?[/quote]Hope she doesn''t turn round and catch me letching ? [;)]

Thought for the day -

Ignore Lakey''s misguided loyalty to Russ, there are only two teams in our League with worse goal difference than us, why do we want to make it any worse?

Insanity = keep playing Russ while expecting different results!

[quote user="Number9"]Thought for the day -

Ignore Lakey''s misguided loyalty to Russ, there are only two teams in our League with worse goal difference than us, why do we want to make it any worse?

Insanity = keep playing Russ while expecting different results![/quote]This wasn''t just about Russ, could be about any of the players who have an off game and lay themselves open to getting "the treatment".  

Hope she doesn''t turn round and catch me letching ?

I would pretend I was spindle polishing!

Here is a thought.

Floods in India, Nepal, and Bangladesh leave 250 dead.

And

38,000 Rohingya Flee Myanmar to Bangladesh

And

Mexico earthquake: Death toll rises to 90

But far more importantly and warranting endless BBC coverage

Irma has been downgraded to a category three storm, but Eye of storm hits Florida west coast

slightly less important

Barbuda ''barely habitable'' after Irma

At least 27 people have been confirmed killed across the Caribbean

"Philosophy is philosophy, whether it is on the outside of a fridge or on a cold fish inside it. "

Actually, philosophy is generally complex and difficult to distill down into one or two trite phrases.

Not that I would disagree with you Lakey as a generalisation about the psychological effects of praise or dispproval, but if there''s one thing that irrritates me it''s amateur philosophy or psychology.

In practice, there are probably hundreds of things that irritate me, but let''s leave it there for now.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]"Philosophy is philosophy, whether it is on the outside of a fridge or on a cold fish inside it. "

Actually, philosophy is generally complex and difficult to distill down into one or two trite phrases.

Not that I would disagree with you Lakey as a generalisation about the psychological effects of praise or dispproval, but if there''s one thing that irrritates me it''s amateur philosophy or psychology.

In practice, there are probably hundreds of things that irritate me, but let''s leave it there for now.[/quote]It may be amateur philosophy or it may be sensible philosophy, or it may be both. Talking of irritating, I try not to get irritated too much, but if there is one thing that irritates me more than anything in football it''s supporters that don''t support - at least as I understand the word "support" to mean!