Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Its a no from Marvin Zeegelaar

Well edp journo michael bailey just literally said ok twitter:

"Reality is City''s facilities - especially Colney - are making it harder by the window to convince players to sign for #ncfc. Serious issue"

This is getting laughable.

We can''t even sign anyone to help us.

Would rather we keep Brady until summer tbh than waste some desperate money on a plan z left back. We will still get good money for Brady in summer and it''s only half a season he has to linger in the championship. Maybe toffolo will be ready to step up then. CBJ on loan would be shrewd imo.

[quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]Why do we wait till the last days of window ? its all down to wages, If we pay peanuts we end up with monkeys.[/quote]err. we don''tmaybe ask yourself why there are so many transfers on the last daycould it be that so many other clubs are ''useless'' like us ?or could it be (in the real world) that so many transfers are dependent upon other clubs who are dependent upon other clubs transfer in and our ?rather like a house chain

I''d have thought we''d have invested in Colney after our first prem season no? Surely a couple million would go a long way to removing portacabins etc? I swear we did start investing in it actually...

Tell you what, give me a couple of mil and I will make it sh.t hot:)

They will come from all round the world just to see it, then I will tell them to p.ss off home! Bloody immigrants taking our jobs:)

Buy British thats what I say.

Look at it this way, you have 2 relatively young guys who are not short of a bob or two. One lives in, or near, Amsterdam and the other lives in, or near, Lisbon. Both large and vibrant 24 hour a day Cities that have everything & more, even Motorways. They are currently contracted to Clubs that more often than not qualify for Champions League football, Clubs that have top notch facilities and coaching staff.Both Cities have true International Airports so they can be on a plane to almost anywhere in no time at all.One player flies from Amsterdam to Norwich and lands at an airport that is pratically deserted, looks at the departures board and sees flights to almost nowhere.To make it worse he then has to pay £10 ADT for the privalege of going home.The other player flies to Stansted and then has to endure an hour and a half taxi ride into what must seem like the back or beyond.They''re then shown round Carrow Road and notice a Hotel taking up one corner.Then they''re taken to Colney and shown round the Portakabins.Hardly surprising that they decide no to come.

[quote user="hogesar"]Hey, the rate we''re going at you''re gonna be on the real thing in a few days Morty...[/quote]Lol, no way.The pinkun Dm''d me when I said I was going to the Southampton game, asking if I wanted to take pert in a post game call in.I politely declined.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Morty and Lake District Canary shall be performing a duet of "I got you babe" on tomorrow''s Canary call[/quote]Morty will be busy in the pub after the game.[:)]

I would put my finger on wages being the main problem.

We are looking to reduce the wage bill with any new signings being offered less than current crop of players, would you sign.

This, together with our league position and Alex Neil, who is unknown to many players would hardly set the ground alight with excitement.

It wasnt the bleeding portacabin or the size of our airport. At the end of the day it probably came down to money and not wanting to play in the championship more than anything else. A lot of the players just dont have the fight or guts to play a 46 league game season in a division where every team scraps and in which case we''re better off not wasting our money on them.

We need players with fire in them even if they see us as a stepping stone.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"Morty will be busy in the pub after the game."

Why? Does he moonlight as bar staff?

I tend to relax in pubs.[/quote]Like I need to moonlight.[:)]

You don''t get players over and in the building if you haven''t already got personal terms at least basically worked out. Players don''t fly over to visit a club if they don''t think the wages are on offer.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"Like I need to moonlight.2

Are you rich then?[/quote]I do okay, cheers[Y]

[quote user="king canary"]You don''t get players over and in the building if you haven''t already got personal terms at least basically worked out. Players don''t fly over to visit a club if they don''t think the wages are on offer.[/quote]

I''d stake my house on the reason for the deal falling through was not the portacabin.

I''d stake my house on the reason for the deal falling through was not the portacabin.

great idea we can use your house as the new dressing room and get rid of the portakabin then !!

"LDC seems to be ''resting'', is this why Broadstairs decided to become Morty''s new fanboy?"

I enjoy it, but only occasionally. In fact, even less than that.

LDC takes it personally. I don''t (far from.)

''Frivolity'' is the in word it seems.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]I''d stake my house on the reason for the deal falling through was not the portacabin.

great idea we can use your house as the new dressing room and get rid of the portakabin then !![/quote]

So you honestly believe a multi million pound deal fell through because of the state of the portacabins. If the club wants to take the relative minor hit in buying my house off me to get the transfer over the line i''m sure they''d do it.

Reasons to be cheerful parts 1-5.

1. He wasn''t totally convinced by the terms ( and had worked out that sterling''s decline would reduce the number of euros in his bank on a monthly basis.)

2. He realised from his travel that Norwich, despite being a "Fine City" was a bit of a backwater.

3. He didn''t take to Alex Neil.

4. He didn''t like the set-up in general enough to make a switch from where he was.

5. He looked at the league tables.

Oh! No room for portakabins. Let''s make that No. 6. then.