Sign in to follow this  
mannings bandy legs

Season Tickets Renewal

Just put this out there if anybody is still undecided!Was in ticket office last weekend.Elderly fella came in and spoke to guy behind counter starting that he had suffered enough and decided to hand in his S/T.Assistant didn''t ask if he wanted to speak to anyone, could he try and reason with him or could he get somebody higher to call him. Simply told him "there''s a box at end of counter bung it in there"!!! Customer care at its best.

[quote user="mannings bandy legs"]Just put this out there if anybody is still undecided!Was in ticket office last weekend.Elderly fella came in and spoke to guy behind counter starting that he had suffered enough and decided to hand in his S/T.Assistant didn''t ask if he wanted to speak to anyone, could he try and reason with him or could he get somebody higher to call him. Simply told him "there''s a box at end of counter bung it in there"!!! Customer care at its best.[/quote]If the guy doesn''t want to go any more what more do you expect them to do?

Came of the Automatic renewal after four attempts in calling the ticket office. Just hope they get rid of AN, then I will renew.

I was kept waiting in the 8p/min queue, and when I got the to number 1 position I was cut off. So had to join the fecking queuing system again.

All doom and gloom

Club in crisis

Traffic at a standstill

And the hens won''t lay

@ Morty

This post has 6 replies, and 3 are you, so surely that must be mainly down to you?

Back on topic - any self respecting organisation should seek feedback from non returning customers. I''m guessing though if I have a waiting list of people willing to fill the gaps you don''t have to bother.

How could they just let someone leave like that!? Why didn''t they grab him by the ankles and shake him down for whatever change he had left in his pockets? Clubs gone to pot! McNally would have frog marched him round to the club shop on his way out and made him buy a set of car mats!

Fingers crossed it was the moany old git that sits behind me. Boro had an average gate of 12,000 last year and are hitting around 30,000 now they''re back up! Plastics don''t half come out of the woodwork when a teams on a role, then when times are hard they feel they have the right to go into the ticket office and give their two pence.

Jog on old man, jog on!

I heard that the old fella had already tried to ''bung'' it in the box, but the problem was the box was overflowing with other returned STs, so he went to the counter instead.

I know the club are looking to deal with the amount of ST returny installing a bigger box. Probably explains a recent email I received from the club:

"Dear "plastic",

We''ve missed you! We would love you back at CR. Enjoy the excitement of the championship as we strive for mid-table obscurity. 10 game cut-price season ticket - ONLY... "

I just couldn''t commit to the 10 games

It''s a shame if some fans feel that way. I don''t and am happy to automatically renew.

I do fully agree that from a customer service and feedback point of view the office staff should DEFINITELY question and try to get some feedback from consumers. It''s free. To not do it is criminal, in a business sense.

To be fair OP has a point

if you phone sky up and want to cancel they want to know why and if there is anything they can do to keep you

i know its different being a football club but wouldn''t you want some feedback ??

I got a call from NCFC the other day asking me about Customer Exp. Unfortunately I was at work so couldn''t entertain the really nice telephone operator. So the idea that they don''t provide customer service is rubbish.

Agree Hogs, surely this would be part of this big re-connection with the Supporters Moxey was trying to convey!

Funny the clubs being run more and more as a business and yet the most important factor is being alienated, while you''re in the premiership TV money is the driver, in the lower leagues it''s the clubs supporters.

All money making organisations should seek to retain customers, the only difference at ncfc, and your example of sky, is sky (and similar providers) have an unlimited supply, whereas ncfc don''t.

I heard that because there wasn''t space in the box he nailed it to the wall of the ticket office. After a change of heart he came back a couple of hours later to reclaim it and someone had stolen the nail.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Probably Moxey''s fault. That guy was born slippy[/quote]Are you implying he''s part of the Underworld?Oh, that reminds me – anyone else off to see T2 tonight?

[quote user="morty"]I''m off up the city, am going to boo at the club shop in Castle mall.[/quote]
Make sure you do Chapelfields too. It''s not fair to boo only one the Castle Mall Massive!

[quote user="norfolkngood"]if you phone sky up and want to cancel they want to know why and if there is anything they can do to keep you

i know its different being a football club but wouldn''t you want some feedback ??[/quote]And Sky usually end up giving you a cheaper deal - that''s good customer service.The only difference is that season ticket holders aren''t seen as being customers, they''re just taken for granted as gauranteed income.One day the penny will drop.

Difference is Sky have you all set up with the equiptment, they are transmitting a signal to your area anyway so it costs them nothing...if you get a discount or a new deal they still make money.

The club would actually benefit from you not renewing as when they contact a.n.other on the waiting list he will be paying at the higher second renewal rate for the same seat you could have had £50 cheaper.

Reality is as long as the place is full and mugs pay £2 for a cuppa and £3 for a pie they really dont care whether youve been coming for 50 yrs or 5 minutes.

Maybe sky (and similar) upload their prices to account for retention discounts too.

So they increase by say £10, you ring to complain, threaten to leave etc, and they say have £7 off. Your happy with the deal, they are still getting more.

Not to mention the minority who don''t renegotiate and just pay the increase.

It''s all mind games, and making the customer think he has won.

I saw a stat somewhere than approx 90% of sky subscribers don''t pay the quoted price.

[quote user="non-scoring strikers"]Terminator 2?[/quote]Trainspotting sequel – called T2: Trainspotting.Welcome to the board, by the way.

[quote user="Baywing"]Difference is Sky have you all set up with the equiptment, they are transmitting a signal to your area anyway so it costs them nothing...if you get a discount or a new deal they still make money.

The club would actually benefit from you not renewing as when they contact a.n.other on the waiting list he will be paying at the higher second renewal rate for the same seat you could have had £50 cheaper.

Reality is as long as the place is full and mugs pay £2 for a cuppa and £3 for a pie they really dont care whether youve been coming for 50 yrs or 5 minutes.[/quote].....and when that waiting list runs out?

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="non-scoring strikers"]Terminator 2?[/quote]Trainspotting sequel – called T2: Trainspotting.Welcome to the board, by the way.[/quote]

Aye, but Terminator 2 will always be T2 to me. And yes, I am watching Trainspotting 2 tonight!

Cheers