Sign in to follow this  
HampsteadCanary

Team for Brentford

...we need a bit of,pace and width and energy

sod it, sh!t or bust....4-4-2 with 2 out and out wingers, 2 strikers and go for it,

......Ruddy.....

Pinto...Bennett...Klose...Olsson

Murphy...Tettey...Dorrans....Murphy

.......Jerome.....Oliverira......

surely at least one of the Murphys will be able to pull something out of the bag, even if the other has an off day?

Time to try something different, Alex...can''t believe he''s still in charge, but this might be the last team he''ll ever pick for us ....

.......................Ruddy.........................

..........Martin....klose...bassong..........

Pinto pritchard.thompson.dorrans.brady

...........oliviera.....naismith.....

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]...we need a bit of,pace and width and energy

sod it, sh!t or bust....4-4-2 with 2 out and out wingers, 2 strikers and go for it,

......Ruddy.....

Pinto...Bennett...Klose...Olsson

Murphy...Tettey...Dorrans....Murphy

.......Jerome.....Oliverira......

surely at least one of the Murphys will be able to pull something out of the bag, even if the other has an off day?

Time to try something different, Alex...can''t believe he''s still in charge, but this might be the last team he''ll ever pick for us ....[/quote]

Apart from Thompson for Tettey I''d go with that, Oliviera needs to start to show just why we paid the touted £5 million for him.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="nutty nigel"]What''s Jacob done to warrant being dropped?[/quote]
He was poor vs Derby
[/quote]
Well like I said. If we don''t play anyone who has had a poor game then I can only think of Jerome who could play on Saturday and he''s more than likely injured.
[/quote]
This was a game where, in majority, everyone played better, I feel we saw a vast improvement from recent weeks, a solid defence and a a midfield that was keeping possession well. He stood out like a sore thumb, consistently losing possession and often braking down an attack, I''d much rather Pritchard start.

----------------------Ruddy----------------

Pinto ------ Godrey------Klose------Olsson

-------------------Mulumbu---------------

Murphy---Thompson---Pritchard---Murphy

---------------------Morris--------------------

//////////////////////////////////////////////

Subs - Kilip, Martin, Turner, Tettey, Canos, Wes, Jerome

Time to give youth a chance. Without outside investment it is our only chance of seriously establishing ourselves in the Premier League.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]All of a sudden Martin is everyone''s first choice on the team sheet. Ask yourself why?[/quote]
No idea. I could understand it when he was playing centre back. But hes been poor at right back. Whits would be better there.
[/quote]
Spot on.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="nutty nigel"]What''s Jacob done to warrant being dropped?[/quote]
He was poor vs Derby
[/quote]
Well like I said. If we don''t play anyone who has had a poor game then I can only think of Jerome who could play on Saturday and he''s more than likely injured.
[/quote]
This was a game where, in majority, everyone played better, I feel we saw a vast improvement from recent weeks, a solid defence and a a midfield that was keeping possession well. He stood out like a sore thumb, consistently losing possession and often braking down an attack, I''d much rather Pritchard start.
[/quote]
Glad to hear they were so much better buddy. That''s not what I''ve been reading on other threads though. Even from you...
It''s hard to pin down exact factors but yes there were large parts where I thought we''d gone for a stroll in the park, midfield really let down the defence for the goal, who had repeatably done their job well. Especially disappointed in Tettey, who seems to be one of a few players who possibly just don''t want to be here anymore.
No mention of Jacob standing out like a sore thumb there.
Jacob probably needs a rest but, as the manager explained the other week, he''s needed his energy while others are injured. Rested maybe but certainly not dropped.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="nutty nigel"]What''s Jacob done to warrant being dropped?[/quote]
He was poor vs Derby
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Glad to hear they were so much better buddy. That''s not what I''ve been reading on other threads though. Even from you...
It''s hard to pin down exact factors but yes there were large parts where I thought we''d gone for a stroll in the park, midfield really let down the defence for the goal, who had repeatably done their job well. Especially disappointed in Tettey, who seems to be one of a few players who possibly just don''t want to be here anymore.
Jacob probably needs a rest but, as the manager explained the other week, he''s needed his energy while others are injured. Rested maybe but certainly not dropped.
[/quote]
I''m not inclined to make the same point in different threads, feels like redundant information to me, not to mention they are complete different points being observed, here I am discussing the failings of Murphy and why he should be on the bench there I am discussing the goal conceded and team issues such as fitness and work rate.
I don''t doubt the lad''s energy and desire, but his execution was very poor on Saturday.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="nutty nigel"]What''s Jacob done to warrant being dropped?[/quote]
He was poor vs Derby
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I''m not inclined to make the same point in different threads, feels like redundant information to me, not to mention they are complete different points being observed, here I am discussing the failings of Murphy and why he should be on the bench there I am discussing the goal conceded and team issues such as fitness and work rate.
I don''t doubt the lad''s energy and desire, but his execution was very poor on Saturday.
[/quote]
That''s fine buddy. I just prefer to read the posts on here to form an opinion on games I don''t see. It''s often far more accurate than other reports. Your positive post about the performance being a vast improvement heartened me. Thank you[Y]

Been saying it for 2 years now, but with Bennett and Martin, always felt they are suitbale to a 3 at the back, especially with Olssona dn Pinto, if fit.

Team if fit, for me

Ruddy

Bennett Martin Klose

Pinto Dorrans Thompson Ollson

Pritchard

Jerome Naismith

[quote user="nutty nigel"]
That''s fine buddy. I just prefer to read the posts on here to form an opinion on games I don''t see. It''s often far more accurate than other reports. Your positive post about the performance being a vast improvement heartened me. Thank you[Y]
[/quote]
It was very much improved, I was at QPR the weekend before and that was pretty depressing watching. I think that''s why I''m even more frustrated and annoyed today, Derby were there for the taking! I feel like we''ve let a great opportunity slip through our fingers.

With ex players haunting their old clubs we have to play Pritchard (should be playing him anyway!)

Ruddy

Bennett Martin Klose

Pinto Brady Thompson Ollson

Pritchard

Jerome Olive

I go for Brady in cen. mf as he plays better there for Ireland, and Tettey has been awful to date

If we wanted to be daring with youth (& our defense is plain awful at the moment could we do worse than Godfrey in back line or how about Jacob up front with Jerome! As a 4-4-2 I''d try

Ruddy

Pinto Martin Klose Olsson

Canos Pritchard Thompson Murphy

Jerome Olive

Questions :

Does Klose come back from the cold ?

Is Pinto fit ?

If yes Where does Martin play ?

Will Bassong stay in after his interview ?

Jerome or Oliviera up front ?

Wes or Pritchard ?

These and many others will only be answered but the Tinkerman.

Last question, if we lose again is that it for Neal ?

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Questions :

Does Klose come back from the cold ?

Is Pinto fit ?

If yes Where does Martin play ?

Will Bassong stay in after his interview ?

Jerome or Oliviera up front ?

Wes or Pritchard ?

These and many others will only be answered but the Tinkerman.

Last question, if we lose again is that it for Neal ?[/quote]I would play the same defence as last week, they didn''t look bad, if Pinto is fit then I would drop Martin, rather than fanny about with the CB''s, just to accomodate him.Jerome up front, number one choice, all day long.I''d be tempted to put Pritch in, I think we are sometimes too predictable with Wes, and he very much contributed to a lot of sideways passing last week. Neil should be saying to Pritch "Go on lad, show me you''re worth Wes'' place.

As Morty but would hope Thomson is fit to replace Tettey, who seems to have gone off the boil completely. Need energy and pace in that midfield 2, which is sadly lacking in Alex I''m afraid.

[quote user="willo"]As Morty but would hope Thomson is fit to replace Tettey, who seems to have gone off the boil completely. Need energy and pace in that midfield 2, which is sadly lacking in Alex I''m afraid.[/quote]Yeah, would go with that[Y]

[quote user="Bagster"]If cam jam is out I would like to see him going 2 up top.[/quote]Who would be your two?I really don''t think Lafferty did anything of worth last week, that would say he deserves a start this week.

In my ideal world

Ruddy

Pinto

Martin / Klose

Bassong

Olsson

Mulumbu

Ja Murphy

Brady

Hoolahan

Jerome

Oliveira

Diamond....FOUR FOUR TWO MORTY!!!!!! ;)

Naismith and Oliviera looked good together against Everton, as did Mulumbu and Thompson, and Bennett and Bassong. Those partnerships are vital, and we need to get back to that. When was the last time we felt we had a team with those combinations to be feared!?