Sign in to follow this  
Smeg

Big Screen at carrow road, EMail from club

I struggled also reading the text from the City Stand. Yes i wear my distance driving glasses at the game and only recently had my eyes retested. I like the idea of it but was somewhat underwhelmed and see little point in it having the ability to rotate. The comment about it resembling a motorway traffic information board seems about right.

As long as the ''Big'' screen is completely visible from the Director''s Box.......that''s really all that matters.......

Hmmm, seems like another damp squib then. I just hope the Club haven''t saddled themselves with a white elephant, and the company providing the technology are sharing both the initial cost of development and any further costs of work on it. As Norfolkngood says, why not just go for the WHL option; proven and works.

I have no idea as long as you were in view of it how you couldn''t see/read the screen it was absolutely massive and as HD as it gets. You need glasses.

Mello Yello wrote the following post at 14/08/2016 11:55 AM:

As long as the ''Big'' screen is completely visible from the Director''s Box.......that''s really all that matters.....

Did it show close ups of the Great Leader and her nephew the Dear Leader (elect)?

I thought the big screen really added to the matchday experience, really pleased with it. Again, some just using as yet another thing to moan about 😴😴😴😴😴

It''s not great but it does hide part of the Lego hotel!

What''s the point of rotating it?

I did hear through earwigging to the table next to me the club are going to sell birthday and other messages for fans at half time, so it could generate money to pay for itself.

Still the could run any road closures and accidents prior to the end of the game on it, about all its good for!

SorrySolo but can we not have an opinion?

If it''s for the match day experience then two screens one each end fitted ala White Heart lane would have been the way forward.

It''s a half arsed, hidden cheap fix, which looks like it''s been nicked from the m3 smart motorway improvements!

Apologies. I''m just not the sort of person that whinges about such things. It''s a big screen that will have absolutely no effect on the football on the pitch or fans'' days out at Carrow Road.

It''s a shame not all of the stadium are able to see the screen. Although if you have a smart phone and hold it vertically and then horizontally and at arms length facing you......Hey presto, your very own placebo ''Big Screen!''......

I agree with you there, no effect at all. Would be nice to actually see it though and to see replays of all the goals we score ;-)

I thought it was a giant iPhone. I was the half expecting the person operating it to start checking their emails and texts during the duller parts of the games.

Would be funny to see all apps on it prior to kick off, maybe we can Bluetooth our own phones to it?

I can''t really see it that well from the lower Barclay! Just about see the side of it and a bit of the screen, but then there''s the upright roof strut in the way too!

Just think it could have been one at each end without the rotation!

Never mind I''m sure it adds to some people''s Carrow Road experience.

You''re challenge is to connect your phone to it next home game!

I can see it being used to show highlights af all those recent games we''ve stuffed binners in, prior to kick off when they visit!

Another waste of money surely a fill in with more seats for the Barclay End to stand up in

where the screen is placed i don''t think we will have to worry about it for long

can you imagine it showing highlights of our games against ipswich right next to their fans before kick off !!!

within 5 mins it will have a smashed screen

It''s not so much opposition fans I''m worried about- I''m more surprised it made it through a game with Gary Hooper.

I''m sure Bradley Johnson will sort it out.

[quote user="Indy"]Would be funny to see all apps on it prior to kick off, maybe we can Bluetooth our own phones to it?[/quote]not a bad idea, then everyone with a smartphone could see it.

From the rear as you enter the ground it looks like a metal monstrosity so fits in nicely with aesthetics of the hotel''s architecture! Looks a bit like something Anthony Gormley could have designed it so I will now refer to it as the Angel of the East!

I too thought it would be oscillating like a fan but in reality that would have been ridiculous. Hopefully it''s functionality will improve as time goes on

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37069367

At least maybe now we are futreproofed for that if it comes in by 2019!

Anyone know who supplied the screen? And was it the same company who''s installed 60 screens throughout the ground?

its just another thing where someone has tried to be clever

and its not worked

who cares if it rotates at least 1/4 of the ground can not see it!!

tried and tested two giant screens one each end everyone in the ground can see works

Why on Earth are we wasting money on stuff like this when we''ve not got a striker in yet? Surely this could have been the difference between us signing McCormack and him going to Villa?

Don''t the club realise we need a striker?! What''s going on? Are we in crisis?

I don''t really mind at all, but I found it very amusing that the Barclay pillar from my viewpoint is so perfectly placed that it completely obscures all the half-time scores.

I also assumed it would be rotating like a fan, I really see no point in what it actually does.

Hogesar

Anyone know who supplied the screen? And was it the same company who''s installed 60 screens throughout the ground?

Apparently was 2 different companies, the 60 screens and perimeter LED boards have been installed by one company and the big screen by another, there was no cost involved with the perimeter and concourse advertising screens, as the companies also sell the advertising and take a %, the big screen will pay for itself quite quickly (through advertising, but did involve the club spending a few quid, but I have no idea how much, and doubt anyone will let on anyway)

Cheers Lessingham.
I''m being a bit nosey as my company do digital signage - difference being it''s all interactive and touchy-feely and just wondering who got the 60 screen contract! You''ll be right that the advertising space sold on them will be bringing in some decent money to the company who installed them.