Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Redmond

Duncan Edwards wrote the following post at 25/06/2016 11:59 AM:

The money won''t be reinvested. This fee should get us somewhere close to a break even point after our January expenditure. Further sales will be required to fund any incoming players, I imagine Brady, Klose, Tettey and Howson will be next.

I was told several weeks ago that Redmond and Brady were going so yes expect Brady to be next.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Sterling has sod all to do with it - he was under a longer contract and we are talking a higher level when it''s Man City/Liverpool. We are a relegated side with a player who seems to want to go, not a euro giant.[/quote]

I disagree.

But whatever, letting him go for 10 million is a joke

[quote user="JF"]Duncan Edwards wrote the following post at 25/06/2016 11:59 AM:

The money won''t be reinvested. This fee should get us somewhere close to a break even point after our January expenditure. Further sales will be required to fund any incoming players, I imagine Brady, Klose, Tettey and Howson will be next.

I was told several weeks ago that Redmond and Brady were going so yes expect Brady to be next.[/quote]

As you are so "in the know", any chance of revealing tonight''s lotto numbers ?

Essjayess, so far in June 19 players have been signed by Championship teams, a lot of them have been free so don''t start worrying just yet!

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Have you lot never heard of a release clause ?[/quote]

The rumour doing the laps was a release clause of 8 Million, so why would they bid 11?

The £11m could be with add-ons, perhaps we gave Saints exclusive access or something? The idea that we''d not get as much as we could for any player is laughable, some posters seem to inhabit a very odd place if they think otherwise.

We were always going to lose at least a couple of players this close season, as we did last time (Fer, Snoddy). Redmond and Brady are the most obvious candidates - but we will get replacements as we did last time.

Maybe more than one club was prepared to pay the £8m release clause - Stoke were in the frame a couple of weeks ago - so could explain the higher figure.

Stoke City, West Ham and West Brom and southampton

if its true 11 million is a joke with 4 teams with big money to spend

If there''s a release clause, the fact that we have even a penny more than it is far from a joke; even if not, IMO £11m is a decent fee for an inconsistent performer yet to realise his potential and who is now 22.

I think this is happening and we''re going to have to agree to disagree whether it''s good or bad business.

I expect to see all this income invested in the squad, and for it to be well in excess of £10 million

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]Wiki says it was the £7.25M we got for Ashton, so it was definitely more than that!

[/quote]

Sure we got more that that for fer and snodgrass

Surely wiki is (not for the first time) wrong, as didn''t we get more for Fer (and Snod)? The problem is all our fees are undisclosed, and tbh we''ve not actually sold many players in recent years.

finding myself agreeing with a lot of posters I normally wouldn''t on this one. We''re letting him go far too cheaply.

Especially if it is 8 mil up front like has been touted. Wolves got 8 for Jarvis like 5 years ago. Can''t help but feel most other clubs wouldn''t even consider offers below 15 million.

We''re probably doing this deal early and under price because Neil is desperate for some funds to strengthen the team. But with Birmingham''s cut we''re really not getting good value for a young English attacker who scores goals and has a lot of PL experience

Balancing the books, we still have a lot of players on high wages to be paid over the summer.

Deffinately under valued for his age and ability, but that''s pretty normal without a strong leader in place.....Ed Balls is heading the club at the moment!

Still let''s be positive we do have two ready made replacements in the Murphy twins and 6.5 million in the bank after paying Brum their fee.

£11m for flawed player, based entirely on potential. Good, inevitable business.

He should want to leave and - unless we are prepared to play him at 10 (or even 9) - then he is a tactical liability at the top level.

Truthfully we were regularly too open down the right side when combined with Whittaker even in be Champs year.

This is £11m for a player who may or may not come good, who has a tic whereby he freezes when presented with open space (exactly the scenario you hope to create for him).

Conversely this may be £11m that leads to the balance of the side improving. Redmond was something of a zero equation, tactically on field he cost as much as he made.

Parma

That''s not true re: undisclosed, all our dealings have been ''undisclosed'' for years. The simple fact is we''ve got what we''ve got for him - we will have got as much as we could, but that''s never going to be enough for some as it never is.

One thing is for sure, it''s now for Saints fans to be perennially frustrated at his inconsistency....

I don''t think they will be frustrated, better players round him will only improve him as a player.

Good luck to Reddrs though, been good for us helped get us up last year so more than paid his way to our club.

Parma, Adams tried him a few times in a No.10 role and he looked lost, couldn''t get involved at all and like you said, as he hesitates for a split second when he sees an opportunity he didn''t do any damage. Which begs the question, why are upper midtable clubs like Southampton and Stoke interested in him if they won''t play him on the right? If they intent to replace Mane with him they''ll be weakening their starting 11 quite significantly.

Unless they''re signing him as a super sub, but isn''t it bad practise to sign backups? (goalkeepers excluded)

He''ll go on and do big things in an open, attacking team. Perfect move for him.Hopefully  a nice chink of money coming our way when he inevitably signs for Liverpool for 35 million.