Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Transfers In

Thats how I see it ICF. 26th just gives a little bit of credit where it''s undeserved.

Anyway 25th is just a bit more ambitious than your 26th kingo.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Pompey Canary"]We are going to hell in a hand cart[/quote]Welcome back Waveney![/quote]I''m pretty sure we''re looking at Newton/Gunthorpe rather than Waveney - in fact, I''m certain. [;)][/quote]Disappointing news.

Some kid messing around on Twitter is all I see for Tom Lees to Norwich. I''d be happy if we got him though, solid defender, especially when put next to a strong experienced type.

The only time he struggled at Leeds was when put in a disorganised and poor defence. Reminds me of Jason Shackell. He had a similar habit for us.

[quote user="Woodman"]"To be fair to some of our players they could probably benefit from a fresh start on a personal level for exactly the same reasons."

I think someone like Redmond will really benefit from his move to Southampton - a reasonably solid mid-table Premiership team. Those who were in both our Hughton/Adams squad and AN''s last season may well be suffering some confidence issues.[/quote]

I would say most of our players like Redmond need a confidence boost after the stick they get from their own fans at Carrow Road. Remember that Harry Kane guy described as the worst player to ever wear a Norwich shirt and that Klose guy who was being described as a waste of money and worse than Docherty

[quote user="Well b back"][quote user="Woodman"]"To be fair to some of our players they could probably benefit from a fresh start on a personal level for exactly the same reasons."

I think someone like Redmond will really benefit from his move to Southampton - a reasonably solid mid-table Premiership team. Those who were in both our Hughton/Adams squad and AN''s last season may well be suffering some confidence issues.[/quote]

I would say most of our players like Redmond need a confidence boost after the stick they get from their own fans at Carrow Road. Remember that Harry Kane guy described as the worst player to ever wear a Norwich shirt and that Klose guy who was being described as a waste of money and worse than Docherty[/quote]Who by?

This Harry Kane revisionism is starting to annoy me. Just because he came good a couple of years later doesn''t mean he wasn''t fairly rubbish when he got on the pitch for us.

Rumour just in, Bradley Johnson set to return to Norwich!(I am neither ITK, or have any kind of high level source within Norwich City)

[quote user="morty"]Rumour just in, Bradley Johnson set to return to Norwich!(I am neither ITK, or have any kind of high level source within Norwich City)

[/quote]Just tittle tattle then.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"]Rumour just in, Bradley Johnson set to return to Norwich!(I am neither ITK, or have any kind of high level source within Norwich City)

[/quote]Just tittle tattle then.[/quote]Yes, and I in no way try and represent it as anything other than that.That okay with you?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"]Rumour just in, Bradley Johnson set to return to Norwich!(I am neither ITK, or have any kind of high level source within Norwich City)

[/quote]Just tittle tattle then.[/quote]Yes, and I in no way try and represent it as anything other than that.That okay with you?

[/quote]Oh dearie,dearie me. [:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"]Rumour just in, Bradley Johnson set to return to Norwich!(I am neither ITK, or have any kind of high level source within Norwich City)

It''s not revisionism for me. Said at the time Kane looked like a good player who needed a run of games.

[quote user="lharman7"]Wouldn''t mind Bradley Johnson back. Maybe we put a buy back clause in with his transfer.[/quote]Its just one of those daft rumours I reckon. I don''t think the Derby fans rate him as much as we do, probably based on the fact they paid 7 odd million for him.

Never worth £7m. I''m not surprised Derby fans don''t rate him for that kind of money.

Hoping Norwich don''t sign any outfield players who are 29 or over, there are enough old boys in the squad without adding a bunch more.

Bradley Johnson was great for a season and then Norwich made a killing selling him for £7m. Going back would be a bad move, Norwich have moved on and don''t need a player in the style of Johnson.

Bethnal Yellow and Green wrote the following post at 04/07/2016 7:27 PM:

Hoping Norwich don''t sign any outfield players who are 29 or over, there are enough old boys in the squad without adding a bunch more.

Bradley Johnson was great for a season and then Norwich made a killing selling him for £7m. Going back would be a bad move, Norwich have moved on and don''t need a player in the style of Johnson.

Personally I think we do. Especially in this division as it''s a hell of a lot more of a scrap. Some games will require players like Johnson.

Re Kane, I thought he looked like he had some talent but just wasn''t ready for the Premier League at that point, especially in a team that was likely to be fighting off relegation. We didn''t have the time or the inclination to give him the run he might have needed and I''m certainly not convinced that if we had he''d have scored many.

Tettey and Howson are competitors. They get more done without having to puff their chests out like Johnson did.

Dorrans gets stuck in too - and can pass the ball.

Hopefully the likes of Mulumbu & Vadis can now push on into the first team picture a bit more. Think both have something to prove. Get a full pre season under there belts and maybe they can force there way into the team.

Seems a very similar problem to England though. A lot of tidy workers and tacklers but not enough creativity and pace.

We can''t be thinking of Tettey, howson, Dorrans and mulumbu/ vadis and think we will break teams down?

we have naismith, wes, maddison & jarvis to do the breaking down bit.

BJ certainly did less breaking down that tettey, howson etc, although when one of his shots was finally on target they were great goals.

Talking about breaking down, how about Damien Delaney to stop people breaking us down? Him and Klose with Tettey sitting deep would be perfect compliment for the likes of Pinto and Olsson to burst forward.

Palace just got Tompkins which likely spells the end for regular football for Delaney and he''s the type of no nonsense but tidy defender we need.