Sign in to follow this  
Lewis DW

Well Done City

We didn''t win - I am gutted...

But Norwich gave their all! The tactics were clever but unfortunate. I think Alex Neil deserves praise for his tactics today. Yes we didn''t win, but we did all we could to try...

I think our efforts today were noble - i know its not points, and they are key - but i am still proud of our team today!

Unlucky Norwich.

I''m bitterly disappointed....

But, I think many thought we would be torn to shreds. Stick with today''s team and formation and play that way and we have a fighting chance.

If only Redmond''s effort had gone in...

Ifs and buts.

Well battled NCFC.

I am a fan of the 3 centre backs and 2 wing backs set up.

We were unlucky today.created chances and possibly Bamford or Mbokani would have stuck one in..Jerome was influential in us coming up but he''s tried and failed at other clubs in the premier league.. Time to cut our losses with Cam I''m afraid.

Fair enough, on the whole we showed great improvement today and the lads put on a terrific show, bar Howson second half. Jerome needs to reflect on the result. Those chances HAVE to be taken. No excuses. Hopefully Bamford gets a start next week.

great performance, much attacking, battling for every ball and the better side lost, play this way for the rest of the season and we are safe, really good effort

We played as well as we can today, I can understand how gutted the players must have been at losing that. There''s no one or nothing in particular to blame except that we just don''t have enough quality in the squad.

We looked like a Championship team playing out of their skins to earn a replay in a cup game. Our passing, first touch, decision making etc everything technical basically is just so poor at this level.

That''s why this was so gutting, Leicester had an off day, we played out of our skins, the tactics and set up were spot on but we just don''t have the ability to make it count often enough.

Lifted our game today ,big confidence blow to players ,but we have played well so many times this season and got nothing ,due to poor defence and missed chances. Git a real struggle on our hands with Chelsea getting better each week , then we have man city don''t get easier!

Credit for giving it a go. But if we''re depending on clean sheets with these defenders, and goals from Jerome to keep us up, it''s only going to end one way. 

Got it - Leicester had an off day. Nothing to do with the fact that we actually outplayed them for the majority of the game?

Don''t know what game you were watching today, but our decision making was certainly not poor. The one area I would criticise today is our finishing - we had better chances than Leicester today and simply failed to convert.

Yes lets all rejoice at losing to yet another late goal! We may have played well in parts but those who say we will stay up based on that are deluded!

Our strikers cannot score and we cannot defend for 90+ minutes which is borne out by the number of late goals we have conceded, but we will stay up? Unbelievable!

If people really think that will keep us up they are nuts!

WTF?  Is this what we''ve become?It''s not a freakin kids team on a Sunday morning for god''s sake!!!!We''re supposed to be a professional football club, not to mention a Premier League one at that!  [:@][:@][:@]

performances are irrelevant, its points that keep you up and the truth is that we don''t look like getting enough.

some very strange responses on here, out played the league leaders, played some good football and made them look ordinary and you lot blame leicester having a bad day, we made them look poor, yes we should have had a point at least and 2 mistakes cost us but the team should take some confidence from that effort and they know they were unlucky with the result

Much better today, but teams that lose when they play well and lose when they play badly tend to get relegated. I think there''s a glimmer of hope but I don''t think it''s much more than a glimmer.

We played well and finally seem to have found a formation that works and 10 out of 11 players that fit into it well enough. Jerome sadly proved beyond doubt today that he''s no good enough up front, for all his great goals last season he''s not a premiership player and I hope Mbokani or Bamford start next week. Neill also needs to learn when to make substitutions - We should have replaced Jerome after about 60-70 minutes instead of waiting until we''d gone a goal down. Overall though, a much better performance, although it''s gutting to have lost after that and I don''t honestly see any hope for us to stay up, unless a miracle occurs.

Playing three centre backs was to me a good tactic against two strikers. We looked much more solid, and this change in formation also allowed our full backs to push on and add even more pace down the flanks.Our chance to win it was on the break when Leicester started to press forward in the second half, but we were somewhat unlucky to get caught out late on after defending pretty well for most of the game.Overall we seem to lack quality up front and in advanced midfield positions. One goal from us and I think we''d have won it.I think we should stick with this system.

[quote user="canarywales"]some very strange responses on here, out played the league leaders, played some good football and made them look ordinary and you lot blame leicester having a bad day, we made them look poor, yes we should have had a point at least and 2 mistakes cost us but the team should take some confidence from that effort and they know they were unlucky with the result[/quote]There are no points for style or bad luck. Yes, we played reasonably well but again we''ve come away with nothing and the games are running out. Personally I would have rather had a backs to the wall and a spawny scrambled 3 points but it just doesn''t look like its going to happen for us. Every game like this is another nail in the coffin.

now I remember why I rarely post here, full of miserable sods and doom and gloom, seems to be a place to slag off everything about the club just like the facebook groups, just for once try and take some positives from a game, yes we lost but there was plenty good happening and a huge improvement over recent games

All this "it''s no good if you play well & lose" stuff is rubbish.

What should we do, play badly & lose? It was on a knife edge today. All any team is play to the best of their ability, & we showed our best is good enough to match the best in the land.

What do you think would have been the result if we''d played like that against Villa? That''s our problem - too many poor performances.

Based on a game where we again lost, failed to score, conceded yet another late goal and where our game management and in game tactical changes and substitions were very poor (to put it kindly) "we will be safe"???And well done to everyone for giving it a good go? [:^)]

What about our previous games and performances, what about our inability to see a game out, our inability to hold on to a lead, our ineffective substitutions?A decent performance for 2/3 - 3/4 in a game which we lost and again made the same mistakes and were ultimately outdone again by the opposition''s tactical changes and substitutions, means that we will be safe?  I couldn''t agree less.  It''s points at this stage which will dictate whether we will be safe or not and not good performances in parts of games that we lose.  There are only 11 games left!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="canarywales"]some very strange responses on here, out played the league leaders, played some good football and made them look ordinary and you lot blame leicester having a bad day, we made them look poor, yes we should have had a point at least and 2 mistakes cost us but the team should take some confidence from that effort and they know they were unlucky with the result[/quote]There are no points for style or bad luck. Yes, we played reasonably well but again we''ve come away with nothing and the games are running out. Personally I would have rather had a backs to the wall and a spawny scrambled 3 points but it just doesn''t look like its going to happen for us. Every game like this is another nail in the coffin.[/quote][Y]

The difference today was an experienced manager with plan b to go three up top and take the chance, unfortunately it was calling out for a change up top and AN again waited too long.

I''m not going to criticise the performance but yet again, our tinkering manager tried something which in part looked like it might work but was undone by a late goal.

Is it time to go two up top? Bamford with Mbokani, we need points as Ricardo said.

With AN not going anywhere I can''t see us getting the points we need, it will take a couple big wins against the big boys and to win all three home games in April!

Nbs

"There are only 11 games left!"

Yes and we ain''t in the bottom three.

Everything still to play for and after a performance like that we should be feeling positive.

I see both sides of this. On one side we played well with an inventive system and kept their chances to a minimum while creating a few on the break.

On the other hand, we come away empty handed albeit with a slightly worse goal difference rather than the annihilation many were predicting. But it is still no points.

I thought the new signings look to have adjusted well today so that is a plus going into the last 11 games. We do have a very hard run of fixtures now though.

If we can play this way away from home then I hope we have something as inventive lined up for our home games.