Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

Official Norwich vs Chelsea match thread

Ultimately too little too late, if only Jerome hadn''t missed that sitter...

....so yet another game hinges on a dreadful officiating decision - Costa was a yard offside, for a PL linesman to miss that is shocking and cost us getting something from the game

One point from twenty four, very poor

Eight goals for, twenty one against.

The manager has to go, simply not good enough.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Ginja"]Ultimately too little too late, if only Jerome hadn''t missed that sitter...[/quote]If only the linesman had his eyes open.......

[/quote]
We''ve still got to better, no point complaining about officials when we just aren''t performing well enough and letting the opposition have the lead inside the first minute.

[quote user="Ginja"]Ultimately too little too late, if only Jerome hadn''t missed that sitter...[/quote]

Was that in reference to tonight or the other 10 or so games that that has happened in this season?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Ginja"]Ultimately too little too late, if only Jerome hadn''t missed that sitter...[/quote]If only the linesman had his eyes open.......

[/quote]

We are incapable of taking any chances, so we fixate on everything that goes against us. We should not be in the situation that one bad decision costs us ANOTHER home game. Jerome squandered so many chances tonight.

Jerome had a shocker tonight. As soon as the season ends I hope to god that he''s put on the transfer list.

Those are shocking stats! Must take 3 points Saturday now. I fail to see who would come in at this stage of the season that would take the job and keep us up.

[quote user="juicy plams"]Jerome had a shocker tonight. As soon as the season ends I hope to god that he''s put on the transfer list.[/quote]

You must be joking... Our top scorer in the champ last season. Who could we possibly get that would be better next season in the championship?

Amazingly, we still have the same number of points as Newcastle & Sunderland. it feels like we''re cut adrift, but we''re clinging on ...

Bournemouth are pulling away now. Only Swansea left in the mix.

That sound you can hear is my bottom ...

What makes this season so frustrating is that the league is of a pretty poor standard. West Brom sitting on 36 points, Watford on 37,Stoke 39,Southampton 40. All looking very safe yet all equally poor. Unlike us they have a knack of picking up points when they need to.

Why shouldn''t we complain about poor officials? If Ruddy let a goal in, he''d be pilloried; Jerome is being slated for missing chances - but their second goal should never have stood due to rubbish officiating and we aren''t allowed to comment on it in any way at all? Jeez. The point is that such decisions haven''t come close to evening up this season (or any season we''ve been PL), if anything it''s getting worse.

[quote user="Les"]One point from twenty four, very poor

Eight goals for, twenty one against.

The manager has to go, simply not good enough.[/quote]

And then what?????????

We are a whisker away from taking points off two top sides. The mistakes by players and officials are hardly the managers fault, the players and the officials just don''t have the quality. The spirit and fight was there in spades till the end and the crowd defiantly sang ''yellows'' as the left the pitch. I don''t want anyone other than AN in charge for the foreseeable future. It is far too late to start faffing around with the set up.

We looked pretty decent going forward most of the match, just a real shame that we don''t have a striker who can find the net. It''s certainly put into perspective when you see Benik Afobe now has four PL goals - from eight games - since moving to Bournemouth. Our top-scorer so far this season, Nathan Redmond, has just one more.

Disgusting display from the officials and to be honest, if they only get a good kicking on their way out of Norfolk they can count themselves lucky. That wasn''t just inept, that was blatant cheating, and the Premier League want to investigate that for match fixing. The linesman was bang in line with the goal and doesn''t flag him? There''s something not right there. The backpass?! How in the world is that not given?
Yes we have to get better, conceding after 40seconds is not good enough. End of story. However, given that we did that, we still made a fight of it and would have gone in level at half time if not for the cheating of the officials.
Jerome cannot start again. Too many sitters that are costing us big time.
I''m looking forward to going down. Cheap tickets, proper fans and refs that aren''t biased (Inept and crap yes, but not biased). 

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="juicy plams"]Jerome had a shocker tonight. As soon as the season ends I hope to god that he''s put on the transfer list.[/quote]

You must be joking... Our top scorer in the champ last season. Who could we possibly get that would be better next season in the championship?[/quote]It''s no good if he can''t perform in the premier league.

Stick with Neil till the end of the season and if we are relegated access his performence after 10 games. No one out there that would take the job and keep us up now. Must take maximum points from the Swansea, Sunderland and Newcastle games to stay up

Sorry JF they wont beat all those 3, even if they did its still not enough.  I think its finally  dawning on the majority  that we will go down, due to our inevitable 2nd half of season useless amount of points, just as i said would happen after the Southampton win.  Spirit is better now, but no good striker playing, 2 goalscorers in Laffs and Bamford  just not being used, and...just waiting for the Champ fixtures to see when we play them lot over the border.

Find it utterly bizarre people are happy to accept relegation. We needn''t have given Hughton the push.

With 10 games to go there''s a lot that can still happen - one win can easily turn into a run, just as one defeat can. We need perhaps 5 wins and while time is running out there''s no way we should give up - win on Saturday and things could look a lot different.

Bribery and corruption and premier officials. Also nauseating play acting by Chelsea players. William and ivanovic scoop the oscars.

A gutsy team effort in the midst of this circus.

Hoolahan, Redmond and Howson great. I think I''d rather have O''Neill than Tettey on that evidence.

[quote user="GJP"]Find it utterly bizarre people are happy to accept relegation. We needn''t have given Hughton the push.[/quote]

It wasn''t the prospect of relegation. It was that coupled with the most tedious, ponderous and negative football I have ever seen. You want to see your team having a go and if you come up short, so be it.

Many times this season our football has been poor.

We''ve had some good games but people forget we had them under Hughton too.

Stirring finish tonight gives room for some hope.  Funny how it took sheer desperation to arrive at a team shape that was vaguely suitable for competing against Chelsea.But my god, what a shambles that back five was in the first half.  You could scarcely believe our three centre backs had even met one another before. Utterly clueless.  Alex Neil needs his head read for putting three defenders to mark just one striker - Costa.  Poor Tettey got annihilated in midfield, chasing shadows.