Sign in to follow this  
unique

The Four Musketeers

Bamford, Naismith, Pinto and Klose.........names that would not look out of place on a page of an Alexandre Dumas novel....

" All for one"..........measily point......

£20million hastily squandered to compensate the dearth of expenditure in the summer, hence paying double Naismith''s true value and triple Klose''s......

Any player arriving in January clearly had to hit the ground running, unfortunately (Bamford aside, as he hasn''t been given any opportunity), they clearly have not. It could be argued that the woeful positioning of Pinto and Klose has directly contributed to a high percentage of goals recently conceded.

Where exactly was Pinto when Sigurdsson was afforded the freedom of Wales leading up to his goal?

We are only just into March. Bamford has barely featured. No City fan could be surprised if Pinto or Naismith were not in the starting line-up. Klose is the only guaranteed starter - and that''s as much to do with the paucity of alternatives rather than his own scintillating performances.

Relegation might be a blessing as recent history suggests Norwich City are pretty clueless when it comes to spending large sums of money on player recruitment, and next year''s TV money could exacerbate this trend.

[quote user="unique"]

£20million hastily squandered to compensate the dearth of expenditure in the summer, hence paying double Naismith''s true value and triple Klose''s......

Where exactly was Pinto when Sigurdsson was afforded the freedom of Wales leading up to his goal?

[/quote]

Well our manager bought a defender who cannot defend.

Who is doing the scouting a relation of Baden Powell

The guy is a decent wing back. A full back he clearly isn''t. AN made that mistake before and then repeated it against Swansea. Just like he finally worked out Martin was a full back and not a centre half only to repeat that mistake again as well.

[quote user="unique"]

[/quote]

Yes, Pinto did get caught up field but who was covering behind him? Where was Redmond? Thats right the two of them were shown on the MOTD analysis to have been trotting back or to have stopped way behind the Swansea player.

Part of the reason why our defence is so bad, is that the midfield is poor at screening / helping the defence. I thought Howson was "invisble" for most of the game.

As for the transfers: £8.5m for Naismith a near 30 year old, non prolific attacking midfield player or £10m for 23 year old striker called Afobe (who has scored 4 goals from 9 Premier league starts)? Should have been a no brainer but unfortunately Bournemouth did the deal. Says it all about our transfer dealings.

Might just as well put the Pie Lady in charge of transfers, never seen such bad buys apart from Brady in the last 3 seasons. Millions down the drain

daly wrote the following post at 2016-03-07 12:44 AM:

Might just as well put the Pie Lady in charge of transfers, never seen such bad buys apart from Brady in the last 3 seasons. Millions down the drain

What, you mean she isn''t? So why are the pies still cold!

Hairy Canary wrote:

The guy is a decent wing back. A full back he clearly isn''t. AN made that mistake before and then repeated it against Swansea. Just like he finally worked out Martin was a full back and not a centre half only to repeat that mistake again as well. 

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I think this guy would struggle to be decent wing-back in league one.

If we waste money buying these lemons, that''s something I can live them  - but heck don''t bloody play them !

Whittaker, Martin and Wisdom look pretty good now compared to this plonker 

Donkey dangler wrote:

Yes, Pinto did get caught up field but who was covering behind him? Where was Redmond? Thats right the two of them were shown on the MOTD analysis to have been trotting back or to have stopped way behind the Swansea player. Part of the reason why our defence is so bad, is that the midfield is poor at screening / helping the defence. I thought Howson was "invisble" for most of the game.  

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tell me you''re not serious. This plonker stuff ups and Redmond & Howson get the blame ???.

The Leicester goal was exactly the same problem. Pinto not making his man.

The first Chelsea goal he did try to pickup his man, but was beaten like he wasn''t there.

Some think he''s good because he''s a fast runner. But wasn''t too fast against Swansea was he? 

I notice Whittaker gets a mention, and in a positive way for a change.

Always the scapegoat, he was no worse defensively than is Pinto and a lot more effective coming forward, Whitts has had some memorable moments in an attacking role over the seasons, and a few goals as well.

I cannot see the point of the Pinto signing.

Never as bad as some made out, I would recall him for the rest of the season, but like Lafferty he seems to have become a victim to AN''s cold shoulder.

Neither of the two mentioned are, in truth, quite up to it in a PL side, but with a goal-shy forward line and a dodgy defence it begs the question of why they are both still getting paid whilst not being given the slightest look in.

One way or another the Club seems to be bleeding money for little return nowadays (RVW''s wages being top of the list of waste.) We might regret this degree of financial imprudence next season.

Surprise nobody has mentioned Jarvis in this list. Another 1 hit wonder who mysteriously loses any resemblance of form once his signing is made permanent.

Jarvis had 1 decent game.. his debut.

Complete madness to sign him permanently.

They are all good players. It is easy to be wise after the event but surely we must realise that throwing money at a problem doesn''t make it go away.

We expect too much too soon, that puts pressure on the players.

Bamford is probably the most talent but isn''t actually ours and hasn''t played, must start games from now on, preferably in a two.

Naismith had cracking debut and had faded away big time.

Klose I think is ok, ball playing centre back but needs right partner.

Pinto, don''t get me started!!! I said in January we should have been in early for Sam Byram, we didn''t and we have a defender who can''t defend!

All in all money unwisely spent, what does Lee Darnborough do for his cash???

We would never have got Byram with Everton and West Ham in for him.

[quote user="Six Pack"]

Hairy Canary wrote:

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I think this guy would struggle to be decent wing-back in league one.

If we waste money buying these lemons, that''s something I can live them  - but heck don''t bloody play them !

Whittaker, Martin and Wisdom look pretty good now compared to this plonker 

[/quote]

Good to see our midfield do a good screening job v Man. City.

I accepted that Pinto got caught out of position re Swansea but his team mates should have been helping and with the exception of O''Neill they were found wanting (again).

[quote user="unique"]Bamford, Naismith, Pinto and Klose.........names that would not look out of place on a page of an Alexandre Dumas novel....

" All for one"..........
measily point......

Any player arriving in January clearly had to hit the ground running, unfortunately (Bamford aside, as he hasn''t been given any opportunity), they clearly have not. It could be argued that the woeful positioning of Pinto and Klose has directly contributed to a high percentage of goals recently conceded.

We are only just into March. Bamford has barely featured. No City fan could be surprised if Pinto or Naismith were not in the starting line-up. Klose is the only guaranteed starter - and that''s as much to do with the paucity of alternatives rather than his own scintillating performances.

Relegation might be a blessing as recent history suggests Norwich City are pretty clueless when it comes to spending large sums of money on player recruitment, and next year''s TV money could exacerbate this trend.[/quote]I think the really important question is why are they called Musketeers when they only ever have sword fights.

Their regiment is called the Musketeers of the Guard/King, they only had lots of sword fights in the films as it''s a lot more exciting that watching someone loading a musket.