Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

MATCH THREAD - Crystal Pallace

we don''t need to be chasing it...Results are going our way and we still have the points cushion.to be getting stretched and drawn out of position is not necessary..can we find Redmond more?

Oh well, roll on next week, just need Leicester to do us a favour tomorrow

Why is it that there are just certain grounds that you know you will never get anything from

Jas, we have a 4 point gap and Sunderland have 2 games in hand. Whilst points on the board are better than games in hand, we no longer have our destiny in our own hands. I''d barely call that a cushion.

Yep this is a poor game and a tough one to watch. Reminds me of the Swansea 6 pointer, when we came up short. Just don''t see the same drive and determination as last week.

Final five minutes... OTBC

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Jas, we have a 4 point gap and Sunderland have 2 games in hand. Whilst points on the board are better than games in hand, we no longer have our destiny in our own hands. I''d barely call that a cushion.[/quote]

We play the Mackems at home...it''s still in our hands...

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Jas, we have a 4 point gap and Sunderland have 2 games in hand. Whilst points on the board are better than games in hand, we no longer have our destiny in our own hands. I''d barely call that a cushion.[/quote]Sunderland play Leicester tomorrow... the gap will remain 4 points when they visit us next week.beat them and it''s done and dusted.

Good old Norwich - Palace not win for umpteen games until they play us - so predictable

Well if we have to lose one of the two games this was it. Bit of a worry that we never really troubled a Palace team so low on confidence and the Klose injury could be a major blow. Not confident going into a relegation 6 pointer with Bassong or Martin in at CB.

Need Redmond in from the start next week- Jarvis was totally anonymous most of the game and Brady is in poor form currently. Also Bamford looked like someone who''d won a competition rather than a pro- can totally see why Palace didn''t play him based on that.

It''s that familiar feeling.What a shame. If the worst does happen it will be because of too many afternoons like this against teams around us at the bottom.We''ll probably need to win against both Sunderland and Watford to stay up.

[quote user="Redders Right Foot"]Ruddy running up top is an interesting choice. but I liked it.[/quote] YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN! WHERE WAS THE FIGHT? WHERE WAS THE PASSION?

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Jas, we have a 4 point gap and Sunderland have 2 games in hand. Whilst points on the board are better than games in hand, we no longer have our destiny in our own hands. I''d barely call that a cushion.[/quote]

We play the Mackems at home...it''s still in our hands...[/quote]

True. But let''s get a grip here, it''s everything but a cushion. Sunderland after all are the great escape artists beating Chelsea, man united and drawing with man city 2 seasons ago totally against the form books, and we beat them 2-0 at home. How did we end up? It means nothing. Leicester are due a loss and I pray that it''s not against Sunderland tomorrow.

Where do these away game non appearances come from ... repeat of Bournemouth, Watford and Villa away.

Don''t have someone to grab the game by the scruff and shake our boys awake.

What a bloody awful game (especially after watching the Arse''s game just before).

Bamford really is looking like RvW MKII.

I fancied Sunderland to get a result tomorrow before today''s games. I''m convinced they will now, can see them getting 4 points off Leicester and Everton.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Jas, we have a 4 point gap and Sunderland have 2 games in hand. Whilst points on the board are better than games in hand, we no longer have our destiny in our own hands. I''d barely call that a cushion.[/quote]Sunderland play Leicester tomorrow... the gap will remain 4 points when they visit us next week.beat them and it''s done and dusted.[/quote]

I hope you''re right. Although let''s say they do lose, and we beat them, they still have 15 points to play for being 7 points behind, and we''ve just shown a 3 game haul of..... You guessed it 7 points! Totally out of the blue from the clutches of certain relegation. It won''t be done and dusted next week. You''re naive if you believe that, truly.

Was utterly astonished in mrs. miggs prediction topic how many fans thought we would get 1 or 3 points from this game...i pointed out so many things that stood out against us getting anything and sure enough City never let me down. Way to much optimism over that 3 game mini run...guys saying City were the 1 of the 3 teams that were on the good run. Utter nonsene, Sunderland are unbeaten in 7 Prem matches, they are the ones who are showing they will escape.Fully expect them to beat a wobbly Leicester tomorrow, then get a result at our place. City can still do it, but i cant see it myself. 18th and 33 points, ive stuck to that all season, thru good and bad runs.

I thought we played alright, just lacking a bit of quality. Do need to beat sunderland now, though to be fair we always had to win that game

Can''t believe a referee has caused us points twice against the same team!

Palace hadn''t won in 2016. Puncheon hadn''t scored all season!

We didn''t turn up against a poor Palace. We didn''t against Villa, or Swansea, or Newcastle (earlier in season) or Bournemouth. Same old Norwich, just cannot turn the screw against the poorer teams!