Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

MATCH THREAD - Crystal Pallace

Performance slipping badly since Klose off, just need to see this out to half time.

Klose, Mbokani and Howson are the 3 we really needed to stay fit until the end of the season. Gutted. Jarvis isn''t bringing much to the team today, I''d be inclined to get Redderz on!

Could potentially just be a bruised knee that has swelled - only time will tell. Bassong is still good at this level, keep the faith.

As for the performance, we''re evenly poised and Villa and Newcastle are both losing. One goal will win this - let''s make sure it is us who scores it!

Garth Crooks“I think it’s a stonewall penalty. Anywhere else on the field and the

referee gives it, but because it’s in the box he doesn''t. It might have

not been a foul in my day, thank God the game has evolved. It was

bordering on GBH.”

You''d settle for 0-0 at ht with Newcastle losing (and apparently playing poorly); Sod''s law that we have had a stonewall pen turned down and Klose going off, though - hopefully that one isn''t as bad as it appears.

Not saying it''s fair, but we got our third goal from what looked a dubious handball last week. We were due that luck from earlier in the season without doubt, but I''d take not getting that peno over olsson scoring when he did everyday.

Brady not having a great game today, not bad either, just not quite as effective as he can be. Howson has been immense again, and must be in pole position for POTS

That was lucky, not sure how we got a foul from that cross, cross is looking a likely avenue for us conceding today.

Brady is making consistently poor decisions- shooting when he should pass and not being as involved as usual.

Would like to see Redmond on either for him or Jarvis to give us a bit more out wide.

Gaaah! That was a good move, shame Naismith couldn''t get his foot through it

Not to see like I''m moaning but Naismith also not quite delivering the quality needed from him right now either. That shot should''ve been closer to goal or on target at least.

10 minutes into the 2nd half and not much change from the 1st half. Neither team seem to be taking control of the game. We just need that bit of quality from someone but I just can''t see where it will come from? Perhaps Redderz and Bamford for Jarvis and Naismith might be the answer. I''m sure changes will be made around 60 minute mark

Or famous last words, and Brady will go and slot one in (we hope!)

Someone tell AN players against their old clubs always score. Get Bamford on!

Eeeeek! That was close, Palace are shocking in front of goal thankfully

Making some very poor decisions in attack, we make a good move do the hard work and then chuck it all away with a bad pass.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]That chance sums Brady''s day up[/quote]

think people are being too harsh on brady on this thread. it''s not his fault we''re losing. he''s getting in the right positions and his passes are good. made a few poor decisions but it is what it is, he''s playing as a winger and if he has the choice of a cross or a shot he''s more likely to take the shot.

C''mon Redderz. We had better score cos I''m pi55ed off with teams having awful runs getting a boost, simply cos they are playing us. Gr8 save there Ruddy.

Gotta say Pardew has played his cards right so far, for me AN didn''t react quick enough to Zaha coming on, needed a change.