Sign in to follow this  
militantcanary

Hang your head in shame Alex Neil

i don''t blame Martin he can''t play as a CB

i don''t blame Bassong he can''t play with a crap CB as partner and looks 3 times better with a good partner

I blame you the Manager

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.

Everyone said don''t put that defence out but yet he did and Russell Martin is now unplayable or near enough.

Bennett dropped as AN felt Martin was better suited to deal with Firmino!

Well if not bothering to pick him up for the first and most of the game and giving him a freebie for Firmino''s second is better suited, it was a perfect plan.

And before people come on here and go on about others, from that comment Martin was clearly given a job to do, stop Firmino and didn''t do it.

For his part in it, AN should have changed the system at 3-2, you could feel that Liverpool were going to get another.

The biggest problem with Martin is that he''s not good enough to play with it,me gets closed down very quickly and easily so always wants to go backwards,many team doing their homework will know he''s a weak link, it''s there to see.

I couldn''t tell who was responsible for leaving Henderson completely unmarked and free for the second but 8-10yrds out with a free shot at goal is also basic and should never happen.

Indeed, who did say Bennett was injured? Not me, I said he was unavailable. Klose has been in the country well under a week and barely trained with us - I can imagine the comments now had he played and looked rusty. Far better to play as we did, without the benefit of hindsight.

Think Rob Butler said Bennett was available and if Klose was taking up a place on the bench then he was fit enough to play also , Alex Neil is starting to look as inexperienced as he is , most on here predicted four or five last night as soon as news leaked of the cb pairing .

Indeed, who did say Bennett was injured? Not me, I said he was unavailable. Klose has been in the country well under a week and barely trained with us - I can imagine the comments now had he played and looked rusty. Far better to play as we did, without the benefit of hindsight

That''s the whole point its not hindsight is it, it was a disaster waiting to happen and what a fucking surprise it did happen.

You cannot defend the indefensible so best not to try.

Major questions marks over the Manager now for me,

he has to pick the players up after likely massive mental scarring. When was the last time Martin looked good as a CB quote the game please

Yeh let''s fire the manager that''s got us to the premier league and has got us (more often than not) playing some great football and keeping us competitive with an average squad that wasn''t strengthened enough in the summer.

Some people really are utter *****************

Bennett & Klose were fit to play

Why oh why our Manager choose Martin as DC - I''ll never ever understand (I hope last chance saloon)

Alex has done some great things for Norwich City - but Martin continues to be his big on-going problem at Central Defense that he cannot come to terms with ( that he''s just not good enough)

Just accept Martin is never ever going to be a quality DC - either use him at RB or sell him quick

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Indeed, who did say Bennett was injured? Not me, I said he was unavailable. .[/quote]He was not unavailable - you''re unavailable if you''re injured, ill or suspended and he was none of those.Therefore he was available.

Hang head in shame is a bit strong but it increasingly feels to me as if Neil has been managing to pull the wool over your eyes thus far in terms of his tactical ability/judgment.

I''m not advocating sacking him as he has talent that is worth persevering with but his team selections worry me, there is far too much tinkering and his subs rarely improve us. It beggars belief that he started Martin at CB today and also that at no stage did he look to tighten things up in midfield which was way too open. If Mulumbu can''t get on the pitch today in that second half then he never will.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]if Klose was taking up a place on the bench then he was fit enough to play [/quote]I suppose if Martin or Bassong had got stretchered off in the first minute then Kloser would have been fit for 89 minutes or as it turned out 94 minutes.A player is either fit or he ain''t fit.You can''t have it both ways.

I was told he was unavailable, not injured - anyone suggesting I said otherwise clearly cannot read. I don''t know if it was right, though - Bennett would have been a much better option at CB.

The worrying thing is Alex Neil can''t explain why we lost ,when some fans predicted we would have problems when the line up was announced . Inexperience showing .

R Bennett is one of those players that you feel the manager is looking for an excuse to leave out, whereas the opposite can be said of R Martin. Is it not true that Bennetts wife is having a baby then? if not then why the hell have we left it until Jan transfer window to bring in CB the manager sees as in the first 11.

If the manager really doesn''t rate Bennett better than Martin on the evidence of this season so far, we should be in the market for anther Centre Back.

Starting 3 new signing, 2 of which signed this week would''ve been risky particularly as 2 of those changes would''ve been in defence. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I agree Martin shouldn''t have started and Bennett has done little wrong to lose his place but I think putting Klose straight in would''ve been a big risk as he hasn''t played competitive football for a while and just had a winter break.

Naismith was a risk worth taking with less defensive responsibilities and knows the PL so no need for adjusting.

[quote user="Kurious Oranj"]Starting 3 new signing, 2 of which signed this week would''ve been risky particularly as 2 of those changes would''ve been in defence. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I agree Martin shouldn''t have started and Bennett has done little wrong to lose his place but I think putting Klose straight in would''ve been a big risk as he hasn''t played competitive football for a while and just had a winter break.

Naismith was a risk worth taking with less defensive responsibilities and knows the PL so no need for adjusting.[/quote]

Playing Martin at CB was a bigger risk than playing Klose. We know the former does not work and there is no hindsight involved in making that judgment.

I must admit AN''s stock response of "We made some poor decisions today" seems designed to de-escalate; it''s rather like saying "We''re usually competent footballers however instead of choosing to play well, we decided to make some awful lash-ups today, so please forgive us for doing that..."

Just as well it''s football, not brain surgery...

Pretty common occurance now though, that post match analysis. What is being done to rectify it? Dropping Bennett again? Very poor decision IMHO. Second time now he''s done that, he regretted it last time as well.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]I must admit AN''s stock response of "We made some poor decisions today" seems designed to de-escalate; it''s rather like saying "We''re usually competent footballers however instead of choosing to play well, we decided to make some awful lash-ups today, so please forgive us for doing that..."

Just as well it''s football, not brain surgery...[/quote]
As far as I''m aware, Brain Surgery isn''t a professional competitive sport played against an opposition team who are also trying to complete surgery on the same brain.
Other than that, your comparison stands up to scrutiny.

[quote user="Darth Bor"]
As far as I''m aware, Brain Surgery isn''t a professional competitive sport played against an opposition team who are also trying to complete surgery on the same brain.
[/quote]It bloody well should be. We could start with alartz''s brain.

Where has this thing about Bennett''s wife come from? All I can find is Archant journalists quoting AN as just choosing not to select him?

[quote user="king canary"]Where has this thing about Bennett''s wife come from? All I can find is Archant journalists quoting AN as just choosing not to select him?[/quote]AFAIK Neil said that RB not being in today''s squad was a tactical decision. If the story about his wife were true, why would Neil not verify it?

It bloody well should be. We could start with alartz''s brain.

-------------------------------------------------------

We''d have to find the bloody thing first.

Clearly militantcanary wants people to walk on water and piss gold through their cock end.... Alex Neil has signed Klose and inherited a championship standard squad. The key changes Alex Neil made today and throughout his time here have made a huge difference and he is taking this club forward incredibly well.

Maybe you should change your name to militantseagull, go support Brighton and hang out the back of Chris Haughton?