Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

If we lost the next four/five...

[quote user="ricardo"]The thread is about what would happen if we lose the next five which would make ten games in a row.

My opinion is that the reasons and excuses would largely be irrelevant. Can you really see no action being taken?[/quote]

Oh come on Rickyyyyyy, surely Yankee''s points about the last five games, which I agree with BTW, are as relevant as you using the same last five games to make your doom and gloom scenario. Or are you so caught up in your misery that you can''t see that[:''(]

Hopefully this thread will be redundant after Saturday. Or will it all just roll over to the next 5 so we can misery about the possibility of losing 10 from 11....

morty I would say maybe moyes don''t know if he will come here but his stock is not great are spain and man utd but he worked wonders at everton

some one who knows the league has experience

or would you just sit there and watch us go down after another 4 losing games hoping he will turn it around ?

you have to do everything in your power you can to beat the drp we have sat on our hands before

I would love a manger to be here 5 years build a team / club but he has to show he can do it in this league

in my opinion i have my doubts over AN and always have

love to be proved wrong and alex keeps us up and becomes a good manager but i need proof of that

It''s not my doom and gloom scenario Nigel. The thread is about the prospect of losing ten games straight and what would happen

I can understand people not wanting to address the issue.

If Alex Neil loses the next four or five games, he won''t survive. I think lose the next two/three and it''ll put the board on some sort of high alert.

We sacked Hughton on the 6th April 2014, the season ended on the 11th May. Too late. Saturday 5th March sees us play Swansea away, I''m looking at that game and thinking how huge it''s looking, if results aren''t great up to that match. Lose to Swansea after a poor run of results and how can Alex Neil not be in a desperate situation then.

That would give any new manager one month more than Neil Adams had to save us. I think Saturday 5th March is a key date for us.

As for what I truly think/predict will happen - As long as we start playing a settled side with clear direction, I think we''ll survive. I think Villa are down, at least one of the North East clubs will go and to me Swansea look likely too. I think we''ll finish 16th.

RDS7, your opening post said surely the board wont blindly back Alex into relegation?...well of course they wont,thats just a silly scenario. But they will back Alex even if relegation happens, with their eyes wide open, after having reviewed week by week the situation at the club, and the best possible manager to get us back which from experience is AN.You alluded to the situation 2 years ago when the board waited to long in sacking Hughton. Arguably you are correct in that, but that was then, this is now, it does not make it 100% certain thats  the right course to follow in this scenario.Indeed i repeat from my previous posts, while results on pitch are a factor, its the general all round club situation that matters. Do you think McNally and the board went into this season blindly believing City were gauranteed staying up? of course not, DM knows of, and is part of, our recent ups n downs as a club  right back to 1-7. Point is though, even in the year since Alex took over, the club have made huge strides in changes, but without to far to push us into a scenario of 1-7 again. The board itself have had changes, but much of which has changed for the better is factually down to Alex getting us promoted.Yes results matter, but each scenario is different, and a 10 match  loss, bad as it would be, imo would not be enough to see Alex sacked in this scenario.

The thread is about the next 4/5 games. Now it''s about the previous 5 games but only if they''re used in the context you like. Glad we''ve cleared that up Rickyyy :)

In a way, Ricardo, what I''ve said reinforces your argument. I was pointing out that - as Yankee said - there may well be other reasons why we lost the last few games.

These are unlikely to occur again (although Tettey will be a big miss) so if the team do not perform it will be likely that the manager just isn''t up to it - or he''s lost the players.

I sincerely believe it''s the manner of any future losses that matter. Losing by a flukey goal or diabolical refereeing will not see the crowd turn on Neil.

Football''s a simple game that provides so much complexity it''s impossible to truly unravel. I personally do not think that Alex is a significant factor in our present form. I''d be amazed if we could find a better manager

Good points Ron. Realistically the crowd doesn''t expect much from the home games v Chelsea, Man City or Man U, but will expect wins from the other 4 - West Ham, Newcastle, Sunderland and Watford. Lacklustre performances (and results) in those games will heap pressure on AN.

[quote user="ricardo"]If we lost the next five there would be no possibility of him surviving despite what the directors might think.Once the crowd turns its all over.[/quote]
Any thread is fair game for discussion and expansion, otherwise the forum would lose a level of appeal. However, Ricardo, to appeal to your more rigid thinking, you are correct that this thread is about possibility, i.e. "if we lose the next 4 or 5". However, your answer above leaves no room for possibility regardless of how the team performs or whatever other circumstances exist. In your mind there is "no possibility of him surviving" and, not only that, you go on to say once the crowd turns it''s all over, implying clearly that, in this case, one would follow the other. You were astute enough to link the two thoughts but leave them as two separate sentences should you need to revert back to them and say. "ah yes...but the crowd has not turned yet."
This is rather like your relegation candidate predictions that I have pulled you up on before. You make a number of them and then forget the incorrect ones. Your past response to me on such action is that when circumstances change you modify your predictions. Of course you do, and that''s what makes the forum fun, but a wise man would retreat from giving the impression that his predictions come from the Mount.
Incidentally, for clarity, I was not making excuses for the past 5 games ( not even for the Stoke match ). I was raising the possibility that illness could have affected us for a little more than two weeks from Mid January, another  possibility that also merits consideration, IMO, to provide balance against those who appear a little too eager to reach an answer on the possibility  in question here.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The thread is about the next 4/5 games. Now it''s about the previous 5 games but only if they''re used in the context you like. Glad we''ve cleared that up Rickyyy :)[/quote]Because 5 and makes ten and that would be the issue.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="ricardo"]If we lost the next five there would be no possibility of him surviving despite what the directors might think.Once the crowd turns its all over.[/quote]
Any thread is fair game for discussion and expansion, otherwise the forum would lose a level of appeal. However, Ricardo, to appeal to your more rigid thinking, you are correct that this thread is about possibility, i.e. "if we lose the next 4 or 5". However, your answer above leaves no room for possibility regardless of how the team performs or whatever other circumstances exist. In your mind there is "no possibility of him surviving" and, not only that, you go on to say once the crowd turns it''s all over, implying clearly that, in this case, one would follow the other. You were astute enough to link the two thoughts but leave them as two separate sentences should you need to revert back to them and say. "ah yes...but the crowd has not turned yet."
This is rather like your relegation candidate predictions that I have pulled you up on before. You make a number of them and then forget the incorrect ones. Your past response to me on such action is that when circumstances change you modify your predictions. Of course you do, and that''s what makes the forum fun, but a wise man would retreat from giving the impression that his predictions come from the Mount.
Incidentally, for clarity, I was not making excuses for the past 5 games ( not even for the Stoke match ). I was raising the possibility that illness could have affected us for a little more than two weeks from Mid January, another  possibility that also merits consideration, IMO, to provide balance against those who appear a little too eager to reach an answer on the possibility  in question here.
[/quote]When and if the crowd turns is not open for discussion, it is quite plain to everyone when this occurs. Hughton had a few narrow escapes when many were calling for his head but you didn''t get the feeling that the die wasn''t finally cast until the WBA game and even then there were a few hours before the axe finally fell. In AN''s case there have been one or two boo''s in recent games but no incident on a par with Hughton-WBA or Worthy-Burnley but continued failure inevitably brings the prospect closer. AN  has rightly earned himself a fair amount of good will and any talk of the axe falling is indeed premature. However the question raised by this thread is how far is too far. In my opinion another five consecutive defeats would bring this sharply into focus. That surely should be the nub of the argument on this thread. Excuses for the previous five defeats, however valid don''t address the question that this thread has raised and shouldn''t form part of future speculation. Hopefully it will remain pure speculation and the issue put to bed with a change in fortune.As for predictions they can only be judgements based upon the facts and given high or low probabilities according to the actualities. If it was possible to make 100% predictions we would all be banned from bookmakers shops. My early prediction thread that states the league is largely set in stone after 12 games has been proved remarkably accurate and again I would suggest that my Xmas prediction thread and goals conceded theory is still well on target with the same half dozen still at the bottom. I shall be presenting a final thread on the subject with 12 games remaining and I will be revealing some interesting stats that have emerged. Things can change quickly but they are mostly exceptions that prove the rule..Miracles do occur but by the very nature of being miracles they are few and far between. Nothing is set in stone until of course it isn''t.

The BOO''s on Tuesday were aimed at the ref and not our boys I recon.

AN is being criticised in the bogs at half time, but to be honest there are so many dicks in there,

So Moyes is your suggestion, Norfolkngood?

And you have never been convinced by Alex Neil? Even when we were winning for fun last season in the Championship, culminating in that amazing day at Wembley?

Were you there?

Alex Neil is the manager for the long term.

[quote user="morty"] Alex Neil is the manager for the long term.[/quote]

That may well be true for now but there is a cut off point for everybody somewhere down the line.The question the OP was raising was where is that point for you and more importantly, where do you think it will be for McNally.

[quote user="ricardo"]

That may well be true for now but there is a cut off point for everybody somewhere down the line.The question the OP was raising was where is that point for you and more importantly, where do you think it will be for McNally.[/quote]McNally is held in a God like status and is bomb proof.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="ricardo"]

That may well be true for now but there is a cut off point for everybody somewhere down the line.The question the OP was raising was where is that point for you and more importantly, where do you think it will be for McNally.[/quote]McNally is held in a God like status and is bomb proof. [/quote]That means he would probably have to act sooner rather than later.Or would he be swayed by last seasons heroics and the excuse of sickness in the camp?

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 05/02/2016 6:44 PM:

ricardo wrote:

That may well be true for now but there is a cut off point for everybody somewhere down the line.

The question the OP was raising was where is that point for you and more importantly, where do you think it will be for McNally.

"McNally is held in a God like status and is bomb proof. "

Not sure if age related brain function deterioration is at work here Till: but anyway, to get back to the thread which is about AN and not McNally, if we lose every game between now and including Swansea AN will be gone.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]What about if we lose them all and then draw with Swansea?

What do you guys do for fun?[/quote]speculate and argue about possible but hopefully unlikely scenario.but that''s just what the OP has posed in his question and some of us have attempted to answer.

But that''s all well and good but what about if we lose them all and then draw with Swansea?

What about if we draw with Villa and then lose them all including Swansea?

I don''t think it likely we''ll lose them all so will a point somewhere be enough?

It''s a forum for me too.

For me it''s easy, we are giving it our best shot to stay up, if we go down its because we weren''t good enough.

If we lose the next 4 or 5 I wouldn''t be happy but heck it''s the premiership and there''s no given right that we should expect to beat anyone, nor should the squad or AN think that they can''t beat anyone in this league!

If the board can line up someone who has the experience and history who they feel can give us a better chance of staying up then they had better make that change before 5 games to go!

I''d stick with AN even if we lose the next 5, for me end of March and home games in April are going to define our season.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]But that''s all well and good but what about if we lose them all and then draw with Swansea?

What about if we draw with Villa and then lose them all including Swansea?

I don''t think it likely we''ll lose them all so will a point somewhere be enough?

It''s a forum for me too.[/quote]However this is not the scenario that the OP posedSome of us have answered the question posed and given some idea of when they think action would be taken in the light of that proposed scenario becoming fact.You''ve made several interventions but not given an answer.I perfectly understand the reluctance but surely you have an opinion even in the unlikely event of action having to be taken.

Well good on ya for doing so Rickyyy..

I liked Yankee''s contribution but you cuffed his ear and sent him packing. He made very relevant points.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well good on ya for doing so Rickyyy..

I liked Yankee''s contribution but you cuffed his ear and sent him packing. He made very relevant points.[/quote]But apart from making some excuses for the present predicament he still declined to answer the question.Is there no possible scenario out there that might see AN shown the door?I reckon you''d let him help Smudger to kick MWJ''s Woodbines about before lifting a finger Nigel[:D]

[quote user="Indy"]

I''d stick with AN even if we lose the next 5, for me end of March and home games in April are going to define our season.[/quote]Fair enough, but I doubt McNally or the majority of the crowd will be as patient.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Indy"]

I''d stick with AN even if we lose the next 5, for me end of March and home games in April are going to define our season.[/quote]Fair enough, but I doubt McNally or the majority of the crowd will be as patient.[/quote]If David "Always good to hear from you, PurpleCanary!" McNally got impatient and wanted the trigger pulled he would still have to convince the board, including the new chairman, that he had a better alternative up his sleeve to the man he (I assume) singlehandedly recommended for the job just over a year ago.That could not only be an embarrassing ask bit also a tough one.History indeed sometimes has lessons for the present, but not all situations are the same, and I have yet to see a convincing argument that this mooted scenario would inevitably mean Neil was sacked.

Why should we trust the CE when he''s just wasted another transfer window merely safeguarding his bonus by balancing the books rather than even ATTEMPTING to safeguard our PL status.

Cheap incomings funded by outgoing sales just so he can pack a few more quid in the bulging wallet.

Nothing but a dictator that''s motivated by cheap options. Adams, Neil and EVERY bloody transfer window.

Delia Out.