Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

If we lost the next four/five...

I said before that it would be the manner of the defeats that matters.

Today was not good. If he can''t motivate the team then, reluctantly, I think he needs to go.

a manager should be able to work with the players he has at least get them to fight and have desire run through brick walls for him

organise them to be hard to beat play to a system

AN is not doing that sadly he needs to go we need to be in this league next season and have to try everything we can

to lose to villa today after training firing them up all week and they play like that something is wrong

wee chats have lost the edge and are not working

[quote user="Dean Coney''s boots"]I blame the board because:

1) they are the constant in our pathetic attempts at prem survival

2) the summer window - it was as hapless as anything I have ever witnessed in football

3) they seem to aim for prem but no further and act like timid things whenever we get promoted - little old Norwich

4) they think bowkett can be replaced with balls

5) It just feels very stale at the top[/quote1. they are the constant that has seen the club develop from almost annihalation at 1-7 to the present day yo yo club of champs / prem. where despite  limited resources are financially streets ahead of  Champs clubs such as Leeds and Wolves.2. The summer window was the biggest single positive the club had ever attempted. For the very first time they had tried to get huge names in like Koulibaly at Napoli and NKoulou. That they failed does not undermine the new strategy they had adopted. They learned quickly and the January window brought much more.3.See no.2  Trying  to sign a guy like Koulibaly does not show timidness.4.Im not a board member, ive never known Mr. Bowkett or Mr. Balls so cannot comment or make a judgement.5. Agreed, especially when the team on the pitch show no oomph whatsoever.

So much for some people thinking it would be academic after this weekend and AN being here for the long term. It''s surprising how some posters on here have quickly changed their view

of AN, and I''ll include myself in that. A lot of doubts and

uncertainties have rapidly come to the surface.I''d make it the next 2 at most. An unlikely win against West Ham or Leicester might save his bacon. West Ham score first and it will be a real carnival atmosphere next Saturday.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"] West Ham score first and it will be a real carnival atmosphere next Saturday.

[/quote]Pray it doesn''t happen. I''d hate to see the bloke torn to pieces.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Capt. Pants"] West Ham score first and it will be a real carnival atmosphere next Saturday.

[/quote]Pray it doesn''t happen. I''d hate to see the bloke torn to pieces.[/quote]Agreed. I''ve seen that several times over the years and it''s not nice.

If West Ham score first, I don''t see the fans turning. I think they''d stick with Alex Neil. Hughton is the sort of manager who forced our hand, it''s nowhere near as bad as that under AN just yet.

ricardo has mentioned on this thread that when the manager loses the crowd there is no coming back well sitting in the upper tier at Villa Park today there was a chorus of boos at half time, again when the second goal went in and again at the final whistle. Looking down into the lower deck at the end when the players made a token acknowledgement to the travelling support there was a line of fans against the perimeter fence making uncomplimentary remarks and gestures towards the team.Not a pleasant sight but based on that performance totally understandable so the signs are i am sorry to say beginning to appear.

I''m not sure the feelings today were that widespread. Certainly, under CH the away crowd turned long before that at Carrow Road. Neil set us up with a do not lose mentality. It demonstrates his lack of confidence, perhaps in himself, perhaps in the players. Playing with zero width and planning to nick a hopeful goal was certainly not a strategy likely to succeed. And fail it did. Overall, today was even more abject than Watford away. Oh dear.