Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Could West Ham be ANs last game

Firstly we all want to win this game and if we do the above comment will in the short term be irrelevant. If on the other hand we lose and it is a distinct possibility against a very good side then it opens a huge can of worms. We would not only still be in the bottom 3 but starting to become cut adrift and counting the cup game then it would be 7 losses in a row. This Board may be regularly inept but they are not sentimental. After the last relegation post mortem they admitted to leaving it too late to make a change then there were 6 games to go. After West ham there will be 12 to go the next two being against quality sides.

If we lose i think they will be forced into a change to even try and give someone else a chance of a late uplift. My choice in that scenario would be Pearson, he has experience last season of a late charge and getting a championship promoted. Also he is out of work so there would be no question of compensation.

I hope we win but few can be optimistic. we will all know the answer and reaction come saturday night

They won''t sack him. They never learn.

Pearson is a good shout but we will get relegated with Alex Neil and he will start next season just as bad as the end to the premier league season. He''s useless

Unless it''s one of ''those'' performances, i.e where it becomes terribly obvious the players aren''t following AN instructions and we get destroyed 4-0, i''d be disappointed if the board caved already at just a few murmurs of discontent.

We took on Alex Neil knowing he was inexperienced, he has made some awful judgement calls but he will get better, after all who are you expecting to haul us out of this, Pearson was in this position last year and Leicester stood by him and they stayed up, even if Neil took us down i believe he would bring us straight back up, all very well delivering the axe but unless there is a messiah coming in, be careful what you wish for..... and yes i was there saturday !!!

No. As said above, unless it becomes so obvious that the team isn''t playing for him he will keep his job this season and be given a chance next. And rightly so. We were expected to struggle this season and his hands were tied by the summer transfer window. Credit where credits do, we have gone out and spent the money in January but it''s hard for those players to hit the ground running when the team themselves are not.

[quote user="Loyal Canary"]I think that if we get beat by wet spam the peasants will be revolting[/quote]They probably won''t keep their knickers on either.

No. But West Ham will beat us. The board will fail to act. The outcome inevitable. The last roll of the dice is to appoint Pearson. But, will they take it, no again.

Highland suggests appointing Pearson.

Considering he also claimed we were doomed to not get promoted unless we appointed Neil Lennon, I suggest we should most certainly not appoint Pearson.

The board will go for the cheap option and appoint Frankie goes to Hamilton

Thankfully the board have more sense than some rash posters on here so ... no it won''t be.

We have never had a better quality squad than three other clubs so it was always going to be a big challenge but Neil got us here so he should be here for at least another 12 months.

[quote user="hogesar"]Highland suggests appointing Pearson.

Considering he also claimed we were doomed to not get promoted unless we appointed Neil Lennon, I suggest we should most certainly not appoint Pearson.[/quote]Or go with Pearson then Highland won''t be able to moan for a while[Y]

No chance he will be sacked  before end season, simply because theyve invested to much in the guy. Even if we lost 10 more games, Alex would still be in charge. Out of curiousity, does anyone know Citys longest consecutive run of defeats in the top flight?..Either in the Prem going back to''93 or the top flight back to ''72?  Looking at the forthcoming matches i can see this present run carrying on.In case anyone is wondering, the record run of losses consecutive in the Prem. by any club is 20, held by Sunderland.

[quote user="Essjayess"]In case anyone is wondering, the record run of losses consecutive in the Prem. by any club is 20, held by Sunderland.[/quote]
That''s the spirit [Y]

I believe most people said we should have appointed Lennon instead of Adams and that Adams would not get us promoted , they were spot on .As for Neil getting us up , well he improved us from 9th to 3rd (just about anybody would have improved on Adams) had almost a bye against that lot in the semi''s and did well in the final . He did good , but maybe he has been massively over hyped by some on here and he is not this great manager in the making . Hes looking worse than Hughton at the moment .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]As for Neil getting us up , well he improved us from 9th to 3rd (just about anybody would have improved on Adams) had almost a bye against that lot in the semi''s and did well in the final . He did good , but maybe he has been massively over hyped by some on here and he is not this great manager in the making . Hes looking worse than Hughton at the moment .[/quote]
Not in your wildest dreams.
"He improved us from 9th to 3rd."
That doesn''t tell the half of it.
Neil''s record last season:
P22 W15 D4 L3
That is an outstanding record by any measure.

Why do people need to claim he is useless after what he achieved last season, or feel the need to trivialise that accomplishment? Ridiculous. Unfortunately his inexperience coupled with one of the weakest squads in the league means we are in a relegation dog fight, as has been apparent all season. This bad run we are on could end at any time and a couple of wins would make things look very different. Leicester were six points worse off this time last year than we are so to chuck the towel in already is ridiculous.

As always it will be the results that determine his fate. Had Hughton beaten WBA in 2014 we would have probably survived and there would have been no Wembley and no Alex Neil. History turns on very small events.Once the crowd start baying for blood it will take a very brave Board not to give him the thumbs down.If he can do just enough he could get to the end of the season and even be given a chance into next but I wouldn''t bet either way because as we''ve seen, events can turn in an instant.

[quote user="Gordon Bennett"]Why do people need to claim he is useless after what he achieved last season, or feel the need to trivialise that accomplishment? Ridiculous. Unfortunately his inexperience coupled with one of the weakest squads in the league means we are in a relegation dog fight, as has been apparent all season. This bad run we are on could end at any time and a couple of wins would make things look very different. Leicester were six points worse off this time last year than we are so to chuck the towel in already is ridiculous.[/quote]

Completely agree with this. You can say what you like about him this season,but rewriting history just to have a strop ain''t right.

@alartz - stupid comment from a stupid person, clearly.

After all this hard work Alex Neil and team have put into getting us up, dragging us up when we looked to be heading for Championship wilderness, your best suggestion after one months bad form is Nigel Pearson? Nigel f''n Pearson? Come off it!

Win or lose, West Ham won''t be Neil''s final game and rightly f''n so now get behind the manager and the team for once in your miserable lives. It''s not all win win win win win. Sometimes you have to back your team through the tough times, not cry for someone to get sacked everytime performances falter. Jesus!