Sign in to follow this  
STAN

Is Redmond leaving?

[quote user="Crispy"]I can''t believe the lengths of reading into things that go on. We over analyse everything.

This is a simple case of 2 + 2 = 5 and Half Life 3 confirmed.

Tick Tock on the the 31st of December is more likely to be with the New Year !![/quote]
Half life 3, what have you heard?

For confirmation:

New year''s eve he tweeted tick tock - quite logical

Since then he has the odd tweet about appreciated + a retweet of Elliott signing at Blackburn.

The unusual pattern happens to be the virtual Twitter silence from him.

Nathan is usually popping up at regular intervals with a variety of tweets, to have just those two comments in 6 days is highly unusual.

The nature of his ''cryptic'' tweet + the timing, ie the transfer window opening, is very concerning.

[quote user="Number9"]For confirmation:

New year''s eve he tweeted tick tock - quite logical

Since then he has the odd tweet about appreciated + a retweet of Elliott signing at Blackburn.

The unusual pattern happens to be the virtual Twitter silence from him.

Nathan is usually popping up at regular intervals with a variety of tweets, to have just those two comments in 6 days is highly unusual.

The nature of his ''cryptic'' tweet + the timing, ie the transfer window opening, is very concerning.[/quote]

Perhaps he''s just getting a bit bored with it.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]You should have stuck with " I have no idea "[/quote]

I thought he had ![/quote]

If you don''t have a brain, yep.[/quote]

Clearly that''s something else you know very little about !

I can''t be bothered to get worried about twitter. It''ll take something spectacular for him to leave us. He''s not really been playing well enough for a big team to want to come in for him IMO

A supposed £15m price tag has been slapped on his head by Norwich.

All well and good if he stays, good money if he goes.

[quote user="Number9"]Ncfc have not had bid for Redmond and he''s not for sale.

That from Paddy Davitt[/quote]Means nothing - plenty of time left for a bid and he would be for sale at the right price

[quote user="unique"]A supposed £15m price tag has been slapped on his head by Norwich.

All well and good if he stays, good money if he goes.[/quote]If anyone''s willing to pay £15m let''s get the cheque banked before they come to their senses. Redmond is great on his day but there''s far too few of those days. He''s just so frustrating. Rarely features in the '' wanted '' lists spewed out by the transfer gossip columns so maybe bigger clubs have decided that if he''s not come good by now he probably never will. 

[quote user="Making Plans"]If he''s not for sale why have they said they want £15m for him?.[/quote]Have they said that,or the Mirror?

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Making Plans"]If he''s not for sale why have they said they want £15m for him?.[/quote]Have they said that,or the Mirror?[/quote]
Yeah, I haven''t seen a direct quote from McNally so presume its BS.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Making Plans"]If he''s not for sale why have they said they want £15m for him?.[/quote]Have they said that,or the Mirror?[/quote]From the man that wrote the article."Charlie Hatch.Just seen from EDP that want £15m for Nathan Redmond. I mean Redderz is quality, but not THAT much — at least his current value.

15m15 minutes ago

Dave Freezer Retweeted Charlie Hatch

Need to read the story properly then. Our sources say the club has done no such thing, no bids, not for sale

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]You should have stuck with " I have no idea "[/quote]

I thought he had ![/quote]

If you don''t have a brain, yep.[/quote]

Clearly that''s something else you know very little about ![/quote]

You are right, I know very little about not having a brain, champ.

Could this not be referring to Berahinio again? He is getting stick from all quarters at WBA.

The most worrying aspect is the removal of the NCFC banner.

I would not sell him. Currently our biggest asset although Brady might start pushing him in this soon. Still only 21 and has added goals to his game over last 12mths. Ok he has had not been at his best in the last 2 home games being strangely reluctant to take on his man even when isolated with him 1 on 1 but as some have said he was brilliant at Man Utd.

Some frankly ridiculous comments on this thread. This is the guy who scored at Wembley & got the key 2nd goal in the 2nd leg against Ipswich.

As for those who think the Murphy''s can step right in & replace him i think you are deluding yourselves. It would be the same as selling Redmond & then replacing him with someone who has played 20 games for Walsall. If we did that this board would explode. As ever because they have been youth players they are considered to be almost above criticism & miles better than they are. Yes, they are doing great at their loan clubs & we hope they develop further & fulfil their potential but Redmond is further down the road.

[quote user="unique"]A supposed £15m price tag has been slapped on his head by Norwich. .[/quote]
But that is according to the Daily Mirror [:D]

[quote user="Making Plans"]If he''s not for sale why have they said they want £15m for him?.[/quote]

Because he is a class player, thats what class players get sold for.

[quote user="Evesham Canary"]Could this not be referring to Berahinio again? He is getting stick from all quarters at WBA.

The most worrying aspect is the removal of the NCFC banner.

I would not sell him. Currently our biggest asset although Brady might start pushing him in this soon. Still only 21 and has added goals to his game over last 12mths. Ok he has had not been at his best in the last 2 home games being strangely reluctant to take on his man even when isolated with him 1 on 1 but as some have said he was brilliant at Man Utd.

Some frankly ridiculous comments on this thread. This is the guy who scored at Wembley & got the key 2nd goal in the 2nd leg against Ipswich.

As for those who think the Murphy''s can step right in & replace him i think you are deluding yourselves. It would be the same as selling Redmond & then replacing him with someone who has played 20 games for Walsall. If we did that this board would explode. As ever because they have been youth players they are considered to be almost above criticism & miles better than they are. Yes, they are doing great at their loan clubs & we hope they develop further & fulfil their potential but Redmond is further down the road.[/quote]

Great post. If Redmond came from our academy instead he would be our best player ever lol

Does the Mirror mention him tweeting "tick tock"? I guess this is crucial stuff, a clear reference to tactics, which he cannot understand, as they are too cryptic for him. So he wants to leave. The writing is on the wall.

Herman wrote the following post at 07/01/2016 6:46 AM:

He''s been approached by the Times to become their new crossword compiler.

😄

Given the way transfer fees - especially for young British players - are inflated these days, £15m is very low for Redmond. If Afobe is worth £10m supposedly, Redmond is worth at least 20-25m given age, potential, and proven top-flight abilities.

Yes I know a few on here don''t like him (the same few who complain about everything, mostly) and yes he has a few quiet games - but I think that'' s more because AN hasn''t quite found the best place to fit him into our system at the moment. He needs to be given a lot more freedom to do his business, but currently the needs of the squad don;t allow him to fully do this. If we didn''t require 2 defensive midfielders we''d have the space to allow Redmond the roaming, creative freedom he needs to really show what he''s capable of - Hopefully if we fix the defence this month then we might not need the second DM and we''ll get to see his true range of abilities.

Pardew just said on SSN that every name linked in the media to Crystal Palace has been completely wrong.

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]Given the way transfer fees - especially for young British players - are inflated these days, £15m is very low for Redmond. If Afobe is worth £10m supposedly, Redmond is worth at least 20-25m given age, potential, and proven top-flight abilities.

Yes I know a few on here don''t like him (the same few who complain about everything, mostly) and yes he has a few quiet games - but I think that'' s more because AN hasn''t quite found the best place to fit him into our system at the moment. He needs to be given a lot more freedom to do his business, but currently the needs of the squad don;t allow him to fully do this. If we didn''t require 2 defensive midfielders we''d have the space to allow Redmond the roaming, creative freedom he needs to really show what he''s capable of - Hopefully if we fix the defence this month then we might not need the second DM and we''ll get to see his true range of abilities.[/quote]
Have you considered the possibility that the reason we need 2 DMs is precisely because, whenever he plays, Redmond himself is a defensive liability? Unlike Wenger, who had alternative attacking talent available to him at Arsenal and could therefore often afford to leave Walcott out of the team, AN''s options are (currently) more limited.

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]Given the way transfer fees - especially for young British players - are inflated these days, £15m is very low for Redmond. If Afobe is worth £10m supposedly, Redmond is worth at least 20-25m given age, potential, and proven top-flight abilities.

Yes I know a few on here don''t like him (the same few who complain about everything, mostly) and yes he has a few quiet games - but I think that'' s more because AN hasn''t quite found the best place to fit him into our system at the moment. He needs to be given a lot more freedom to do his business, but currently the needs of the squad don;t allow him to fully do this. If we didn''t require 2 defensive midfielders we''d have the space to allow Redmond the roaming, creative freedom he needs to really show what he''s capable of - Hopefully if we fix the defence this month then we might not need the second DM and we''ll get to see his true range of abilities.[/quote]

We''ve already seen his "true range of abilities" there champ. The excuses are hilarious.

[quote user="morty"]Pardew just said on SSN that every name linked in the media to Crystal Palace has been completely wrong.[/quote]Well he would say that, wouldn''t he. Golden rule of transfer windows, never believe anything

[quote user="morty"]Pardew just said on SSN that every name linked in the media to Crystal Palace has been completely wrong.[/quote]And (even allowing for some possible exaggeration/disinformation from Pardew) that is a London club into which the metropolitan-based media ought to have some kind of insight. How much more true, then, that is for our club, so far off the beaten track. Charlie Wyett seems to have some decent contacts that provide the odd story, and Mick Dennis certainly does, but is constrained as to what he can write. There is a saying in Hollywood that "no-one knows anything." It applies to the vast majority of national football journalists "covering" Norwich City.