Sign in to follow this  
STAN

Is Redmond leaving?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][{][}][/quote]W*nk*r.

[/quote]
Careful, you''re on a yellow card, remember?
Anyway, I have reported your unprovoked abuse to the administrator.

I know this topic is essentially about Redmond, but for so long  the talk has been about Laffs, Grabban and Hooper, wether  any or all of them would be leaving. Think of the scenario of Cam going to Boro, Laffs to Leeds, Hooper on a longer term at Wednesday. We would be left with Mbokani who is right now only on loan until end season, and Grabban, who is not exactly everyones cup of tea. This may be the extreme  view of how things could be, but it does show why Alex seems to hang onto Laffs, Grabban etc. We seem to be struggling to find 1 new good striker, having to find 2 or 3 would be a nightmare.

Seriously Morty.... You''re running to Sir and telling tales about that? It''s not like you''ve never done it....

Anyway. I wouldn''t like to see PUPs banned. You''re all part of one big happy Pink Un family[U] Can''t you just ban him from the other place where you have that power?

[quote user="Essjayess"]I know this topic is essentially about Redmond, but for so long  the talk has been about Laffs, Grabban and Hooper, wether  any or all of them would be leaving. Think of the scenario of Cam going to Boro, Laffs to Leeds, Hooper on a longer term at Wednesday. We would be left with Mbokani who is right now only on loan until end season, and Grabban, who is not exactly everyones cup of tea. This may be the extreme  view of how things could be, but it does show why Alex seems to hang onto Laffs, Grabban etc. We seem to be struggling to find 1 new good striker, having to find 2 or 3 would be a nightmare.[/quote]
I dont think its necessarily a case of hanging on to them, more a case of getting the right price or outcome. I dont think we need more than three strikers anyway.

1 injury, 1 out of form and then we have 1 option.

Jerome, Mbokani, Grabban and somebody new please.

Naismith playing in behind but could take other slot I suppose. If we sign him.

Don''t care if he won''t sign a deal until summer tbh. We need him now as he is crucial to us staying up this season. Would rather lose £5m potentially off his value and wait until summer to sell him if we have to. Can''t really see why he''d want to leave though. He has prem footy regularly, an emerging international career and we''ve started winning games with him an important part of that. Both him and the club would be incredibly foolish to change that situation until at least summer.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]1 injury, 1 out of form and then we have 1 option.

Jerome, Mbokani, Grabban and somebody new please.

Naismith playing in behind but could take other slot I suppose. If we sign him.[/quote]
Jerome, Mbokani, naismith and one out and out striker would suffice.

"4 days ago @NathanRedmond22: They gonna'' appreciate you when it''s too late b. Word. "

Use some common sense some of you dimwits

"They" & "you" where does it say "me" as in Redmond and then finishes with "b"?

Fans will read anything from anything into anything and as bad as PinkUn journalists. Now this will be on their site come midday Wednesday

1 name missed off by everyone for leaving (everyone''s probably forgotten about him) is Andreu.Lafferty leaving won''t make the striker need or urgency any different.  Alex is never going to play him.

"b" being Benno obviously.

Nice bloke and yes, deserved a chance but when using rule of thumb "better than what we''ve currently got", it''s a thanks but allow him to get first time football where he''ll be appreciated.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]1 name missed off by everyone for leaving (everyone''s probably forgotten about him) is Andreu.Lafferty leaving won''t make the striker need or urgency any different.  Alex is never going to play him.

[/quote]
Playing well on loan, scored this weekend, I think.
Championship standard at best right now though.

If Redderz goes and whilst I appreciate this player has been linked with bigger clubs I''d put a bid in for Andy Najar, who plays for Mbokani''s old team Anderlecht.

Whizzer & Chips wrote the following post at 05/01/2016 11:30 PM: Use some common sense some of you dimwits "They" & "you" where does it say "me" as in Redmond and then finishes with "b"?

...He hasn''t tweeted since these two cryptic tweets, strange for a regular tweeter like Redmond.

He hasn''t tweeted about NCFC since the Man U game, again strange for a player who win, lose or draw always tweets a post/pre match thought/comment.

What with the timing/content of his cryptic tweets added with him randomly deleting his NCFC header today (leaving it blank) I would suggest we''ve got a pretty good reason to "read into it".

As others have said hopefully he''s just been to the Ryan Bennett school of transfer window wind ups.

As for Redmond using the word ''you'' instead of ''me'' to completely discredit this rumour, you (whizzer & chips) need to take a look at normal tweeting habits. Lyrics, quotes and cryptic messages are the order of the day. English language definitely isn''t. #Merky

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]You should have stuck with " I have no idea "[/quote]

I thought he had ![/quote]

If you don''t have a brain, yep.

As we discussed in the Summer, Redmond was always likely to leave in January to enable the club to cash in on his existing contract. One of our best players which it seems bigger clubs than us, such as Palace, can see even if our supporters cannot. Further evidence of our inability to compete in the BPL and the need for new external capital.

I think we''re proving that we can compete in this league, even after our disastrous summer dealings, as you would have had it.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]As we discussed in the Summer, Redmond was always likely to leave in January to enable the club to cash in on his existing contract. One of our best players which it seems bigger clubs than us, such as Palace, can see even if our supporters cannot. Further evidence of our inability to compete in the BPL and the need for new external capital.[/quote]A month or so ago you were telling us we would be bottom by the Villa game so going on past form, he will stay here for the rest of his career, become a club legend, win POTS six times in a row and win the World Cup and European Championships with England.

I cannot help but feel that Redders has been a little hampered by a more defensive approach now, a bit like when Hughton was here. Seems to have maybe taken the edge off- we know Alex Neil expects his players to carry out their "instructions" and that there is detailed prep before games. So if Redmond has not got that freedom any more he isn''t going to risk getting bawled out and dropped by not going for it as much as we, as spectators, expect.

I''d be disappointed if he left but understand why he might want to go somewhere challenging for Europe and running out of 40K plus crowds, who wouldn''t if that is your profession? Its probably a god time to do it as well.

Like others have said he can be frustrating, but all "flair" type players can be, doesn''t make them indispensible and in our case I don''t think he is so crucial to the team that we couldn''t cope without, especially with a Murphy hopefully stepping up and returning better than before.

Remember Mr Huckerby could be infuriating at time s when trying to take on players and it didn''t work all the time- we remember when it did and loved him for it but countless times he gave the ball away upfield and strolled back leaving others to defend. But it was worth it because of the magic he could weave and the goals and assists he contributed. Redmond, while good is not in that league, (yet!)............

Haha, Highland, 2 good seasons in the Prem doesn''t make Crystal Palace a bigger club than us - They''re NOT!

As for Redmond, he''s off. No way is that a cryptic message for Elliott Bennett!.

At the end of the day, I don''t think Redmond''s playing at his best currently, well, not compared to some of the career highs he hit during parts of 2015 where he started to come on leaps and bounds, but irrespective of that, it''s clear that he''s not signing a new contract with us so the sensible thing for us to do will be to cash in now whilst he''s at a premium. I do not want Redmond to go, his form will return, but if he''s not going to sign then the club will have to take action now - and I believe they are given how many right sided players we''re allegedly interested in.

Food for thought though - Redmond might not have signed a new contract because he may not feel the monies right - could be that he DOES want to stay but isn''t happy with what''s being offered, and it''s as simple as that. A recent telegraph interview had him saying he has no plans to leave NCFC anytime soon.

If Nathan thinks we didn''t appreciate Elliott he is very much mistaken.

A lot of players could learn a lot from how Elliott behaves. He is a class act, put the team before himself, always polite, and when fit a quality player.

I don''t think Elliott would have posted this type of comment.

Nathan too is a top quality player, his "Wembley Wonder" will never be forgotten and I hope he stays at Carrow Road for many years to come.

Sure it has been on this site before but maybe worth sharing his interview in the Guardian again.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/18/nathan-redmond-norwich-city-interview?CMP=share_btn_tw

It doesn''t come across like he is someone eager to move on from Norwich, but I''m sure he''d like more game time.

18 months left on the contract is a worry, but Norwich have been known to extend contracts before and not announce it for a while - saving it for when some good news is needed. Also as a young player he can''t go for ''free'', but obviously Norwich would get more if he is under contract.

He has the strange mantel of being both grossly underrated and overrated at the same time. Some expect him to beat 3 men every time he has the ball, and some just see him as a lazy winger who can''t cross. His stats are good though, plenty of chances created. I saw an interesting piece showing how his numbers were on a par with Sterlings'' last season .

Worth pointing out he is Norwich''s top goal scorer so far this season. Would be a massive loss to the club should he not sign a new deal.

Totally agree with Bethnal here - Redmond is still young and yet everyone expects him to play beyond his years. I think we all accept that he could do with some competition to push him on a bit (and perhaps someone experienced to learn from), but other than that I see no reason to sell him unless it makes financial sense - if someone comes in with stupid money then we should consider it, but otherwise I think he''s worth more to us in the second half of the season and then we reconsider once we''ve (hopefully) retained Prem status.

Redmond is a young player who uses twitter a lot and loves the attention that''s why I hate twitter why not write what you really mean Nathan instead of cryptic messages !!!

I can not remember who he was talking about but when lambert was here he said of a player (murphy brothers ? ) I am not going to say how good I think they will be because next thing young players do is they will turn up at the training ground with a baseball cap back to front In a range rover playing rap music thinking they have made it ! this sums up Nathan Redmond to a tee !!

NR needs to concentrate on his football instead of bro this and bro that rubbish on twitter !! and show how good a player he can become

Maybe we''re all reading a bit too much into so few words. He''s also prone to writing lyrics into his tweets - maybe this was one? I''m far too old to recognise the words though.

On the pitch though, he''s one of our biggest threats. As has been pointed out, he''s our top scorer and top assister, so we''d definitely miss him if we sold him.

Sometimes he''s a victim of his demeanour - we often see him frustrated when a pass goes astray or he doesn''t get the ball when he wants it. Then, when he does get it, his first move generally seems to be inside to our other midfielders or lone front man. Skipping past the left back is all very well, but if there isn''t anyone to cross it to, there''s no point.

Quote norfolkngood - next thing young players do is they will turn up at the training ground with a baseball cap back to front In a range rover playing rap music thinking they have made it ! this sums up Nathan Redmond to a tee !!

NR needs to concentrate on his football instead of bro this and bro that rubbish on twitter !! and show how good a player he can become /quote

Norfolk you should read the article Bethnal put up. Redmond has never been the person you describe here. He has shown throughout his time at the club he is a good young pro, well grounded and has taken other young players under his wing such as the Murphys.

I can''t believe the lengths of reading into things that go on. We over analyse everything.

This is a simple case of 2 + 2 = 5 and Half Life 3 confirmed.

Tick Tock on the the 31st of December is more likely to be with the New Year !!

Good on his day but for a club like ours somewhat of an inconsistent luxury. I doubt he will go before the end of the season but probably in the summer. IF we got good money in January and we could spend it wisely ok by me but we have already seen evidence of our difficulty attracting quality players and we are still in a dogfight so nothing must be done to reduce our chances of staying up